Did you get insurance on your iPhone 5?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have AppleCare +. I paid $400 for my 64GB iPhone 5, another $100 wasn't gonna break me, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That's a good deal but Verizon can't get another dime from me than what they already get. Lol

Lol, I understand but the cost isn't much of a big deal for me. I travel all over North America for work & I just need service that's going to work & insurance that will have my phone waiting for me the next day at the hotel desk. I work long hours & don't have time to find an Apple store. I had to use Asurion a couple of times over the past few years & each time my phone was waiting for me at the hotel the next day when I got off work. It's works for my busy lifestyle!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
With the people who have insurance how do you think it will affect you with the current iPhone shortage going on right now on the iPhone 5 through Verizon's asurion if you lost your phone broke it or whatever do you think you'd get one next day? Or would you be stuck waiting 3-4 weeks like everyone else?

Most manufacturers have stock set aside for issues so there's a possibility you'll get a fast replacement but there's really no reason to use Asurion unless your phone is lost or stolen otherwise you can just use AppleCare if you have issues & get it replaced on the spot, if you just happen to be close to a store.

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
After years of insurance not being offered on my Iphone i've gotten ust to claming it on my homeowners insurance. My wifes iphone in 2007 was stolen and my homeowners covered it then and we learned about coverage we had for electronics and have always just used that.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
After years of insurance not being offered on my Iphone i've gotten ust to claming it on my homeowners insurance. My wifes iphone in 2007 was stolen and my homeowners covered it then and we learned about coverage we had for electronics and have always just used that.

We're covering our iPhones under our homeowners insurance as well. $50 extra a year, but no deductible for them. Yah, that's a score.

pjeezy85

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I always insure my phones. I'm pretty careful, but when I broke my phone, Asurion had my replacement at my door the next day after I called them at 9PM the night before. Plus, I'm paranoid about it getting stolen. Heard way too many stories about people having their iPhone's stolen, and AC+ does not cover that.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
It's still a rip off, considering you get a used phone back...

An Apple certified referb is Just as good as getting a new one. I've gotten replacement phones and they are pristine. No scratches,dents,....Apple stands behind the Replacement phone the same as new ones out of box.

kplu191

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
AC+ for my 64g black. Assurion has done me well in the past, but AppleCare ends up being cheaper, and I believe AppleCare is probably the best bet. I don't think I'm gonna need a new phone for at least 20 months! :)

Sent from my 5.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I didn't get insurance for mine.

I'm not too weary about breaking it, seeing as I don't drop it very often at all. But just in case, I have a Zagg HD and Speck Candyshell on it. Great combo :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Got a case but place down street replace screen for 70 bucks or do it my self for less so 99 for apple care an a 50 deductible is double what I would pay even if I used it twice in one year ... I am debating going with a zagg or some fully body just to go case less

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen