Sean, i believe he's going because of the wifi issue he's still having. The http proxy set to auto didn't work for him. (see his above post^^^)
    lol...didn't realize he was responding off topic.
    10-10-2012 01:08 PM
    does it do that when you go into different room?? like everybody said, i think it's from the chandeliers.
    10-10-2012 02:26 PM
    Went to the store. They offered to swap out because of the wifi issue but he thought it was software related and couldn't promise it wouldn't happen again. So I decided not to swap it, someone else may need the phone more then me. Whats weird is that when I got home i reset network settings. The phone rebooted and automatically connected to my wifi network full signal. Maybe the phone is haunted, lol.

As for the lights, they also said it was reflection from chandelier and nothing can be done about it.

On a side note, I think I'm going to start using a different store. This one always seems to be the least useful and the staff is kind of brash.
    mckinzie.rose likes this.
    10-11-2012 07:55 AM
    Props to you on not swapping out in case someone else needed it more than you. Nice to see this during a time when people are trying to vandalize store phones to see if they scratch.
    dmt316 likes this.
    10-11-2012 08:28 AM
    lol...didn't realize he was responding off topic.
    It turned out to be a "dual purpose" thread lol

Went to the store. They offered to swap out because of the wifi issue but he thought it was software related and couldn't promise it wouldn't happen again. So I decided not to swap it, someone else may need the phone more then me. Whats weird is that when I got home i reset network settings. The phone rebooted and automatically connected to my wifi network full signal. Maybe the phone is haunted, lol.

As for the lights, they also said it was reflection from chandelier and nothing can be done about it.

On a side note, I think I'm going to start using a different store. This one always seems to be the least useful and the staff is kind of brash.

Its nice to see your thoughtfulness for someone else needing that swap more that you, and if it is software related, hopefully for you guys Apple will have an update fix if need be, soon! Glad to hear that when you arrived back home you were able to re-connect without any issues right off the bat Maybe the gremlins decided to let you win the "wifi fight" LOL!
    10-11-2012 08:46 AM
    It turned out to be a "dual purpose" thread lol

Its nice to see your thoughtfulness for someone else needing that swap more that you, and if it is software related, hopefully for you guys Apple will have an update fix if need be, soon! Glad to hear that when you arrived back home you were able to re-connect without any issues right off the bat Maybe the gremlins decided to let you win the "wifi fight" LOL!
    Lol. I also called apple while I was at work. The lady on the phone tried telling me that my router was bad. I was like I don't think 4 routers would fail at once. Although its possible. Highly unlikely.

Isn't resetting network settings suppose to wipe all wifi data?
    10-11-2012 09:07 AM
    Lol. I also called apple while I was at work. The lady on the phone tried telling me that my router was bad. I was like I don't think 4 routers would fail at once. Although its possible. Highly unlikely.

Isn't resetting network settings suppose to wipe all wifi data?
    Yeaaaaaah, no, 4 wifi's malfuction at once. Idts!

As for the wifi data, thats the "reset network settings" that will prompt you to need to input your wifi info again

EDIT: OoOops...lmao, i mis-read and though you put reset settings !! my bad. But yes reset network is supposed to prompt you to re-enter the info.....

why, it didn't?
    10-11-2012 09:11 AM
    Yeaaaaaah, no, 4 wifi's malfuction at once. Idts!

As for the wifi data, thats the "reset network settings" that will prompt you to need to input your wifi info again

EDIT: OoOops...lmao, i mis-read and though you put reset settings !! my bad. But yes reset network is supposed to prompt you to re-enter the info.....

why, it didn't?
    Yea the apple rep I spoke to last week was also baffled. But if I do it twice in a row it wipes.
    10-11-2012 09:18 AM
    Yea the apple rep I spoke to last week was also baffled. But if I do it twice in a row it wipes.
    hmmmm. that is strange that it doesnt accept it the first time. So a 2nd time is needed. its the gremlins again LOL
    10-11-2012 09:19 AM
34 12