Those with limited data plans...how fast did you blow through yours this month?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It looks like every month I will be resetting my usage to keep track of how much data I use. I think its quite interesting that I have sent 269 MB, but I have received 4.9 GB. I only listen to spotify, so I am really questioning the usage of my data.

That sounds right...if you only listen to spotify that means you are receiving data.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried 3G/HSPA+? When I got my Lumia 900 earlier this year and they moved me to unlimited with LTE the rep said you get TWO separate data caps. You get 3GB on 3G/HSPA+ and 5GB of LTE usage and that you could be throttled on one but not the other. They might have changed though. I never use nearly that much data so I never found out.
I thought the cap was device specific (LTE device vs HSPA+ device), not whether or not one was using LTE or HSPA+.

I have no idea, either, since I've never exceeded 3GB on HSPA+. Akron already had LTE when I got my Lumia 900, and Cleveland got LTE the second month I had the device. So I never use HSPA+ at all now.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What do you see when you call *DATA#? Does the text message you receive show "unlimited" or a number like the iOS app?

I have 5 lines - 3 unlimited... and 2 capped (1 2GB, 1 3GB)... and it shows both, because it's the family plan summary...

IMG_0782.PNG

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Surprisingly I haven't used 1 GB of data yet. I thought I would use a lot of data but I'm barely over .400. I think it's because I'm on wifi whenever I can. I didn't think 2 GB of data a month will be enough for me but it's plenty!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Although I still have a unlimited data plan with AT&T, I haven't noticed any data difference at all between using 4G on my iPhone 4S and LTE on my iPhone 5. I thought for sure I'd go through double what I did last month, but this wasn't the case....

Last month on 4G

y4y8etup.jpg

This month on LTE

juvytehy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just miss the feeling of never worrying how much data I use.

I had this incredible sinking feeling in my stomach when I got 50 and 90 percent data warnings within 3 days of each other. I was ready to return my phone. But I called Verizon and the luck of the draw was on my side. Idk know how the young lady did it, but after a bit of trying to figure out why I used so much data so quickly I figured I'd ask her if she could get my unlimited back... Hold please she said. After less than a minute she comes back on the line and says ok I got your unlimited back, for $29.99 a month. Do u want to do it? Me: uhhh, yeah! Her: is there anything else I can help you with? Me: nah, but if I knew where you were i would come give u a big hug. Her: I'm not that far away. Me: Ummm...I think she liked the sound of my voice. And I thought se had the voice of an angel. Specially when she said your unlimited is back... Heavenly, just heavenly.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
According to Rogers I've blown through 6 gigs already, which seems unlikely.

Maybe Rodgers iPhone 5 is suffering from the same bug as Verizon's iPhone 5. Verizon's iPhone 5 received a minor update which corrected the problem of using cellular data even though it was clearly on WiFi.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Although I still have a unlimited data plan with AT&T, I haven't noticed any data difference at all between using 4G on my iPhone 4S and LTE on my iPhone 5. I thought for sure I'd go through double what I did last month, but this wasn't the case....

Last month on 4G

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/y4y8etup.jpg

This month on LTE

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/juvytehy.jpg

Wow... That's. a very low usage. Are you on wifi most of the day??

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Last month on 4G

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/y4y8etup.jpg

This month on LTE

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/juvytehy.jpg

That's not bad i however hardly used data before like maybe 100 to 200 mb
Now I'm at 900 so far .. I'm unlimited but still

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
AT&T credited me back $20 for the double overage I got last month... I'm now using a data usage app to catch it early if it happens again...

"Data Usage" seems to work well
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350743753.663176.jpg

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
AT&T credited me back $20 for the double overage I got last month... I'm now using a data usage app to catch it early if it happens again...

"Data Usage" seems to work well
View attachment 21226

Have you compared the results you get in this app with your network's usage? I'm curious since I'm looking into something like this.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We have the 4GB VZW plan and have used less than 2GB with a week left. Thought about going to the 2GB plan but to save $10 it would cost us $15 if we go over :)

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Switched over to Verizon on the fifth and have only used .270 of my gig. Coming from Sprint where I had unlimited, I'm not encountering any real problems policing my data consumption. With Sprint, I kept my device on wifi since 3G doesn't offer optimal data speed. My iPhone 5 definitely stays on wifi as I have it at home, work, and school. Granted, the LTE is blazingly amazing and I have it throughout the area.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro