IPHONE 5 Is'nt as good as the 4

robertpavlovic

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
The big issue is that the battery life is no good, i cannot get 5 hours out of my iPhone 5, make it hard when you are on the road all day.

the other issue is that the reception is not as good as the 4s.

in short if you have the 4s do not upgrade

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The big issue is that the battery life is no good, i cannot get 5 hours out of my iPhone 5, make it hard when you are on the road all day.

Restore your iphone as new, if this doesn't help exchange it, I'm getting around 7 hours of heavy usage.... which is a lot better than the ip4

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

I could not disagree with the above more. Battery life is fine and so is reception. What may be your issue is that you are in a weak LTE area and your phone is working more to grab that signal. Try turning off LTE and see if anything changes for you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have to agree with Jeremy, especially since you stated that you are on the road all day and especially if you travel to various cities and/or states.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I disagree whole heartedly with this post.

My battery life has been perfect, especially considering the battery pig that is LTE...my reception is a WORLD better than any other iPhone i have ever used (i do not get dropped calls anymore ANYWHERE in the Atlanta area...this was not true with any of the other iPhones).

I'm on the road for about 85% of my working day...3 days a week for 14 hours, and 1 day a week for 6 hours. And while i do have the luxury of being able to charge my iPhone whenever i want really, I've let it sit running hot spot tethering and music through my radio without charging and the battery life has been superb (all things considered).

In short, if you want an iPhone 5, don't listen to this guy's opinion. And to the OP, you're pretty new to the site to be trying to force feed advice.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Like others have said:

1. Restore as new
2. Don't restore your backup
3. After the restore as new, use as is for a day or two
4. See if LTE is any better
5. Failing that turn LTE off

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
[rant]dear lord....ANOTHER negative thread on the i5 is this, that and the other thing ....jeez. if you dont like the iphone, get SOMETHING else [/rant]

sorry, i cant stand seeing many more of these threads anymore! :rolleyes:

ecr80

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I actually find it a huge improvement in battery. I did restore from my 4S backup but on the first charges battery didn't last long but i completely discharged the battery before a full charge, now as i use it find that the battery has improved from the first days.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is better & LTE signal has been outstanding.

Not really sure what you're talking about here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Over nine hours usage and 15 stand by show me a 4s that does that ... It's obvious either your phone has issues or your in weak coverage area with LTE

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Over nine hours usage and 15 stand by show me a 4s that does that ... It's obvious either your phone has issues or your in weak coverage area with LTE

I'm still on my 4S - the most i've gotten so far was 8h37m usage with 2days1hr standby with 7% left. I'm looking forward for when i (finally) do move onto the i5 that i'll get this plus with my battery life! :D

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Battery life and call quality is better for me than my 4s was. You must be in weak LTE areas as other people have suggested. Restore, set up as new, try again. That and try disabling LTE to see if it helps.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
First two day of usage convinced me I didn't need to bother... I don't even look at the battery anymore. Charge it every two-three days or so. I'm no power user, of course, but I do use it whenever I feel like it, which is quite often nevertheless.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods