AT&T people might as well stop calling it unlimited and start saying you are on the 5gb throttling plan with no charge for overages.
    IcantCanything and Guacho like this.
    10-06-2012 10:30 PM
    I knew about the throttling... But I had no idea to what degree I would be throttled. Its really outrageous.
    Are you never around wifi? Maybe I am just fortunate where we live we have wifi hot spots around us in numbers, wifi at home at work.

lol I have 2 high school teenage females that are always on their phone and havent gone past 3.5 gigs in 4 years on ATT, Sprint(for unlimited data) or now back on ATT.
    10-06-2012 11:32 PM
    I'm actually surprised AT&T didn't change their throttling stance on LTE. I hear the bells tolling on the 5 gig unlimited data.
    10-07-2012 02:17 AM
    Are you never around wifi? Maybe I am just fortunate where we live we have wifi hot spots around us in numbers, wifi at home at work.

lol I have 2 high school teenage females that are always on their phone and havent gone past 3.5 gigs in 4 years on ATT, Sprint(for unlimited data) or now back on ATT.
    Got wifi at home, but otherwise I'm all cellular data. I don't see how YOU haven't gone over haha.

I'm actually surprised AT&T didn't change their throttling stance on LTE. I hear the bells tolling on the 5 gig unlimited data.
    Indeed. I had very much expected them to force you into a family plan or whatever if you wanted to use LTE. I suppose that aspect is a nice perk of AT&T.
    Last edited by Rolf; 10-07-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    10-07-2012 03:24 AM
    So far I'm about 4.5 gigs in... Couple weeks ago my data went through the roof in matter of a couple of days. I'm on 3GB so already into the second overage $10 ea per extra GB. I'm on AT&T - but I'm thinking it's a similar bug.

Called AT&T about it. They said had to wait until bill cycle is done which is in a couple of days. So we'll see if they credit me or not. Wish they'd issue patch if it really is a bug. Can't imagine it's only a Verizon thing.
    10-07-2012 10:11 AM
    I ended up going over my 4GB cap. But I had my iPad connected to my iPhone 5 a lot trying to see just how fast it was. This is the 1st time I've ever went over my cap but like I said I was experimenting with connecting different devices to my phone to see the speed.
    10-07-2012 11:10 AM
    It looks like every month I will be resetting my usage to keep track of how much data I use. I think its quite interesting that I have sent 269 MB, but I have received 4.9 GB. I only listen to spotify, so I am really questioning the usage of my data.
    10-08-2012 01:22 PM
    I luckily have unlimited, but I have managed to use almost 4 gb in the last 2 weeks now. This is way higher than my normal usage. I haven't been doing too much crazy other than listening to Spotify. No Youtube or Netflix streaming. I am guessing I may have the over night data usage bug. I am on AT&T.

I am switching my dad into an iPhone this evening and I warned him he had to watch the data usage as he will be on a limited plan. Luckily they have wifi at home (I dont)
    I would recommend you show him the data option in the network... you can keep the cellular data tab to Off till you want to use it... I have heard people are loving the feature since there are apps which will connect to the internet and you won't even notice it...
    ibanana likes this.
    10-08-2012 05:00 PM
    I would recommend you show him the data option in the network... you can keep the cellular data tab to Off till you want to use it... I have heard people are loving the feature since there are apps which will connect to the internet and you won't even notice it...
    I did show him that. I however got him the 3GB plan instead of the 300 mb. Do I think he will use 300 mb? Of course not, but for $10 more its a nice safety net.
    10-08-2012 05:43 PM
    I'm on an unlimited plan with AT&T but instead of showing unlimited like the do online, I'm coming up with 10GB. Haven't gotten close so I'm not sure what would happen after.Those with limited data plans...how fast did you blow through yours this month?-img_1168.png
    10-16-2012 01:01 PM
    I'm have unlimited but used about a gig this month .. But I'm on wifi like 90 percent of the time
    10-16-2012 01:28 PM
    I'm on an unlimited plan with AT&T but instead of showing unlimited like the do online, I'm coming up with 10GB. Haven't gotten close so I'm not sure what would happen after.
    I'm seeing the same thing, kind of... but your math is off a bit. (10238976MB is actually 9999 GB) ... with 4 days left in the billing cycle, I'm up to almost 1.75GB of data usage.

Those with limited data plans...how fast did you blow through yours this month?-img_0781.png

The actual AT&T website does show my usage as 1788.64MB of UNLIMITED... so it must be a thing with their iOS app.
    10-16-2012 01:42 PM
    Those with limited data plans...how fast did you blow through yours this month?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350411749.529785.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-16-2012 02:22 PM
    I knew about the throttling... But I had no idea to what degree I would be throttled. Its really outrageous.
    Have you tried 3G/HSPA+? When I got my Lumia 900 earlier this year and they moved me to unlimited with LTE the rep said you get TWO separate data caps. You get 3GB on 3G/HSPA+ and 5GB of LTE usage and that you could be throttled on one but not the other. They might have changed though. I never use nearly that much data so I never found out.
    10-16-2012 02:24 PM
    I'm seeing the same thing, kind of... but your math is off a bit. (10238976MB is actually 9999 GB) ... with 4 days left in the billing cycle, I'm up to almost 1.75GB of data usage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0781.PNG 
Views:	89 
Size:	498.5 KB 
ID:	20978

The actual AT&T website does show my usage as 1788.64MB of UNLIMITED... so it must be a thing with their iOS app.
    What do you see when you call *DATA#? Does the text message you receive show "unlimited" or a number like the iOS app?
    10-16-2012 02:25 PM
    It looks like every month I will be resetting my usage to keep track of how much data I use. I think its quite interesting that I have sent 269 MB, but I have received 4.9 GB. I only listen to spotify, so I am really questioning the usage of my data.
    That sounds right...if you only listen to spotify that means you are receiving data.
    10-16-2012 02:27 PM
    Have you tried 3G/HSPA+? When I got my Lumia 900 earlier this year and they moved me to unlimited with LTE the rep said you get TWO separate data caps. You get 3GB on 3G/HSPA+ and 5GB of LTE usage and that you could be throttled on one but not the other. They might have changed though. I never use nearly that much data so I never found out.
    I thought the cap was device specific (LTE device vs HSPA+ device), not whether or not one was using LTE or HSPA+.

I have no idea, either, since I've never exceeded 3GB on HSPA+. Akron already had LTE when I got my Lumia 900, and Cleveland got LTE the second month I had the device. So I never use HSPA+ at all now.
    10-16-2012 02:28 PM
    What do you see when you call *DATA#? Does the text message you receive show "unlimited" or a number like the iOS app?
    I have 5 lines - 3 unlimited... and 2 capped (1 2GB, 1 3GB)... and it shows both, because it's the family plan summary...

Those with limited data plans...how fast did you blow through yours this month?-img_0782.png
    10-16-2012 02:43 PM
    According to Rogers I've blown through 6 gigs already, which seems unlikely.
    10-16-2012 06:14 PM
    Surprisingly I haven't used 1 GB of data yet. I thought I would use a lot of data but I'm barely over .400. I think it's because I'm on wifi whenever I can. I didn't think 2 GB of data a month will be enough for me but it's plenty!
    10-16-2012 07:33 PM
    Although I still have a unlimited data plan with AT&T, I haven't noticed any data difference at all between using 4G on my iPhone 4S and LTE on my iPhone 5. I thought for sure I'd go through double what I did last month, but this wasn't the case....

Last month on 4G

This month on LTE

10-16-2012 09:06 PM
    Just miss the feeling of never worrying how much data I use.
    I had this incredible sinking feeling in my stomach when I got 50 and 90 percent data warnings within 3 days of each other. I was ready to return my phone. But I called Verizon and the luck of the draw was on my side. Idk know how the young lady did it, but after a bit of trying to figure out why I used so much data so quickly I figured I'd ask her if she could get my unlimited back... Hold please she said. After less than a minute she comes back on the line and says ok I got your unlimited back, for $29.99 a month. Do u want to do it? Me: uhhh, yeah! Her: is there anything else I can help you with? Me: nah, but if I knew where you were i would come give u a big hug. Her: I'm not that far away. Me: Ummm...I think she liked the sound of my voice. And I thought se had the voice of an angel. Specially when she said your unlimited is back... Heavenly, just heavenly.
    10-16-2012 10:31 PM
    According to Rogers I've blown through 6 gigs already, which seems unlikely.
    Maybe Rodgers iPhone 5 is suffering from the same bug as Verizon's iPhone 5. Verizon's iPhone 5 received a minor update which corrected the problem of using cellular data even though it was clearly on WiFi.

10-16-2012 10:44 PM
    Although I still have a unlimited data plan with AT&T, I haven't noticed any data difference at all between using 4G on my iPhone 4S and LTE on my iPhone 5. I thought for sure I'd go through double what I did last month, but this wasn't the case....

Last month on 4G

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/y4y8etup.jpg

This month on LTE

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/juvytehy.jpg

Wow... That's. a very low usage. Are you on wifi most of the day??
    10-16-2012 11:29 PM
    I Slingbox on my ispot from Clear ... but if I'm moving to much I'm on LTE... I'm bout 2GB so far... AT&T throttles at 5GB
    10-16-2012 11:50 PM
58 123