iPhone 5 trade in

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have never heard of anyone being able to "trade in" an iPhone for another model, even with a receipt. Technically, if you're within your return period, you can return the phone you have and buy a new one... but that would be subject to the store's requirements which usually include the original packaging, original receipt and that the phone be in new, re-sellable condition... and usually a restocking fee of ~ 15% is also required ... YMMV.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have never heard of anyone being able to "trade in" an iPhone for another model, even with a receipt. Technically, if you're within your return period, you can return the phone you have and buy a new one... but that would be subject to the store's requirements which usually include the original packaging, original receipt and that the phone be in new, re-sellable condition... and usually a restocking fee of ~ 15% is also required ... YMMV.

You need a receipt - but within 30 days, you CAN do exactly this IF you buy from Apple. I did this with 4s - bought 16 then reconsidered, wanted 32. Walked in to Apple, told them I changed my mind. Handed them receipt and phone (reboxed) and they said "no problem". Paid the price difference and boom. Done. No restocking fee. I think pretty much every other vendor OTHER THAN Apple has some kind of restocking fee. One of many compelling reasons (see thread: "iPhone shattered") to buy directly from Apple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2