Ordered iPhone 5....did I make mistake not getting GS3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
How can one of us tell you that you made a mistake on something YOU bought? It's not relevant if I personally think the iPhone 5 is better than the GSIII if you have a differing opinion...why not get the iPhone 5 and see if you like it, if you don't care for it as much as the GSIII, then trade it in within the first 14 days of owning it and get the phone you want.

As far as the stuff you've "read" or "heard", if you base your decisions on that kind of crap, good luck to you...i personally use and buy what i WANT, not what others tell me is best for them. Makes me pretty happy with my decisions, lol.

Devinfowlkes15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 5 is the right choice , keep in mind that in the future you can jailbreak it . Jailbreak it allows you to change the phone to your needs . If you like te SG3 that much you can change your UI on iphone 5 when a jail break come out and make it look just like one .

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Macbook, purchase ridiculous amounts of music from the iTunes store so most of my music is protected which means I would have to convert it ALL to play on the GS3.

If you decide to go Android You can use the Android app Double Twist to sync your iTunes music. I used it while I was on Android. It's a great Android app but not great enough to keep me on Android. The sync with my Mac running Mountain Lion, iPad2 and iPhone 4s it like butter.

http://http://doubletwist.com

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the s3. To me it may be a touch too big. all the customizing soon wears off and its just a phone. I have grown tired of constantly changing this or that and just want a phone. Yes its all cool in the beginning but my experience with android is that you are constantly fumbling with it. I stopped by my local att store and even though they didn't have any iphone 5's in stock I did feel, touch,smell the one on display. I have to admit it feels better in the hand. It seems just the right size to me and very easily can be operated one handed. The s3 i find myself using 2 hands most of the time to do about anything. Long story short I am going to give my s3 to my daughter and use her upgrade in November to get me the iphone5 . will it be a mistake i don't know but I have to do it to prove it to myself. As far as all the complaints on these forums just remember that this is just a very small number of users and some people are going to hunt and hunt till they find something wrong. Something that the biggest majority of users would never notice so I never let what others are saying weigh very heavy on my decision but I do take them into consideration but in the end I make up my own mind.

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Idk what everyone's prob with apple maps are. I love it , I've used the turn by turn a bunch of times and it always takes me where I need it using the quickest route. I guess it all comes down to where u live

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the help guys. I just keep thinking how the top reasons I use my phone is for:

Music (#1 for me)
Texting
Facebooking, etc social media

I just always wanted a BIGGER screen and I feel like Apple failed by making it just a bit taller as opposed to stretching it out. My main concern is that I am going to feel like I bought the EXACT same phone again. I haven't even updated to iOS6 yet so maybe that will make it a more "fresh" experience?

I'm just worried about not being able to play my music on the GS3, and also I know my friend has said she has to worry about viruses....it's ridiculous how buying a phone is a big decision in our lives...LOL

My love for music is what got me into Apple in the 1st place. I was drawn to iPods ever since they were announced because of how easy it is to store songs on their devices. I was thrilled when I got my iPhone 4 last year & so far I love my iPhone 5! It is easy to hold in your hand & again very easy to organize music. I actually had all of the songs already stored on my Macbook Pro that I wanted on my 5 & when I got my 5 it took no time at all for my music to go from my Mac to my 5. Also, I am on social media sites like Facebook & Twitter a lot. The new 4" screen really helps when using social media. Also email is very easy to use & set up. Before I got my 4 I had a Blackberry & was worried that I would loose that email access, however it turns out I like it on my iPhone even more! Texting on the keyboard is very responsive & if you want you have voice dictation. Oh & you can't forget about Siri! Personally I am all Apple. The OS is very organized & simple to use. Definitely #1 in my book. Good luck I'm sure you'll enjoy either device. My iPhone 5 will be with me for a long time!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have both, and use both on a daily basis. Hands down, the Galaxy S 3 is the winner. I get better battery life with it, and the phone seems over all faster. On my iPhone 5, I can't last a whole day on the battery. I do however like the fact that the iPhone just works out of the box whereas on the Galaxy you can spend some time setting it up...but once it's set up, that's a different story.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the help guys. I just keep thinking how the top reasons I use my phone is for:

Music (#1 for me)
Texting
Facebooking, etc social media

I just always wanted a BIGGER screen and I feel like Apple failed by making it just a bit taller as opposed to stretching it out. My main concern is that I am going to feel like I bought the EXACT same phone again. I haven't even updated to iOS6 yet so maybe that will make it a more "fresh" experience?

I'm just worried about not being able to play my music on the GS3, and also I know my friend has said she has to worry about viruses....it's ridiculous how buying a phone is a big decision in our lives...LOL

Assuming you don't have poor eye sight, if you were to tell me your biggest things were watching movies/videos and gaming then yes I would say the screen size would come in handy but from the uses you listed I don't see the bigger screen being a need. If all of your products are Apple I would stay within the family. I owned the SGS3 and currently have the i5 and I am much happier with the 5 but whoever you talk to will have a differet opinon so there is no point in asking. If you're looking for unbias opinions I would go to a technology site that runs specs not an Apple fansite, I am honestly surprised there are people in this thread saying the SGS3 is better lol. Go to the store and see what works best for you, if you can't decide right then buy the one you're leaning towards and if you don't like it take it back for the other :)

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If you like the iPhone, you made the right choice. I'm using a 4s and a GS3 right now, and as much of an Android fanboy as I am, I'm falling out of love with it.

I've also set up several ip5's for people, and spent lots of time messing with them. No reception issues I can see, and we're in a weak area.

That lense flair? My 4s and gs3 do it, too. My wife is a photographer, and just for fun, we tried to reproduce it with her DSLR. Yup, the $2000 camera rig does it, too.

The ip5 is a great phone. The GS3 is, too. Pick the one that fits your use case.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I just always wanted a BIGGER screen and I feel like Apple failed by making it just a bit taller as opposed to stretching it out. My main concern is that I am going to feel like I bought the EXACT same phone again.

I've no experience with the SG3 so I can't comment on i5 v. SG3 or iOS v. Android. However, I did upgrade to the iPhone 5 from a 4S, and can say that it's a markedly different phone. The speed of iOS on the i5 is much better than iOS on the 4S. LTE makes web browsing on Safari or any app that pulls data from the interwebz much faster.

The taller screen grows on you very quickly and doesn't seem out of place at all after a few days. The thinner chassis is nice too and despite what many say doesn't feel cheap or make the i5 feel like a toy.

This is totally subjective, but the i5 is an upgrade over the 4S and doesn't feel like the "same old same old".

rpoli86

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
thanks to everyone for replying. I'm NOW confident in my choice of the iPhone 5. I cannot wait for it to ship! I ordered it 6 days ago on October 10th. AT&T said 14-21 but said the 32GB isn't as popular as the 16GB because it's more expensive, therefore he said it should be closer to the 14 day mark. Now what to do with my iPhone 4? lol

EDIT: correction thanks to Exxod

Last edited:

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks to everyone for replying. I'm now confident in my choice of the iPhone 5. I cannot wait for it to ship! I ordered it 6 days ago on October 10th. AT&T said 14-21 but said the 32GB isn't as popular as the 16GB because it's more expensive, therefore he said it should be closer to the 14 day mark. Now what to do with my iPhone 4? lol

Corrected it for you. XD

Last edited:

collegehooligan

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Dude, I completely get you! i wish phone companies weren't so rigid on phones when you're getting a new contract or renewing for another 2 years. It'd be pretty cool if they let you try out a phone for a month and if you don't like it then you can return it and purchase a different phone for the same "new contract" price.

Take it from me dude, I just upgraded from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and I absolutely love it!!! It is better in every single way, faster, bigger screen, better Siri (by the way is you like to use the voice assistant feature it will make your decision a lot easier. S Voice on the GS3 is garbage compared to Siri, if it had Google Now then that would be a whole different story. The iPhone 5's camera is also superior, the GS3 is claimed to be faster by its users but that is a lie. Here in the U.S. the GS3 has a dual-core processor just like the iPhone 5. It's only the international version that carries that beastly quad-core processor. The iPhone 5 also has a smoother UI like many others have said before me. Let's not forget the fact that you're $2K deep in iTunes purchases.

I'm not bashing android in fact I'm typing this out on my Nexus 7 tablet which I wouldn't trade for any sort of iPad. Widgets are awesome and I would like to see them incorporated into iOS one day but they're not a deal-breaker for me. For me at least iPhone 5's design is also just simply a class up from the GS3, I love the rounded edges on the GS3 it feels really nice in the hand but when you pull out the iPhone 5 and you see that gorgeous two tone color scheme, and material composition on the back you'll be glad you got the iPhone 5.

Hope i helped dude.

P.S. Dude you should've gone to a carrier store rather than order it online. I went to a Verizon store in order to give the GS3 another thorough look before deciding whether or not i would commit to a GS3 or wait for an iPhone 5. Turns out I didn't even have to wait! They had just gotten a shipment that day! I literally walked in and asked and I looked both phones over and the rest is history haha!

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Well have you tested out the GSIII? It's about what you like better, not what we like better! If you like widgets and a bigger screen, yes, you made a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Axenotgood

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to point out that the speed confliction depend on what benchmarking software you use the ones that only test one core say iphone that ones that tes all cores show that the gs3 quad core blows the iphones dual core away... just some info for the records

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Since you bumped I would like to point out that the gs3 in the United States is only dual core. Though the gs3 is still a fast phone with a fast processor.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You know...Apple Jacks has a great slogan "We eat what we like!", this echoes to me throughout every one of these type of threads.

Don't follow a flock of sheep...buy the product that you prefer. You'll read a ton of great stuff about both phones and you'll read a ton of negative...NONE of which should supersede your actual trying out of the phones to see which one works better for you. Why deny yourself the ability to use the product that fits best in your lifestyle? The GSIII is a terrible choice for me, i can't stand the build quality, the cluttered widgets and the menu setups (and that's just pointing out the basics)...none of those points could apply to your view, thus making it a moot point.

...i also just realized this is a zombie thread...

MACLuvr4Life

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Others opinions of apple does not effect me. Don't go on what others say. It's just them hating the brand. I upgraded to the 5 and so glad that i did. And the fact i switched from ATT to Verizon was a good idea too. If you like your iP5 then that's great. It's all a matter of personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative