So is complaining always met with closed minds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Irving

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
HI All,

I've been a iPhone user since the 3g & had every upgrade to my current handset, iPhone 4s. Am I the only iPhone user that is currently seeing through the fog to the other side ??

It seems that is anyone dare criticise the brand off Apple or its products gets lamented on here, called a troll or banned?

So let's look at facts:-

The iPhone 5 has camera issues ( Purple Haze ), Apples solution = Your using the camera wrong !! I mean, seriously ? I remember when I got my iPhone4 & the signal was dropping, Apple solution = Your holding it wrong. Ok so I stuck with them and got the iPhone4s, dumb I know but the phones good.

Now my friend is telling me his iPhone5 also drops & deletes his WiFi connections, the new back cover scratches & dents with ease, the battery is terrible, its freezes & half his app's kick him out during use & lets not forget the new Apple Maps the spell my home town wrong & have a Pizza Shop in the middle off our river & the nearest town is 45 miles away ( in fact its 7 miles away, trust me Apple)

Now I fully expect I'll be "Run outta town" for saying this but I am now off the opinion that Apple consider us all stupid, that we will buy there products regardless off the inferior quality & useabilty and when they say "Actually, it's your fault for using it wrong" we will all agree & shout D'oh.

I think the iPhone5 is an insult too far for me, I'm not gonna stomp & say, I'm off to Android or make a case for another platform or Company, I'll quietly depart, with I suspect the many other old gaurd users, and seek pastures new.

I've seen the light, the fog has cleared & Apple no longer innovates, it simply over charges & under delivers

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok. You want me to focus on the rest? My iPhone 5 is flawless. Came flawless. Doesn't scratch easy or debt easily. Apps don't crash. Wifi doesn't fail. No purple haze. No issues what so ever. Defects happen. And with a phone as popular as the iPhone thier going to be blown up. You came to an apple fan site complaining about the phone then you what, want people to support your statements? No one here cares. We're fans of the iPhone and apple itself. A lot of us understand that craps going to happen when you produce so much of a product in a short time. If the phones not for you then go get a different phone and quit crying.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can say whatever you like. The thing is, however, it appears that the people who bash Apple products usually claim they are long time Apple users, have 1 or 2 posts in this forum and attempts to quiet anyone from calling them a troll even though they present themselves as one. ;)

Just Me, D

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
...sometimes people are a joke. i was a long time blackberry addict. i would swear by the blackberry brand. i used to hate and bash the iphone. last year at launch i ditched the last bb i ever owned which was a bold 9930. i picked up the 4S and everything changed. at launch this year i got the 5 and hands down this has to be the best phone i have ever owned. my 32 gb black slate is flawless. if your i5 is giving you issue go to apple and get a replacement. dont just come here bashing away without first finding a solution to your problem with ur 5. theres no such thing as a perfect phone. but with the iphone it just works. i go to androidcentral and read their forums. people there complain if not more complaints about their android devices. so in the end nothing is perfect. need i say more? no ive made my point.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I rest my case

2d91qg2.gif

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
HI All,

I've been a iPhone user since the 3g & had every upgrade to my current handset, iPhone 4s. Am I the only iPhone user that is currently seeing through the fog to the other side ??

If it's any help, I saw through the fog of Android to the other side and i'm pleased as punch with my new flawless 32gig iPhone 5.

It seems that is anyone dare criticise the brand off Apple or its products gets lamented on here, called a troll or banned?

Well, you DO know this is an iPhone forum, don't you? Usually a forum for a specific product or brand will attract those that favour this brand. It's not rocket science.

The iPhone 5 has camera issues ( Purple Haze ), Apples solution = Your using the camera wrong !! I mean, seriously ? I remember when I got my iPhone4 & the signal was dropping, Apple solution = Your holding it wrong. Ok so I stuck with them and got the iPhone4s, dumb I know but the phones good.

So a few phones out of the millions have an issue and you claim EVERY phone has the issue. That's logic, right there. Good work!

Now my friend is telling me his iPhone5 also drops & deletes his WiFi connections, the new back cover scratches & dents with ease, the battery is terrible, its freezes & half his app's kick him out during use & lets not forget the new Apple Maps the spell my home town wrong & have a Pizza Shop in the middle off our river & the nearest town is 45 miles away ( in fact its 7 miles away, trust me Apple)

While i'll give you the Apple Maps fiasco, it rather sounds like your friend needs to take his phone back to Apple and get them to look at it. AS in life, some items will be made last thing on a Friday, if you get my drift, and those items might not work well. I think the USA has lemon laws just for this purpose although not being American, i shall defer on that.

Now I fully expect I'll be "Run outta town" for saying this but I am now off the opinion that Apple consider us all stupid, that we will buy there products regardless off the inferior quality & useabilty and when they say "Actually, it's your fault for using it wrong" we will all agree & shout D'oh.

I think the iPhone5 is an insult too far for me, I'm not gonna stomp & say, I'm off to Android or make a case for another platform or Company, I'll quietly depart, with I suspect the many other old gaurd users, and seek pastures new.

I've seen the light, the fog has cleared & Apple no longer innovates, it simply over charges & under delivers

Well, as said above, if you were quietly departing, you would not have posted up this thread. No, you want one last hurrah before you go and to rile the forumites and affect an air of fake superiority when they respond to you (which, unless you are a complete idiot, you fully expected them to do).

At the end of the day, I would hope you would go to a phone and operating system that you were happy with. If that isn't Apple then fair enough and I will not disparage you in any way for that as we are all different and like different things.

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think people have closed minds, but you are not being fair. The "purple haze" problem is not even a problem. It just lense flare. Why would you even want to take a picture when you are getting lense flare? As for the rest, you must have one messed up 5. The ones I have used work flawlessly. Perhaps a small amount of people got lemon units. Those people should take their phones back to Apple for replacement or repair. These type of problems happen with any new phone...even Android. Also, remember that Apple actively works to protect chinese workers from unfair practices (even though that work is probably a futile effort). Samsung doesn't care about Chinese workers and only tries to comply with Chinese law instead of making things better.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
HI All,

Every bit of what you say here is rather legit. All of those issues have been talked about and mentioned by many users, blog sites, etc. And while they are evident in many phones, it must be noted that not all are present in every phone. There are going to be users who experience some, all, or none of these flaws. Therefore, not everyone is going feel as strongly about them. I dont disagree that members of a forum in which they are passionate about the device in question tend to be a bit biased and quick to defend. But just remember this as you seek out the greener pastures....

In the last 12 months I have owned the HTC Rezound, Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx, and Galaxy S3. Why? Because I have numerous lines to toy with regarding upgrades and I truly wanted to test the waters outside of my Iphone world I wrapped myself securely within. I'm not even going to attempt to say which phone trumps the rest based on my own opinions, but I will say that if you believe apple is the only company putting out flawed phones, you are in for a major letdown. Just head over to the other forums and read about the Nexus and its data-drops, gray bars of death, awful LTE switchover times, pitiful camera on a flagship phone, weak signal radios, artifacting while watching videos, etc etc. Read about the S3 and how it also is plagued with weak radios, apps force closing, dead pixels, face unlock failing to work, palm swipe screen shots not working, major apps not yet optimized for it still 3 months after release, etc. You want to talk about being insulted by a phone manufacturer?! How about he Motorola owners who bought a RAZR, only to see the RAZR Maxx come out several months later, only to see the RAZR Maxxx HD announced within 12 months after the initial? If I bought a RAZR and saw the Maxx come out a few months later I would be PISSED! Or the folks with a Rezound being promised ICS in January of 2012 and waiting until what, July?

You don't read about these things because these companies are not under the microscope. You need to own the devices or live in the forums to realize it. I hope you find the phone that is perfect for you, but realize before spending too much time and money, that you may never find one.

Gary Irving

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok....

Metrion, I think perhaps your issues with this forum go a lot deeper & further back than my post so I'll say thanks for your views and leave it at that.

