Swap Galaxy SII for iPhone

tomek1122

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying, an iPhone, it's hip and cool gadget.
But I have a basic question. How does this phone compare to Android phones?
I am currently using the Galaxy SII is about Is it worth it to change?

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
iOS > GS3
? UI never crashes
? Blazing fast
? Intuitive
? easy to use
? consistent throughout the OS
? Apps made specifically for your phone and not 2000000 different phones
? Many more
(Android has many advantages to iOS , that iOS has more ) for example in iOS There're no quick Toggles or Widgets !
From A specs point the iPhone 5 really surpasses the GS3 !
? Quality
? Durability
? Design
? Elegance
? Specs

So in my opinion the GS3 is a really great phone, but the iPhone 5 is a better one !

Last edited:

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I changed from an iPhone 4 to a GS2 earlier this year. I only lasted 3 months on the GS2 before going back to the iPhone. I was sick of the battery draining right before my eyes and having to tweak everything under the hood to make it last even 3/4 of a day. Going back to the iPhone was like going back to an old friend. Now I have the iPhone 5 and I'm never looking back!!! I also thought the GS2 felt like cheap plastic in my hand. The iPhone 5 feels like a top quality device and it does what I need it to do. Ultimately the iPhone 5 offers a more seamless UI and more stable performance in my opinion.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth it for you to change? Who knows? Only you can answer that...

I wouldn't have the GSIII even over the iPhone 4 personally...so that should tell you where i stand.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
While i've never owned an android, i previously was interested in the GS3. I started doing research on it with in the past month and half. The thing that was luring me in was the much larger screen, as my eyes arent as good as they used to be. Well. Last week, after doing my final research so to speak, i've decided to stay with my 4S, and when i'm ready, move onto the i5. There were things about the android software mixed with google that just didnt sit well with me. No one can truly answer for you if the iPhone is better for you. Your going to have to research and make a pros/cons list of each platform & weigh out what options you want most out of which of the 2.

I came from a blackberry last November, and i have NEVER looked back or would even considering going back regardless if BB10 pulls something outstanding. iOS is a smooth platform, and easy to work. I'd also suggest heading over to one of your providers shops and check it....spend a good hour or so playing with the platform to see what it can do. :)

Last edited:

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I changed from an iPhone 4 to a GS2 earlier this year. I only lasted 3 months on the GS2 before going back to the iPhone. I was sick of the battery draining right before my eyes and having to tweak everything under the hood to make it last even 3/4 of a day. Going back to the iPhone was like going back to an old friend. Now I have the iPhone 5 and I'm never looking back!!! I also thought the GS2 felt like cheap plastic in my hand. The iPhone 5 feels like a top quality device and it does what I need it to do. Ultimately the iPhone 5 offers a more seamless UI and more stable performance in my opinion.

This. Exactly. I went from 4s to gs2 to iPhone 5. I'll never go back

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
The problem is subjectivity. You are thinking of switching to iPhone so probably you have had some issues or just interested in the newer product in the market. You might hear a lot of things from everyone and anyone but there is a bias on the forum you ask. People out here might be slightly inclined towards iOS devices compared to an Android forum.

Now, personally I hate the cheap plastic design and a product that does not hold value. I hate to buy a product for couple years (though I don't keep it for more than 12) and see it refresh every quarter or more. Buyers remorse for not waiting enough every other month. This is the most valuable aspect in addition to all the advantages of a hardware and software designed by a company with one of the best customer service.

Disclaimer: I have owned all iPhones, iPads, iPods (till 2006)... and have been a Mac user for nearly 20 years...

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
It's like asking on the AC forums if you should switch from iPhone 4s to galaxy S3. Majority will sway you their way. You're asking here though so you're pretty much set on your decision and looking for validity. Works that way on car forums too. It would be fair to just go and try out both phones, use the 14day trials and then decide.

Good luck

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
iOS > GS3
• UI never crashes
• Blazing fast
• Intuitive
• easy to use
• consistent throughout the OS
• Apps made specifically for your phone and not 2000000 different phones
• Many more
(Android has many advantages to iOS , that iOS has more ) for example in iOS There're no quick Toggles or Widgets !
From A specs point the iPhone 5 really surpasses the GS3 !
• Quality
• Durability
• Design
• Elegance
• Specs

So in my opinion the GS3 is a really great phone, but the iPhone 5 is a better one !

most of thjis I agree with accept the fact that the ui never crashes.. there is springboard crashes.. even when your not jailbroken it can happen.. it has happened 2 times to my iPhone 5 it could be an app causing it I am not sure but to say the UI never crashes isnt true

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I just came from the Galaxy S II before switching to the iPhone 5.

Overall, I'm much more satisfied with my iPhone 5 than Galaxy S II. I've used the S III before and it's really close against the iPhone 5, but the S III is quite a bit better than the S II. The worst thing about the Galaxy S II was the battery life. It would be rare that I'd be able to make it through a full day, especially on LTE. The battery would die quick, even after I purchased an extended battery pack. The iPhone 5 has a much better battery and lasts longer.

When I switched to an iPhone 5 the first thing I noticed was the processor. It's a lot better than the S II. Websites load faster, it's quicker to navigate, takes pictures faster, a lot smoother and runs games/apps with no lag at all. An example of this is how the game Temple Run wouldn't run well on my Galaxy S II. It didn't run bad, but not well. It ran at about the same lag as my iPod Touch fourth generation. There was a bit of lag that could mess you up and it wasn't as smooth as expected. When switching screens, you might think it does it fast and smooth - but it doesn't. I thought it was fairly fast and smooth but my friend, who had an iPhone 4S, pointed out how slow it was and when I used his iPhone it was a lot faster. They're fixing this with Project Butter in Jelly Bean but that won't be available for the S II for a while.

Another thing was listening to music on the Android operating system drains the battery fast. A lot faster than it should.

All in all, if you have a decent upgrade price, go for it. You won't regret it. It's a lot smoother, feels a lot better in the hands, better processor. You'll love the iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods