I heard many people talking about the iPhone 5 that it scratches very easily and the color black trim around the bezel wears off by time. I myself didn't find any problems with my iPhone, been using it for a week now and no scratches or color wear off at all!

If anyone had a problem tell us or post some pictures! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
    10-09-2012 04:54 PM
    There are several posts about this already...
    10-09-2012 05:20 PM
    There are several posts about this already...
    What he said and after 2 weeks my black 5 is flawless.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...
    10-09-2012 06:21 PM
    Some reported issues, some have no issues at all.

If your using the device then it will get marked up, scratch, what have you......

But if it had issues when unboxed, then it needs to be switched out... Again it's a phone, it adds character.
    10-09-2012 06:52 PM
    Naked since unboxed on launch day, still flawless
    10-09-2012 07:59 PM
    Mine had a spot with very light scuffing on the back. Panicked and immediately bought a cheap case from ebay while waiting for my Zoogue to ship
    10-09-2012 08:53 PM
    most complaints were from brand new phones with scratches, haven't heard anything after that... scratches are fine, makes your phone unique.. 👍
    10-09-2012 09:09 PM
    The black surely gets the paint scratched off. Go to the apple store and take a look. This is especially evident right at the dock connector, where obviously a lot of contact happens. I'm sure that happens on the white one also, but it is not painted.
    10-09-2012 10:29 PM
    The black surely gets the paint scratched off. Go to the apple store and take a look. This is especially evident right at the dock connector, where obviously a lot of contact happens. I'm sure that happens on the white one also, but it is not painted.
    Ofcourse the black model at the apple store looks like crap even the white. Those have been man handled and abused. I even try scratching them with my finger nail and that didn't work. My wife tried with her acrylics and that didn't work either. The phone doesn't scratch as easy as people are making them out to be. IMHO

10-09-2012 10:36 PM
    I think for most people scratches wont be an issue...

If you put your phone with your change or keys, or drop your phone all the time, then what do you expect?
    10-09-2012 10:39 PM
    Ofcourse the black model at the apple store looks like crap even the white. Those have been man handled and abused. I even try scratching them with my finger nail and that didn't work. My wife tried with her acrylics and that didn't work either. The phone doesn't scratch as easy as people are making them out to be. IMHO

Completely agree
    10-09-2012 11:55 PM
    My phone is fine so far. No wearing off of the black.
    10-10-2012 02:18 AM

Why would you try and scratch your phone ?
    I didn't say the white looks like crap, it obviously can get scratched also, but it is less noticeable since it is not painted.
    I'm not saying the black scratches easily, just saying that the paint can get scratched off, then it will look like crap. If you hit the bottom with the connector enough times I'm sure it will show on your phone eventually
    10-10-2012 08:48 AM
    Why would you try and scratch your phone ?
    I didn't say the white looks like crap, it obviously can get scratched also, but it is less noticeable since it is not painted.
    I'm not saying the black scratches easily, just saying that the paint can get scratched off, then it will look like crap. If you hit the bottom with the connector enough times I'm sure it will show on your phone eventually
    i tried scratching the phone thats on display at the apple store not mine...DUH! both my wife and I tried it on white and black and its not as easily as scratchable as people are making them out to be.
    10-10-2012 08:53 AM
    The worrying thing with my black iPhone 5 is that tiny random flakes are coming off the top edge (adjacent to screen) even though the phone hasn't left the house. When I wake up each morning.. "Ta-da!".. A couple more tiny light marks. 6 in total now. All on the same edge as if it's flaking away by itself.

Also have something trapped under camera lens & glue is visible on back top left edge.

Debating whether to call Apple..

10-10-2012 10:16 AM
    ^^^ I'd definitely call them and make them swap it out.
    10-10-2012 10:52 AM
    I got a couple of light marks along the edge. And a very feint hairline mark on the screen. You really have to look for it and it isn't noticeable with screen on. It was like this on day one. The important thing is that I haven't noticed any additional wear since then.

I plan to swap it out anyways but I'm in no rush. I think it'll hold up well enough in the one or two years I'll own it.
    10-10-2012 11:09 AM
    As another two marks have magically appeared today, I've just moaned loudly to Apple online & they've agreed to send me a brand new replacement.

If I have the same issues with that one, I'll reluctantly have to swap for the white model. My OCD will do my head in otherwise!
    10-10-2012 11:19 AM
    Running strong since 9:02AM on the 21st, not a scratch, dent or mark...still looks brand new!!
    10-10-2012 11:22 AM
    I have a long mark on the side of the bezel and it came preloaded since i open the box and i can live with it.i put a case and never look at it again and now im happy.i think the issue is the paint job which is not perfect.i dont think the bezel scratches easily at all but the aluminum back is!
    10-10-2012 11:41 AM
    Perfect out of box on 21st not one mark or issue at all ... Guess I'm lucky
    10-10-2012 12:55 PM
    Replacement iPhone 5 just arrived from Apple. So far, so good. No dings, chips or dead pixels. Hopefully this is a keeper as I don't really want a white one..

10-18-2012 12:24 PM
    lol

---------- Post Merged at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:26 PM ----------

lol
    10-18-2012 02:26 PM
    My first ip5 had a nasty bur on the bezel where it look like the tool used to that stalled, The apple store quickly swapped it out for me no questions asked. My second one has one tiny ding in it out the box. Im fine with that as long as it works.
    10-18-2012 05:21 PM