Finn5975, your post was really balanced & did make total sense, thanks very much for your input & I pretty much agreed with 100%

To the rest who just posted what we call "Pish" in Scotland, guys, your loyalty to Apple should be commended, I'm even believing some off you work for Apple as I've never seen passion & loyalty to something YOU pay for outside off a Sports team, its quite un-nerving.

highrisedrifter, you replies were good APART from the fact my compaint on section 3 was the RESPONSE from Apple, not the reported problem, again, It's the FACTUAL repsonse from your overlords blaming the USER not the product for the fault, but thnaks for the rest oiff your response, I'm sure you were aiming for humour, it came kinda close to a chuckle but I'm sure with practise you can raise the bar on your responses

Thanks Guys

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You have vented your frustration at Apple and this forum and can now go enjoy your Android phone.

No one here really cares.

I hope that doesn't hurt your feeling or anything.

There are millions of happy iPhone users and millions of happy Android users.

Enjoy your phone of choice. I know I enjoy mine.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i don't get it. are we not supposed to enjoy the things we buy?

i do not want to live in a world where i have to always find "something wrong" in everything. apparently you do

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The fact of the matter is that the iPhone (as with all phones, tablets, computers and tech in general) are manufactured products. Stuff happens, and quality issues do arise at times, and issues do fall through the cracks sometimes.

That being said, my iPhone 5 is flawless in appearance and function. I don't have any of the issues that you mention (scratches, dents, wifi issues, camera flare, etc)... but I acknowledge that for some, they are real issues. I am doubtful that you name one company who has never had a flawed product. It happens. My battery life is good, but could be better... but IMO, it's not a reason to bad mouth the whole company and to demand that Apple fix it immediately. These types of issues (except scratches/dents) can easily be resolved with software updates.

The issue with people being labeled "trolls" or those that ultimately get banned are those who don't know when to stop. There are many people on these forums who have issues and who report those issues, with the hope and intention of finding solutions. But it's those "one trick ponies" who jump on the device with both feet. They typically read all the bad reports in the press and somehow manage to own a device that manifests every single flaw known to mankind. They continue to harp on the problems, real or imagined, whining and bashing everything Apple and just don't know when to quit. I'd suggest that you visit a BlackBerry forum, an Android forum or a Windows Phone forum and not find those who act about those brands the same way you are accusing the Apple fans of acting.

I do not hide the fact that I am an Apple fan. I have many of their products and, frankly, they simply work for me. Are they all 100% perfect? Not by a long shot. But they work. They help me get stuff done, and like most people who have bought into an ecosystem, we vote with our wallets, and make decisions on what to purchase based on our own personal experiences.

If the iPhone is not working for you, by all means, move on to something that does work for you. If you genuinely have questions and issues and concerns, stick around and let us try to help you solve those issues. If you simply want to throw mud and complain, please move along to a forum more suitable to your interests.

I am opinionated, but I honestly don't think that I have a closed mind.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Some people have valid complaints...others are just being whiney little piss ants. The latter of the two seems to be the more common type on the forums lately, but it's ok, we know that the dust settles after about a month or so, and then the conversations become more fruitful, informative, and those with valid complaints get more positive feedback and assistance (or support).

Don't let the door hit ya.

I'm personally just happy i don't have one of these terrible versions of the iPhone you guys keep some how finding...lmao. Mine works perfectly!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
HI All,

I don't understand your fog statement. Please explain.

That is a lie! If you want to criticize Apple, go ahead, but don't be shocked or surprised to see people standing up for Apple. To be clear, the same thing applies to Android, Blackberry & Windows Mobile.

The iPhone 5 has camera issues ( Purple Haze ), Apples solution = Your using the camera wrong !! I mean, seriously ?
Fact: Not all users of the iPhone 5 have complained of camera issues including the purple haze you mentioned.
I remember when I got my iPhone4 & the signal was dropping, Apple solution = Your holding it wrong. Ok so I stuck with them and got the iPhone4s, dumb I know but the phones good.
Why was it dumb to stick with them? If you enjoy your 4S then sticking with them was smart, in my opinion.

Now my friend is telling me his iPhone5 also drops & deletes his WiFi connections,
Your friend needs to take his device back and exchange it. "His" issue with Wi-Fi does not represent the masses.
the new back cover scratches & dents with ease,
That may well be true, but that is not a problem. It's a risk.
the battery is terrible,
There is a thread specifically asking about the iPhone 5's battery life. Peruse it. You may find that your friend's experience may not be what others are experiencing. Furthermore, you failed to mention how your friend uses his or her device. It is quite normal for people to use their new devices more than they normally would and then complain that the battery drained too quickly.
its freezes & half his app's kick him out during use
Again, no one here should have to tell you or your friend to exchange or get a refund for a product that he or she finds unsatisfactory.
& lets not forget the new Apple Maps the spell my home town wrong & have a Pizza Shop in the middle off our river & the nearest town is 45 miles away ( in fact its 7 miles away, trust me Apple)
Maps works well for me, thus far, but I also keep the Waze app handy just in case.

Your opinion is just that...your opinion. It is not a secret that Apple makes products based on its vision and they hope that consumers will appreciate it. They were right and the amount of products they have sold and continues to sell proves it. Now does that mean everyone will be satisfied with their products? Of course not.

I think the iPhone5 is an insult too far for me,
It may well be an insult to you and to others. I mean, you know what you like and don't like as well as what you expect from certain products.
I'm not gonna stomp & say, I'm off to Android or make a case for another platform or Company, I'll quietly depart, with I suspect the many other old gaurd users, and seek pastures new.
When you say that you will quietly depart, are you saying that you will end the conversation, leave the Apple platform or what? Just curious.

I'm sure others feel the same way. Still, there are people who understand what Apple is trying to accomplish with the iPhone and may argue that its vision is becoming a reality with each iteration of it. Anyway, thank you for sharing your opinion and I hope you have a safe and pleasant day. ;)

Just Me, D

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Dissociative-Identity-Disorder.jpg

Motoleo???? No, he was banned.....

Metrion???? No, he was banned too.....

Today, I will be Garry Irving! Until I too am banned for trolling.....

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Ok....

Metrion, I think perhaps your issues with this forum go a lot deeper & further back than my post so I'll say thanks for your views and leave it at that.
Not only do you suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder, but you talk to yourself as well. Perhaps your time would be better spent with a therapist than trolling on this forum... Just Say'n

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
This is case where a legit complain goes bad and turns into just trolling and hate,
1) purple fringe : Yes, the ip5 is more prone to fringe but in real life use it's not gonna affect you. ( tilt the camera a bit when you see it ).
2) wifi... Not an issue, reset your iphone and problem solved, if not.. Go to an Apple store and they will take care of you.
3) iphone 5 is an insult: you're crazy.. If you expect a device in this range is gonna come out with no hiccups or software issues you should reconsider and give up on smartphones for good.

Having said that, there are some members here who cant tolerate to hear any criticism about the iphone, before you are face with the popular : " dont let the door hit ya " or " why dont you leave, no one cares"... and I think they are as pathetic as this guy.

Last edited:

Gary Irving

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
http://toptenfamous.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Dissociative-Identity-Disorder.jpg

Motoleo???? No, he was banned.....

Metrion???? No, he was banned too.....

Today, I will be Garry Irving! Until I too am banned for trolling.....

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Not only do you suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder, but you talk to yourself as well. Perhaps your time would be better spent with a therapist than trolling on this forum... Just Say'n

Irish Rose, I think you may be paranoid mate, the name I use is my name, if you need proof so you can sleep at night I'm happy to provide my facebook page, company I work for, maybe even my work Tel Number if that will help you realise you post above is way off the mark.

To everyone else I want to say thanks for your input, my initial post may have been flawed, hurried & perhaps a little carelessly thought out.

As stated I do have & will continue to use my iPhone4s, my decision on wether to move to the iPhone5 is still in the air, perhaps like was suggested I will wait a while till the dust settles & make a decision then

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR