Apple permitting me to upgrade earlier than VZW?

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Per VZW, I am upgrade eligible on 10-9-12. VZW was happy to upgrade me earlier if I chose an Android phone, but wouldn't/couldn't bend the rules to upgrade me a few days early for the iPhone 5. However, when I went on the Apple website AND when I went in person to the Apple store, Apple is permitting me to upgrade TODAY (10-5, four days earlier). I didn't buy from the store as they did not have stock, and will try tonight at 10:00 p.m. I didn't complete the order online because it's 3:00 p.m., and prefer to try my luck tonight. My questions are these: (1) Has this ever happened to anyone else, where Apple will upgrade slightly earlier than VZW? and (2) When I go online tonight, even though it looks "green" in the Apple cart and says I can get the upgrade-eligible price for the 64GB model, will it put the brakes on me once I truly put the order through and try for pick-up?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Per VZW, I am upgrade eligible on 10-9-12. VZW was happy to upgrade me earlier if I chose an Android phone, but wouldn't/couldn't bend the rules to upgrade me a few days early for the iPhone 5. However, when I went on the Apple website AND when I went in person to the Apple store, Apple is permitting me to upgrade TODAY (10-5, four days earlier). I didn't buy from the store as they did not have stock, and will try tonight at 10:00 p.m. I didn't complete the order online because it's 3:00 p.m., and prefer to try my luck tonight. My questions are these: (1) Has this ever happened to anyone else, where Apple will upgrade slightly earlier than VZW? and (2) When I go online tonight, even though it looks "green" in the Apple cart and says I can get the upgrade-eligible price for the 64GB model, will it put the brakes on me once I truly put the order through and try for pick-up?

You can always try... It never hurts and if Apple gives it to you, Then consider yourself given a 5 day earlier gift by Apple.

It is not unheard of for this to happen as it did by neighbor hwo works at a VZW Corporate store in sales and told me sometimes this can happen and you won't get bit because Apple has the same access to VZW.

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You can always try... It never hurts and if Apple gives it to you, Then consider yourself given a 5 day earlier gift by Apple.

It is not unheard of for this to happen as it did by neighbor hwo works at a VZW Corporate store in sales and told me sometimes this can happen and you won't get bit because Apple has the same access to VZW.

Thanks for the insight. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

apple07

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Call Verizon customer service! I did today and you can upgrade a week early from actual date! The gentleman tole me the store shouldn't have told me that I had to wait until Oct 10! He ordered it for me today!!! Also, Apple was willing to upgrade me today also but I called Verizon to ask what was going on

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2