iPhone 5 shattered

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
No insurance. And its not Apple's fault. It's really my fault for not getting her a case ! lol

She talked to Apple.The super nice lady that was helping my wife informed her about a $239 repair charge plus tax etc etc, before she trasnfered my wife to a senior supervior to see if they can give her a little bit of discount on the repair costs since we just got the phone.
The super nice senior advisor waived the entire amount and told her they will make an exception and send her a new replacement phone, we just need to send the broken one back of course. :)

This is why we buy Apple products! This is why even our home phone is an iPhone. People may about Apple left and right, but when it comes down to it, nobody offers the same customer service that Apple does.

Thank you Apple for not only making great products but also standing behind your product, even when it's consumer's fault .

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I hope that the instant she gets her phone back, she promptly goes out and buys a case or a roll of bubble paper to wrap it in. :)

lol Case is already ordered. We have had iphones since the first one and while I have had cases on half the time, she has always had cases on hers, except this time of course. And this is THE ONLY TIME she has dropped her phone ! I'm still grateful to Apple and their customer service! Top Notch! They did something similar for us last year when kids knocked iPad 2 over (that one did have a case but the case fliped open before iPad landed on the tile floor. They replaced that one, no cost! :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That service is one of the main reasons Apple products remain at the top of my list when i look to purchase consumer electronics...knowing that the chances of me going into an Apple store with any kind of issue, from a software glitch to just downright negligence on my part will be met by a helpful (and at times simply amazing) genius bar employee.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No insurance. And its not Apple's fault. It's really my fault for not getting her a case ! lol

She talked to Apple.The super nice lady that was helping my wife informed her about a $239 repair charge plus tax etc etc, before she trasnfered my wife to a senior supervior to see if they can give her a little bit of discount on the repair costs since we just got the phone.
The super nice senior advisor waived the entire amount and told her they will make an exception and send her a new replacement phone, we just need to send the broken one back of course. :)

This is why we buy Apple products! This is why even our home phone is an iPhone. People may about Apple left and right, but when it comes down to it, nobody offers the same customer service that Apple does.

Thank you Apple for not only making great products but also standing behind your product, even when it's consumer's fault .

wow, that awesome! how high was it dropped from?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
That service is one of the main reasons Apple products remain at the top of my list when i look to purchase consumer electronics...knowing that the chances of me going into an Apple store with any kind of issue, from a software glitch to just downright negligence on my part will be met by a helpful (and at times simply amazing) genius bar employee.

True, No company gets even close to Apple's customer service..

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
wow, that awesome! how high was it dropped from?

She was getting it off her coat pocket so I'd say around 4' , but it landed on the matt we have in our entrance and then bounced and on the tile floor that wasnt covered by the matt. I wonder if an invisishield wouldve made a difference.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I love a happy ending... but yeah, get her a case. :)

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

That's what I tell people all of the time.... The service you get from Apple is 2nd to none. I had 5 iPhone replacements for ....Home Button 2x... Software.....Shattered screen that cost 150$ to replace phone...and Silent/Ringer. Apple had no problem with any of these issues. I've had 3 iPhones so far.... I keep coming back because of the commitment to stand by the Product. I save time and money in the long run with Apple. No need to be out in the rain with no phone because it had to be shipped back to them....Apple will swap it out at store.... Stress free warranty. No one out there can do it.... I beg the HTC/Samsung guys to say they get that kind of service.But People seem to forget that and complain up and down about a new cable....Bottom line is customers win in the end with the Service.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
lol Case is already ordered. We have had iphones since the first one and while I have had cases on half the time, she has always had cases on hers, except this time of course. And this is THE ONLY TIME she has dropped her phone ! I'm still grateful to Apple and their customer service! Top Notch! They did something similar for us last year when kids knocked iPad 2 over (that one did have a case but the case fliped open before iPad landed on the tile floor. They replaced that one, no cost! :)

The Apple Gods are with you my friend. My iPad 2 flew out of my guitar case side pouch after having it 2 weeks and dented the side and screwed up the volume rocker. Apple wanted $350.00 for a new one. 64gig no discussion. lol

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is interesting. I've seen the iPhone dropped constantly from 6ft and it didn't break until the 6/7th drop. If I were her I'd be pissed... Just don't let her see this post.

Btw, if you guys don't like AppleCare, get Square Trade! That's what I have and it's definitely worth it.

phil-droid

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Good discussion. I wonder if they'll ever be able to make a glass that doesn't crack as easily.

One site that is already selling the actual iPhone 5 screen replacements - as the all-in-one piece - is called RepairsUniverse.com. They also have a full take apart video of the iPhone 5 and a repair guide comes with replacement part orders - plus, the iPhone 5 LCD/glass digitizer part is guaranteed. iPhone 5 Screen Replacement Parts

Last edited:

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting. I've seen the iPhone dropped constantly from 6ft and it didn't break until the 6/7th drop. If I were her I'd be pissed... Just don't let her see this post.

Btw, if you guys don't like AppleCare, get Square Trade! That's what I have and it's definitely worth it.

I second that Squaretrade Option. AppleCare+ wasn't available on my iPhone 4 so I went with Squaretrade. I had 1 Accident with my iPhone and they had great customer service. Both options are good