Need a little direction

doitlarge

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Finally got ahold of a new iphone today and here's my inquiry.

1. I have my own account with one line
2. Got my new iphone 5 on parent's account because they had multiple upgrades
3. Apple guy hands me phone and extra/new sim card before I leave store (he says "you'll need this")
4. iphone is activated on parent's account on original sim that came in the phone
5. called verizon and got the old phone put back on parent's line that the iphone was activated on

So, to my knowledge my iphone is sitting not linked to an account right now except due to the 24 hour sim card status. Now Verizon guy told me a new sim card wouldn't do anything but from reading on here, if I change to the new sim, switch devices through my verizon account, then turn on and activate phone, I can make this work today instead of waiting the 24 hours?.?. All help is greatly appreciated!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The account is linked to the SIM card not the phone. The phone is set to only work with one network but that's as far as it goes on the hardware. So as long as your SIM is the same carrier as the phone is locked to ie. Verizon then you can pop the SIM in call up the carrier give them the details of your old account and tell them you just bought a new iPhone. It's the way it works over here so I don't see why it would be any different. I only ever buy factory unlocked phones so I go through the same process each time to activate the new phone with the carrier.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this is true. I actually ended up waiting the 24 hours because I honestly hate going to mobile phone retail stores for some reason. Anyways, if you change out the sim card, youll be able to play with your new toy sooner rather than later. Have fun :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods