Did you upgrade from a jailbroken device to iPhone 5? Happy?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I feel super spoiled :(

My dad surprised me with an upgrade to iPhone 5 for my birthday. I was excited but I couldn't tell him I was still waiting for an iPhone 5 jailbreak first. I'm supposed to activate the phone within 30 days and give my iPhone 4S to my brother. This means I would lose all of my jailbreak tweaks (a lot of $ I might add) and be back on stock iOS for potentially months or worse.

My question: Has anyone made this jump and found themselves pleasantly surprised? Speed, New form-factor, and iOS6 are all positives. But jailbreak tweaks/apps have given me a lot of extra functionality. I feel like I'm almost downgrading my phone. But what do you think?

I'm thinking about gifting my iPhone 5 to my brother unless somebody convinces me the jump is actually worth it.

Thanks for your opinions!

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I went from fully tweaked and geeked out jailbroken iPhone 4 to in jailbroken iPhone 5. I've never been unjailbroken on any of my ideviced for a long period of time and ain't really missing it so far. Obviously I'm missing SBSettings as it has become second nature to swipe that info down. I'm also missing intelliscreen x and all my ROM apps for snes, neogeo, megadrive, gameboy etc. luckily I purchased a copy of iMame when it snuck trough the AppStore so was able to use disk aid to get the roms on unjailbroken iPhone 5.

We are currently in October, history normally says by Xmas we will have a jb. I am enjoying not being jailbroken but will most likely jb once it's available just to play my roms.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No, there is no jailbreak for the i5 yet.

I upgraded from a jb iPhone 4, and it's still a mixed bag for me. I really miss bitesms and Lockinfo, but so far that has been outweighed by all the benefits of the iPhone 5: screen, speed, iOS 6. My many smaller tweaks I've quickly learned to live without.

You may feel differently coming from a 4S though.

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Coming from jailbroken I really miss it and can't wait until it's available. BiteSMS, SBsettings, auto-numberlookup, themes, being able to access the root, all the small tweaks and fixes apple doesn't want us to be able to choose. I thought it would be way worse though but still feel like I'm not being able to use it to the full capacity I know our beloved iPhones can!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
im happy with my 5...but i do miss biteSMS and about 3 other tweaks. once untethered jailbreak is released for iOS6/i5 im going this route. jailbreaking the A6 will be nice given the performance by it.

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke (first time at 72yrs old) my 4s about 6 months prior to getting iPhone5.
I really enjoyed being able to do things I couldn't do with a stock 4s. But, I had one major problem I could not solve. At least 5 times a day after I entered my password the home screen would appear with the keyboard in the locked position. Nothing I did except turning off the device would clear this problem. (See embedded photo) I submitted this problem on a forum and received only one suggestion that did not work.
I have also embedded two photos that show all the jailbroke Apps and tweaks I had on my 4s.
I will most jailbreak again when I can on my iPhone5, but if the same problem continues I will go back to stock. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349791607.958724.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349791637.564989.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349791655.748199.jpg

Sent into space from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
The app I miss most on IOS6 is, AutoProtect, it turns password protection off when you are in a defined wifi area, and on when you leave it.
Second is SBSettings. Most everything else I can live with easily on IOS6 for iPhone. PS: My iPad3 on IOS5.1.1, won't be un-jailbroken , until a jailbreak is out and tested for IOS6. Jailbreak is much more useful on the iPad than the iPhone.

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I miss my tweaks, but I am ok without them. I didnt do too much with themes except 5 rows, so I am happy there. I could use my extra icons in the doc area though. I will jailbreak as soon as I can though.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the jailbroken 4S and whole I do miss it, it was worth it in the end. The speed, lightness and LTE sealed it for me. However once that jail break is out I will be all over it and biteSMS like white on rice.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I miss my jailbroken 4. The ONLY reason I got the Five was for the LTE speed. The 3G around here is pathetically slow. The 5 is a great phone, but my 4 was better for my needs with jailbreaking apps, except for the slow speed.

My android flew on LTE but the iPhone five doesn't seem to be as fast. I suppose it could be that so many jumped on the LTE bandwagon when the 5 came out.

In any case, nice phone, can't wait for jailbreak !! I thought about going back to my Four until there is a jailbreak for the Five....

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Take the i5 man. Youll be really happy that you did. I went from an iPhone 4 JB to i5 UnJB and havnt looked back. I honestly dont find myself saying, "Man, I sure wish I had that app right now" on a daily basis and have almost forgotten why I JB in the first place...oh yeah, SBSetting and free WiFi Tether. At any rate, I highly doubt that you will regret the switch. If anything, you will REALLY regret when they come out with and your brother is enjoying an untethered JB for the i5 and youre stuck on the iPhone 4S missing out on the blazing fast processor, amazing 4" display and stupid fast LTE speeds of the i5.

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Over time, I've been slowly buyiung all the app that I normally use... so its not too bad...

BUT no sbsettings is a bit annoying, and not being able to put my icons where I want is annoying too...

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I miss biteSMS and SBSettings. That's it. I'd jump all over a gifted iPhone 5 regardless of jailbreak. Sure beats buying it yourself... The jailbreak will come.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro