Is this happening to everyone?

skudera

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the 5 32GB and I'm becoming extremely frustrated with the phone.
The phone is SO laggy! I close all my apps, I'm connected to wifi, nothing crazy going on. It'll constantly freeze and just really annoy me.
Not every time, but quite often, I'll receive text messages, but get no notification of it AND my phone doesn't vibrate or ring. I'll unlock my phone to see a ton of unread text messages that I had no idea about. My phone drops signal occasionally as well. I got it on release day, on AT&T. What is the return policy on it? Not only does AT&T suck, but the phone appears to be faulty. Maybe an AT&T issue? Would moving to Verizon help? I just don't understand.

I tried searching the forum for this and only saw complaints about dropped coverage. Sorry if this is a repost or has already been asked, just haven't been able to find a thread.

Thanks, Jon

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have none of these issues and I'm on Att. Have you tried restoring and setting up as new? If you bought before 10/7, Att's return period is 30 days. After that it's 14 days.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing none of the issues you've described (except some wonkiness when connected to a 5Ghz band on my router, but it was remedied completely by switching it back to the 2.4Ghz channel).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T iPhone 5, as well, is not showing any of these issues... can't suggest anything beyond what's already been suggested... Good luck.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Not to be insulting, but is it on DND mode? That would explain the missed texts, calls, etc. when locked, but not the dropped signals.

skudera

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Not to be insulting, but is it on DND mode? That would explain the missed texts, calls, etc. when locked, but not the dropped signals.

Not on DND mode. Everything just seems to be very delayed all the time. I'm going to backup and restore, see if that helps.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Not on DND mode. Everything just seems to be very delayed all the time. I'm going to backup and restore, see if that helps.

It should work, you are not the only one with issues from a bad restore.

If it works as its supposed to, you can even completely forget about closing apps, and realize three days later there's like 20 of them opened in Multitask bar, without experiencing the slightest drop in process speeds.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Another thing u might check is do you have notifications on the lock screen?That has to be on or u won't get them until u unlock ur screen. You set it per app.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Another thing u might check is do you have notifications on the lock screen?That has to be on or u won't get them until u unlock ur screen. You set it per app.

Yep, but he should get the alarms/vibration anyway, "View in Lockscreen" or not. I don't think that's the problem.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Yep, but he should get the alarms/vibration anyway, "View in Lockscreen" or not. I don't think that's the problem.

No you wouldn't. I have my emails turned off in lock screen so they don't wake me it the middle of the night and there are no notifications unless I unlock my screen. Isn't is worth trying to see if that is the case?

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
If you're on iOS 6, use the Do Not Disturb function rather than turning off notifications. DND prevents both sound and the screen lighting up.

The only problem with that is it only allows calls from favorites and doesn't allow texts from them and I get texts that I need to get during the night from my kids.

skudera

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Just restored my phone. Going to see how it works.
I did have notifications on, just a lot of times they never actually came through. Sometimes very seriously delayed. Example, if I was typing a text message, and I received a text while typing, I could see the Messages go to Messages (1) but the vibrate/ring would take sometimes 30 seconds to actually go off. Hoping the restore works.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
No you wouldn't. I have my emails turned off in lock screen so they don't wake me it the middle of the night and there are no notifications unless I unlock my screen. Isn't is worth trying to see if that is the case?

Yes you would, unless you turned off "Sounds" or use "No Alert" style.

VIEW (!!!!) in LockScreen only means the notification banner you chose will appear on the lockscreen. Some native apps like Messages will also offer a Preview option so you can see part of the message in lockscreen or banner.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the 5 32GB and I'm becoming extremely frustrated with the phone.
The phone is SO laggy! I close all my apps, I'm connected to wifi, nothing crazy going on. It'll constantly freeze and just really annoy me.
Not every time, but quite often, I'll receive text messages, but get no notification of it AND my phone doesn't vibrate or ring. I'll unlock my phone to see a ton of unread text messages that I had no idea about. My phone drops signal occasionally as well. I got it on release day, on AT&T. What is the return policy on it? Not only does AT&T suck, but the phone appears to be faulty. Maybe an AT&T issue? Would moving to Verizon help? I just don't understand.

I tried searching the forum for this and only saw complaints about dropped coverage. Sorry if this is a repost or has already been asked, just haven't been able to find a thread.

Thanks, Jon

Same lag on Verizon. I often have to disable LTE to get any action. 3G is always fine. It's LTE and wi-fi that lag and hang up. As in speed tests with results of zero. Literally. if it helps to know, switching over will likely make little difference.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
my AT&T iPhone 5 64GB is firing on all 8 Cylinders....Thought I had a WiFi issue...But it turns out my Wireless router might just be to old to handle al the Traffic...Linksys Dual Band going on 6 years... Ain't gonna blame Apple or AT&T cause my PS3's 1st gen and Slim are Dropping the Signal too... it's not always a new equipment issue ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner