Last day to make a decision....

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 and the iPhone 5 and. I really love both.. But I can't decide which one to keep.... I like the open-ness of android and the ability to use widgets and customize but on the iPhone the hardware is great the App Store and apps are amazing compared to android and the simplicty and usability of ios is great but I can't decide if its worth a 300$ upgrade from the s3 it seems like the iPhone is just playing catchup on the internal hardware size and software ,what would you do?

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
That's basically where I'm at, I'm thinking of keeping the iPhone just because I know it won't get outdated and overlooked in the next month

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just went through the same dilemma
Tons of points for & against both Phones, os's, manufacturers
Then which carrier you have the phone with makes a difference
Thats the cellphone game
A month, 6months, or a year from now the dilemma starts all over again
SPOILER - I kept the iphone :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you can afford it, just keep both and swap sim cards whenever you wanna use one or the other.
Just get a sim card adapter for the GS3.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's just getting the hardware that android phones have had for months and android has moore features in the software

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

iPhone has a better camera, better processor and lighter chassis with a superior fit and finish...i think you have a strange understanding of what "catch up" means.

As far as the software, we could go back and forth about what software is missing from which phone, both offer features the other one doesn't.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
iPhone has a better camera, better processor and lighter chassis with a superior fit and finish...i think you have a strange understanding of what "catch up" means.

As far as the software, we could go back and forth about what software is missing from which phone, both offer features the other one doesn't.

I feel as if the processors perform equally in day to day use I don t like benchmarks
Camera. The iPhone Is better in lowlight but the galaxy has more options(burst shot) and faster shutter speed and I agree with the whole software argument

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I feel as if the processors perform equally in day to day use I don t like benchmarks
Camera. The iPhone Is better in lowlight but the galaxy has more options(burst shot) and faster shutter speed and I agree with the whole software argument

What you feel is irrelevant though when it comes to facts (just like what my personal opinions are). The facts are that the processor is better, and regardless of the features (which can all be added via apps mind you on the iPhone), the iPhone's camera is superior to the GSIII's, there are numerous comparisons out there now online, the only camera phone camera that is better than the iPhone 5's at this time is the Lumia 920, and it's not even available for purchase yet.

You said the iPhone was playing catch up...but it exceeds the GSIII in hardware comparisons, and like we both agree, software is too subjective to name one better than the other.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Since the phones are so close I looked at the companies.
With my iphone 4 I had two problems, I took it to my local apple store and they took care of the situation with no problem. Gave me a new phone both times. I did not have apple care. When I had my bb I went to the verizon store to solve a problem and they would not help me at all. They Told me to update my software, I was told this six different times, over a months time spand(it was up to date). Long story short verizon never helped me solve my problem and I had to go back down to my envy for five months.

The small difference between the two phones is not important when I looke at the customer service aspect. It is hard to leave apple when they have treated me so well, with all my products. Just my two cents.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Since the phones are so close I looked at the companies.
With my iphone 4 I had two problems, I took it to my local apple store and they took care of the situation with no problem. Gave me a new phone both times. I did not have apple care. When I had my bb I went to the verizon store to solve a problem and they would not help me at all. They Told me to update my software, I was told this six different times, over a months time spand(it was up to date). Long story short verizon never helped me solve my problem and I had to go back down to my envy for five months.

The small difference between the two phones is not important when I looke at the customer service aspect. It is hard to leave apple when they have treated me so well, with all my products. Just my two cents.

That's exactly how I think of it. I know apple will stand behind the iPhone and keep giving me updates for the whole 2 years of my contract (not that I'll keep it more then a year) and if I have a problem I take it right to apple and they will solve it. I don't have to deal with VZW. if I stay with an android phone it most likely won't get many updates if any, and they have no resale value. I just sold a more then 2 year old iPhone 4 for $200. 2 year old androids are going for less then a $100. the massive screen and widgets and stuff like that are nice on the android, but to me iPhone is where it's at.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I also have had eyes for the S3 as well. I STILL have not completely decided what i'm doing either. I dont have the option to open another line and get the S3 while i still have my 4S to see if i really would like the change, so my only option would be to use the upgrade i have, get the S3 and use the 14days Verizon gives. At that point if i didn't like it i'd have to go thru wiping the device of all data, boxing it back up, get my refund, reset my upgrade...blah blah blah blah. you get the idea, and i'm really not willing to go through all that, nor do i have the time to. So i've been taking some time daily to research on the S3.

Theres the good, bad and unbelievable with some of the things i have read about it. Which then brings me to Apple. I've majority of the time read good things, like above what PlainEnvelopes experience was on 2 occassions, and just others that i've read about who have posted here on their positive experiences at Apple stores. This is what is keeping me with my 4S as well, beside the fact that i really do enjoy the way it functions, and at some point in time i do plan on getting the i5. Do both devices have their little glitches etc...yes. All devices do, none are perfect.

Basically, where i'm at right now, at the end of the day i'm thankful to have my 4S which is a solid device and works the way i want:)

Write yourself a pros/cons list for both devices and go by what YOU feel you want/need out of your device;) and hopefully you won't get into an argument with yourself:p lol

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line is this you have choose what is going to work best for you as a whole. Do you want something that is going to work for you.And dont forget the something to look at is whats going to come down the pipeline next in the galaxy series. ? How much value will it hold on resale levels also if needed. And how soon does it reach End of Life?

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 4 was my first iPhone and I loved it. My wife has the 4s and loves it. We have an iPad 2 and iPods. I was up for an upgrade and the gs3 swayed my interest enough to try it for a couple days. As nice as it is.... I came back to iPhone (5) and haven't looked back!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The GS3 is a nice device, but don't expect to get anything more than JellyBean on it as far as OS updates go. Software updates is one area that Android devices will always be lacking in....

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The GS3 is a nice device, but don't expect to get anything more than JellyBean on it as far as OS updates go. Software updates is one area that Android devices will always be lacking in....

I have seen this being commented about with some of the other android devices, which is another thing that concerns me with the S3. What IF the software has a glitch, needing a fix, and an update never gets pushed....then what - you're stuck with a device thats finicky at that point then!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR