Wtfis this

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work. Only thing that worked was reset network settings. But im not doing to do that every 3-4 days.
:(sorry to hear it didnt work for you, at least it was worth a shot. I guess you'll still be stopping into Apple soon about it because i agree, you can't keep resetting your settings every 3-4 days-that will def become a PITA, to say the least!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Definitely the chandelier. I get that when I FaceTime on my Mac when the light is on in the room directly behind where I sit. You can't aim a camera at a light source.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
They arn't going to be able to do anything a light refraction symptom that all iPhone 5's (and possibly iPhone's period) have. You could swap it out 100 times and still experience the same.

:) Sean, i believe he's going because of the wifi issue he's still having. The http proxy set to auto didn't work for him. (see his above post^^^)

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Went to the store. They offered to swap out because of the wifi issue but he thought it was software related and couldn't promise it wouldn't happen again. So I decided not to swap it, someone else may need the phone more then me. Whats weird is that when I got home i reset network settings. The phone rebooted and automatically connected to my wifi network full signal. Maybe the phone is haunted, lol.

As for the lights, they also said it was reflection from chandelier and nothing can be done about it.

On a side note, I think I'm going to start using a different store. This one always seems to be the least useful and the staff is kind of brash.

mckinzie.rose

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Props to you on not swapping out in case someone else needed it more than you. Nice to see this during a time when people are trying to vandalize store phones to see if they scratch.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
lol...didn't realize he was responding off topic. :p
It turned out to be a "dual purpose" thread :p lol

Went to the store. They offered to swap out because of the wifi issue but he thought it was software related and couldn't promise it wouldn't happen again. So I decided not to swap it, someone else may need the phone more then me. Whats weird is that when I got home i reset network settings. The phone rebooted and automatically connected to my wifi network full signal. Maybe the phone is haunted, lol.

As for the lights, they also said it was reflection from chandelier and nothing can be done about it.

On a side note, I think I'm going to start using a different store. This one always seems to be the least useful and the staff is kind of brash.

Its nice to see your thoughtfulness for someone else needing that swap more that you, and if it is software related, hopefully for you guys Apple will have an update fix if need be, soon! Glad to hear that when you arrived back home you were able to re-connect without any issues right off the bat:) Maybe the gremlins decided to let you win the "wifi fight" :p LOL!

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It turned out to be a "dual purpose" thread :p lol

Its nice to see your thoughtfulness for someone else needing that swap more that you, and if it is software related, hopefully for you guys Apple will have an update fix if need be, soon! Glad to hear that when you arrived back home you were able to re-connect without any issues right off the bat:) Maybe the gremlins decided to let you win the "wifi fight" :p LOL!

Lol. I also called apple while I was at work. The lady on the phone tried telling me that my router was bad. I was like I don't think 4 routers would fail at once. Although its possible. Highly unlikely.

Isn't resetting network settings suppose to wipe all wifi data?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I also called apple while I was at work. The lady on the phone tried telling me that my router was bad. I was like I don't think 4 routers would fail at once. Although its possible. Highly unlikely.

Isn't resetting network settings suppose to wipe all wifi data?
Yeaaaaaah, no, 4 wifi's malfuction at once. Idts!

As for the wifi data, thats the "reset network settings" that will prompt you to need to input your wifi info again:)

EDIT: OoOops...lmao, i mis-read and though you put reset settings !! my bad. But yes reset network is supposed to prompt you to re-enter the info.....

why, it didn't? :confused:

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeaaaaaah, no, 4 wifi's malfuction at once. Idts!

As for the wifi data, thats the "reset network settings" that will prompt you to need to input your wifi info again:)

EDIT: OoOops...lmao, i mis-read and though you put reset settings !! my bad. But yes reset network is supposed to prompt you to re-enter the info.....

why, it didn't? :confused:

Yea the apple rep I spoke to last week was also baffled. But if I do it twice in a row it wipes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner