My wife's iPhone 5 isnt looking as good anymore after she dropped it yesterday. Stay tuned ....

iPhone 5 shattered-untitled.png
    10-09-2012 10:39 AM
    Insurance?
    10-09-2012 10:49 AM
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that... hopefully it was insured...
    Behshad likes this.
    10-09-2012 11:00 AM
    No insurance. And its not Apple's fault. It's really my fault for not getting her a case ! lol

She talked to Apple.The super nice lady that was helping my wife informed her about a $239 repair charge plus tax etc etc, before she trasnfered my wife to a senior supervior to see if they can give her a little bit of discount on the repair costs since we just got the phone.
    The super nice senior advisor waived the entire amount and told her they will make an exception and send her a new replacement phone, we just need to send the broken one back of course.

This is why we buy Apple products! This is why even our home phone is an iPhone. People may about Apple left and right, but when it comes down to it, nobody offers the same customer service that Apple does.

Thank you Apple for not only making great products but also standing behind your product, even when it's consumer's fault .
    10-09-2012 11:01 AM
    I hope that the instant she gets her phone back, she promptly goes out and buys a case or a roll of bubble paper to wrap it in.
    10-09-2012 11:04 AM
    I hope that the instant she gets her phone back, she promptly goes out and buys a case or a roll of bubble paper to wrap it in.
    lol Case is already ordered. We have had iphones since the first one and while I have had cases on half the time, she has always had cases on hers, except this time of course. And this is THE ONLY TIME she has dropped her phone ! I'm still grateful to Apple and their customer service! Top Notch! They did something similar for us last year when kids knocked iPad 2 over (that one did have a case but the case fliped open before iPad landed on the tile floor. They replaced that one, no cost!
    10-09-2012 11:11 AM
    That service is one of the main reasons Apple products remain at the top of my list when i look to purchase consumer electronics...knowing that the chances of me going into an Apple store with any kind of issue, from a software glitch to just downright negligence on my part will be met by a helpful (and at times simply amazing) genius bar employee.
    Behshad likes this.
    10-09-2012 11:19 AM
    No insurance. And its not Apple's fault. It's really my fault for not getting her a case ! lol

She talked to Apple.The super nice lady that was helping my wife informed her about a $239 repair charge plus tax etc etc, before she trasnfered my wife to a senior supervior to see if they can give her a little bit of discount on the repair costs since we just got the phone.
    The super nice senior advisor waived the entire amount and told her they will make an exception and send her a new replacement phone, we just need to send the broken one back of course.

This is why we buy Apple products! This is why even our home phone is an iPhone. People may about Apple left and right, but when it comes down to it, nobody offers the same customer service that Apple does.

Thank you Apple for not only making great products but also standing behind your product, even when it's consumer's fault .
    wow, that awesome! how high was it dropped from?
    Behshad likes this.
    10-09-2012 11:22 AM
    That service is one of the main reasons Apple products remain at the top of my list when i look to purchase consumer electronics...knowing that the chances of me going into an Apple store with any kind of issue, from a software glitch to just downright negligence on my part will be met by a helpful (and at times simply amazing) genius bar employee.
    True, No company gets even close to Apple's customer service..
    Behshad likes this.
    10-09-2012 11:24 AM
    I may have to put my Otterbox Defender back on.
    10-09-2012 11:28 AM
    wow, that awesome! how high was it dropped from?
    She was getting it off her coat pocket so I'd say around 4' , but it landed on the matt we have in our entrance and then bounced and on the tile floor that wasnt covered by the matt. I wonder if an invisishield wouldve made a difference.
    10-09-2012 11:30 AM

I love a happy ending... but yeah, get her a case.
    Behshad likes this.
    10-09-2012 11:30 AM

That's what I tell people all of the time.... The service you get from Apple is 2nd to none. I had 5 iPhone replacements for ....Home Button 2x... Software.....Shattered screen that cost 150$ to replace phone...and Silent/Ringer. Apple had no problem with any of these issues. I've had 3 iPhones so far.... I keep coming back because of the commitment to stand by the Product. I save time and money in the long run with Apple. No need to be out in the rain with no phone because it had to be shipped back to them....Apple will swap it out at store.... Stress free warranty. No one out there can do it.... I beg the HTC/Samsung guys to say they get that kind of service.But People seem to forget that and complain up and down about a new cable....Bottom line is customers win in the end with the Service.
    10-09-2012 11:42 AM
    get insurance now!
    10-09-2012 11:57 AM
    Apple Care? You should have time to get it still...
    10-09-2012 12:03 PM
    lol Case is already ordered. We have had iphones since the first one and while I have had cases on half the time, she has always had cases on hers, except this time of course. And this is THE ONLY TIME she has dropped her phone ! I'm still grateful to Apple and their customer service! Top Notch! They did something similar for us last year when kids knocked iPad 2 over (that one did have a case but the case fliped open before iPad landed on the tile floor. They replaced that one, no cost!
    The Apple Gods are with you my friend. My iPad 2 flew out of my guitar case side pouch after having it 2 weeks and dented the side and screwed up the volume rocker. Apple wanted $350.00 for a new one. 64gig no discussion. lol
    10-09-2012 12:19 PM
    This is interesting. I've seen the iPhone dropped constantly from 6ft and it didn't break until the 6/7th drop. If I were her I'd be pissed... Just don't let her see this post.

Btw, if you guys don't like AppleCare, get Square Trade! That's what I have and it's definitely worth it.
    10-09-2012 01:01 PM
    Ouch! On the phone and the pocket book again. Second thoughts on insurance?
    10-09-2012 10:08 PM
    Good discussion. I wonder if they'll ever be able to make a glass that doesn't crack as easily.

One site that is already selling the actual iPhone 5 screen replacements - as the all-in-one piece - is called RepairsUniverse.com. They also have a full take apart video of the iPhone 5 and a repair guide comes with replacement part orders - plus, the iPhone 5 LCD/glass digitizer part is guaranteed. iPhone 5 Screen Replacement Parts
    Last edited by pedaoust; 10-10-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    10-10-2012 12:16 AM
    This is interesting. I've seen the iPhone dropped constantly from 6ft and it didn't break until the 6/7th drop. If I were her I'd be pissed... Just don't let her see this post.

Btw, if you guys don't like AppleCare, get Square Trade! That's what I have and it's definitely worth it.
    I second that Squaretrade Option. AppleCare+ wasn't available on my iPhone 4 so I went with Squaretrade. I had 1 Accident with my iPhone and they had great customer service. Both options are good
    10-10-2012 02:13 AM
    Apple has always done good with me.

My buddy gave me his 3GS with a broken screen. I took it to Apple and they said $150 to replace the screen. I said OK, thats cheaper than buying a new one. They screwed up when replacing the screen and said they would probably have to replace the whole phone. I said how much is that? And they said that I would have to pay $50 TOTAL for a replacement because they messed it up. So I paid $100 less than planned and got a replacement phone.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-10-2012 02:45 AM
    That's why I need an Apple Store near me...........so I can just walk in to buy or with an issue.
    10-10-2012 05:19 AM
    long time back when I got my 3G - I remember walking outside through people traffic and dropping the phone, not only the manager replaced the same for me but didn't even charge me. This was in less than 5 minutes of walking out of the store. Love the customer service. Nothing beats it...
    10-10-2012 10:50 AM
    That photo breaks my heart. poor thing didn't have a chance. I have mine nice and snug in an Otterbox Defender.
    10-10-2012 05:36 PM
    Its too bad you need to cover up such a beautiful phone with a high tech aluminum finish with a fat plastic case to protect it.
    GulfCoastToad likes this.
    10-10-2012 05:47 PM
43 12