Newbie here..please help me with iCloud :)

newmomto1

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
After a looong wait I have finally ditched my android and have a new ip5 :)
One thing I was looking fwd to with this phone is the ability to share my calendar with my husband using icloud.
He has a 4s and he has nver used icloud either (he is NOT tech savvy at all! ;))
Can someone explain to me in very basic terms how this works and how we actually share a calendar (mainly want him to view my calendar on his phone to keep track of kids games, school stuff, etc).
I set up an icloud acct on my phone, then I went to icloud.com and signed in.
When I did nothing showed up on the calendar on the computer even though I have lots of entries in my phone.
What am I doing wrong?
Also, one more thing...my husband and I do not have the same itunes acct...is that an issue?
Give me any and all info...it will be much appreciated!
Thanks so much :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
From Mac Calendar Help

"Share a calendar
You can give people read-only or read-and-write privileges to shared calendars. They can access your calendars using Calendar (on a Mac with OS X Mountain Lion, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch), iCloud Calendar at www.icloud.com, iCal (on a Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.2 or later), and Microsoft Outlook.

On OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later, place the pointer over the calendar?s name, and then click the broadcast icon.
Or, click the calendar?s name, and then choose Edit > Share Calendar.

If you don?t see your calendars, click Calendars.

Select whether you want the calendar to be private or public.
If you make the calendar private, only the people you invite can see the calendar.

To share the calendar with someone, on OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later, enter the person?s email address (or contact?s name), and then press Return. To change the person?s access privileges, click the triangle next the address (or name), and then choose an option.

Or, click Add (+), and then enter the person?s email address. Select the person?s access privileges in the Privilege column.

If you make the calendar public, the calendar is read-only, and anyone with the URL can subscribe to it.

To share a public calendar with someone, on OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2, either enter the person?s email address (or contact?s name) or click the Share button next to the calendar?s URL.

Or, hold down the Control key, click the calendar?s name, and then choose Resend Invitations.

Click Done (or Share)."

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why the appointments on your phone aren't appearing on the iCloud.com website calendar, but sharing it with your husband is easy. Login to iCloud.com with your iCloud user name and password. Click on the calendar icon. Once the calendar opens you will see a list on the left hand side of the screen showing all your calendars (depending on how many you have). Next to the calendar name is a little icon that sort of looks like a wifi symbol. Click on that icon and you will get a dialog box that will open, giving you an option to share the calendar privately or publicly. Click "Private" and then type in your husbands iCloud account email into the box. That's pretty much it. Note this will share your entire calendar. What I did for my wife and I was create a sub-calendar called "Household" and then shared that one with her. That way her phone only shows a portion of my calendar (the part we need to both see) and my work stuff stays separate. To add a calendar click the "gear" icon in the top right of the calendar screen on iCloud.com. Then click "New Calendar". Give it a name and then share that one. Sharing works both ways (if you enable it when you share it) so that your husband can add events from his phone that will sync to yours, and vice-versa. Works really slick. Hope this helps.

newmomto1

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why the appointments on your phone aren't appearing on the iCloud.com website calendar, but sharing it with your husband is easy. Login to iCloud.com with your iCloud user name and password. Click on the calendar icon. Once the calendar opens you will see a list on the left hand side of the screen showing all your calendars (depending on how many you have). Next to the calendar name is a little icon that sort of looks like a wifi symbol. Click on that icon and you will get a dialog box that will open, giving you an option to share the calendar privately or publicly. Click "Private" and then type in your husbands iCloud account email into the box. That's pretty much it. Note this will share your entire calendar. What I did for my wife and I was create a sub-calendar called "Household" and then shared that one with her. That way her phone only shows a portion of my calendar (the part we need to both see) and my work stuff stays separate. To add a calendar click the "gear" icon in the top right of the calendar screen on iCloud.com. Then click "New Calendar". Give it a name and then share that one. Sharing works both ways (if you enable it when you share it) so that your husband can add events from his phone that will sync to yours, and vice-versa. Works really slick. Hope this helps.

Thank you soooo much!
Now, I just have to figure out WHY nothing is showing up on icloud.com. My calendar is completely blank there.
Anyone have any ideas?????

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73