IPHONE 5 Is'nt as good as the 4

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I actually like them because then you see the real answers when 1 person says it's bad and 20 others say it's fine. Hmmmmmmm which one would I believe? lol

I just care about more well thought out critique from people who aren't trying to troll. Like when they actually continue to participate in the discussion. I think that when sometimes they do, they're unfairly characterized as a troll.

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky and got a good device. I unplug at 6am and by 8pm I still have around 16% with heavy usage. (apps, texts, music, etc)

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
There has never been any new phone (Blackberry, Android, iPhone, Samsung.....) that wasn't accompanied by an "I'm getting terrible battery life" thread. 90% of them are user problems. Always happens.

coggster

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
In the last 4 months I've had an Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus and 4S and my 5 is by far the best battery life I've had an I've not had it for a week yet.
Like everyone else I'm surprised the OP thought his experience was "the norm"

Beamed from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There has never been any new phone (Blackberry, Android, iPhone, Samsung.....) that wasn't accompanied by an "I'm getting terrible battery life" thread. 90% of them are user problems. Always happens.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you are totally unable to provide a source for your statistics. I'm sure you're aware that 83.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot to support the claim being made.

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read the whole thread but I'm going to had my 10 cents to it. I came on here to post about my battery life and searched before posting, found this thread so i don't have to create a new one. I left home about 1:30 today. Had a little over 90% battery left. Drove around for about 45 minutes, hardly used it, went for a bike ride, listened to Pandora for about 70-80 minutes (if that), did some texting for about 10-15 minutes, very little web surfing. When I got back to the car about 5. I was down to 24%. I actually turned the phone off for about 30 minutes to conserve. Turned it on around 5:25, a few calls and read two texts. Went to use it at 6:40. 3% left. That sucked! What sucked even more, as far as I know, there aren't any car chargers out yet and I don't carry the cord with me (I will be now) so my phone was quickly dead. I used to do ALOT more with my iPhone 4, Pandora for hours with a navigation program running plus texts and internet ect... The battery would last a lot longer.

And I know, it's a different phone, difference processor, LTE, it's two updates and one app away from having breakfast ready for us in the morning. I understand that but damn... my battery goes down fast!

I kind of stopped reading in this thread when I got to a little bit of "hating" going on. I love my iPhones and Apple products. I don't care that there are any other brand of phones on the market. I camped at the mall for 12 hours to get this bad boy on release day. I just want the battery to last longer. It really was a short amount of time today. Before I wrote this I was thinking, maybe we expect to much from our phones? Maybe we want them to do everything, and make breakfast plus have a better that lasts all day, maybe two. I don't know. But based on my usage today, I can tell you that the battery went down fast. I was pretty much watching that percentage tick away.

I'm kind of on the edge of an LTE area (just outside of Providence, RI). I'm going to try turning LTE off but I just don't know that we should have to turn features off and disable things to get a normal day out of the battery.

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I read all replies from beginning to end and I don't own an iPhone 5 yet still using my 4s. Was jail broken now its running good old ios6. Not sure why I did that. Anyway I hope that when people see others post count they don't take that as being trolls. I love my iPhone and my son has an ip4 as well 3GS before that. So I understand and I get how frustrating it could be to see a post and attack it automatically cause someone said I don't like this or that. Is it really that hard to just ignore such posts? I don't think so. Anyway just wanted to let you all know that I've been a member here although my post count is not high I'm always reading and learning just so that someday I can assist with something I learned here. I apologize for my long post but I just couldn't stop typing once I started.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read the whole thread but I'm going to had my 10 cents to it. I came on here to post about my battery life and searched before posting, found this thread so i don't have to create a new one. I left home about 1:30 today. Had a little over 90% battery left. Drove around for about 45 minutes, hardly used it, went for a bike ride, listened to Pandora for about 70-80 minutes (if that), did some texting for about 10-15 minutes, very little web surfing. When I got back to the car about 5. I was down to 24%. I actually turned the phone off for about 30 minutes to conserve. Turned it on around 5:25, a few calls and read two texts. Went to use it at 6:40. 3% left. That sucked! What sucked even more, as far as I know, there aren't any car chargers out yet and I don't carry the cord with me (I will be now) so my phone was quickly dead. I used to do ALOT more with my iPhone 4, Pandora for hours with a navigation program running plus texts and internet ect... The battery would last a lot longer.

And I know, it's a different phone, difference processor, LTE, it's two updates and one app away from having breakfast ready for us in the morning. I understand that but damn... my battery goes down fast!

I kind of stopped reading in this thread when I got to a little bit of "hating" going on. I love my iPhones and Apple products. I don't care that there are any other brand of phones on the market. I camped at the mall for 12 hours to get this bad boy on release day. I just want the battery to last longer. It really was a short amount of time today. Before I wrote this I was thinking, maybe we expect to much from our phones? Maybe we want them to do everything, and make breakfast plus have a better that lasts all day, maybe two. I don't know. But based on my usage today, I can tell you that the battery went down fast. I was pretty much watching that percentage tick away.

I'm kind of on the edge of an LTE area (just outside of Providence, RI). I'm going to try turning LTE off but I just don't know that we should have to turn features off and disable things to get a normal day out of the battery.

Based on your post, you have every right to be displeased with the battery life of your iPhone 5. There was nothing in your post that should garner hate, in my opinion, but that is partly because you kept your battery issues your own and you did not make it out to be universal. Having said that, let's see if we can find a remedy. What steps have you taken to correct the problem other than turning the device off? Have you gone through all of your settings? I recommend you take a look at everything that is seeking location based access. Also, I know it can be an inconvenience but it might be beneficial to reset your device and restore as new.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I read all replies from beginning to end and I don't own an iPhone 5 yet still using my 4s. Was jail broken now its running good old ios6. Not sure why I did that. Anyway I hope that when people see others post count they don't take that as being trolls. I love my iPhone and my son has an ip4 as well 3GS before that. So I understand and I get how frustrating it could be to see a post and attack it automatically cause someone said I don't like this or that. Is it really that hard to just ignore such posts? I don't think so. Anyway just wanted to let you all know that I've been a member here although my post count is not high I'm always reading and learning just so that someday I can assist with something I learned here. I apologize for my long post but I just couldn't stop typing once I started.

Those of us who spend a lot of time in this forum do find it difficult to ignore certain posts periodically. We are human, after all. Anyway, many of us spend a great deal of our time trying to help users solve their i-device problems and it's frustrating to read posts by people who create post after post bashing the device and/or iOS and fail to provide any information that might be helpful in finding a solution. Don't get me wrong. I understand people get frustrated with their devices when it doesn't perform in the manner they thought, but to be fair, not everyone who owns an iPhone or any smartphone for that matter is intelligent enough to operate one, in my opinion. Anyway, thank you for your comment. I appreciate it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
OP you are right that the iPhone 5 isn't as good as the 4, it's 100X better!
happy-014.gif

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree that TheBigNewt can't confirm that 90% of the issues are user problems, but I think he's pretty much spot on when he says that every new phone is accompanied by a "my battery has issues" thread. Talk a walk over to Phandroid forums and see.

Here are a few threads from there plus a few from other forums just to illustrate my point. I could probably find one thread on poor battery life for every current phone on the market, but life is too short and i'm not going to do that.

Droid Razr
Droid RAZR XT910 battery drainage - Android Forums
Battery life? - Android Forums
Sudden battery issues - Android Forums

HTC One X
Battery life? - Android Forums
Battery Drain in the Morning? - Android Forums

Samsung Galaxy S3
The Truth About Your Battery - Android Forums
running hot, battery sucks etc..Factory Reset? - Android Forums

Nokia Lumia 900
Nokia battery life problems
For people experiencing sudden battery drain.

Blackberry
KB14320-How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone
9810 Battery Life. - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Galaxy Note
YABB Yet Another Battery Thread - xda-developers

Sony Xperia X10
Having bad Battery Life? Read this. - xda-developers

Getting bored finding these threads now. My point, not aimed at anyone in particular, is that every single phone manufacturer has an army of malcontent users who have issues with their batteries and whilst one person might get a great battery life on the SGS3 and horrible battery life on the iPhone for example, others (like me) will get horrible battery life on the S3 and great battery life on the iPhone 5. Even within the same brand and model, some phones are better than others and battery life can and does vary wildly; we've seen that here on iMore and you can see it in the threads linked above from other forums

It's also the same with any number of other brands and products in the wider world. It's why many countries have 'Lemon Laws'.

jennaBaby

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I totally disagree. Everything about the iPhone 5 is better than my iPhone 4. maybe minus the map. Battery life is good even if it's on LTE now. It's blazing fast, love that it's lighter and taller.

Daniel Gaming freak

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Perfect! Yes iphone 5 is better because of new applications and new size. Although for iPhone 4 users those who have upgraded their phones, should go for those App development companies those have good knowledge of application development along with the On board team of experienced app developers. iPhone 5 For Developers letting them well versed with the not only iOS 6 framework but also about the iOS 6 SDK, its features and the powerful tools, which in turn enables them to create innovative apps for iPhone 5 quickly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods