Battery drain on the I phone 5

Doggy Mommy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, Im Kim and new to this site, I have a I Phone 4, IPad II, and am considering upgrading to the I phone 5, but my better half mentioned to me that he had seen on the news out here( San Francisco) that something was causing the phones to burn subscribers minutes at a faster rate than usual, does this sound familar to anyone, or is it a snopes rumor?

Thanks and happy to be aboard

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Burn subscribers minutes? Or battery life?

The iPhone 5 can certainly burn through battery life, especially when using LTE (or in an area where LTE and 4G switch off and on sporadically).

As far as minutes being burned, you can really only do that if you actually use the phone so i can't see how they could charge for extra if you weren't using them...

Helvitis

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing I've heard about minutes being used faster, however, if you are referring to the the cellular data use while on wifi, the bug has been fixed on Verizon with an update. Not sure about ATT tho

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
As this topic was discussing the battery life of the iPhone 5, I, too, had abysmal battery life until a) I turned off Safari sync in iCloud, b) I restored settings, and c) I turned off LTE at home. My battery is currently at 22% and I unplugged it on Wednesday morning at 5:30am (as of the writing of this post, it is 11:55pm on Friday).

I'm wildly impressed. This is my first iPhone (I have had crackberries and android devices) and this is the first time I've ever gone more than 12 hours on a single charge. True, my phone has been on standby for a good portion of that time frame listed above, but I've still had a good 6.5 hours of usage (surfing the web, listening to music, minor texting, about 20 minutes actually speaking on the phone).

Note: before I fixed the settings, I was getting maybe 8 hours total (standby or otherwise) on a single charge. Right now I'm at 42.5 hours. Wow. Just... wow. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW