Did I buy the wrong storage capacity?

jjj651

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting on my white 16GB iPhone 5 to come in and I can't say that I am satisfied with my choice after reading around. I had a 16GB iPod Touch back in 2007 and it was enough for me. But now that the apps of today are much larger, I am not certain if 16Gb is enough. I will probably have like 400 or so songs with maybe 1 or 2 movies/shows on it at a time. I am not the kind of user that has like 200 apps, I may have 50 or 60 at most? I am kind of stuck in a bind because if I cancel the order and place a new one for the 32GB iPhone I would be put back into the back of the queue which may be another few weeks at least. Or I can wait for it to come, use it and then try to find a Verizon store that will have the one I want within 14 days. But of course if 16GB is enough then I won't bother with the trouble of getting it exchanged. So do you guys think it'll be enough?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I see words in your post like "Like 400 songs" and "may have 50-60 apps" and "maybe 1 or 2 movies", these tell me that you were rationalizing keeping your storage low on the iPhone, and my answer to your situation is this, why put yourself in a situation where you have to pick and choose what you want on your iPhone? If you have the means to buy the 32GB of course it would be a better idea to have it.

As they say, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

jjj651

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I see words in your post like "Like 400 songs" and "may have 50-60 apps" and "maybe 1 or 2 movies", these tell me that you were rationalizing keeping your storage low on the iPhone, and my answer to your situation is this, why put yourself in a situation where you have to pick and choose what you want on your iPhone? If you have the means to buy the 32GB of course it would be a better idea to have it.

As they say, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I am not a power user at all. I honestly won't have many apps. I don't have the need for them. And I will really only be putting movies on my phone if I have to travel, and even then I will mostly be listening to music. Don't most people get the 16GB iPhone's anyway? They are always the first to sell out on launch day.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I have a 4s 16 gig. Right now I have 305 songs 414 photos 202 apps and have 5 gigs left. Truthfully more than half the apps I don't use.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am not a power user at all. I honestly won't have many apps. I don't have the need for them. And I will really only be putting movies on my phone if I have to travel, and even then I will mostly be listening to music. Don't most people get the 16GB iPhone's anyway? They are always the first to sell out on launch day.

They are the first to sell out because they are the cheapest. Of they offers an 8GB for $99 it would be the first to sell out.

Different people have different needs. I'm going with a 32gb this time around. My music collection is still relatively small at 11GB so I want to take it all. Between that and podcasts I'm right at the edge. A lot of games are north of 500MBs so a couple of those and I'm out of space. I'm currently streaming all of my music as I just don't have room for it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it all depends. I got a 32gb because I use a lotta apps and keep lots of movies and songs in mine. I'm pretty sure a 16gb would be enough but just in case... since I have a 32GB ipad which i thought was more than enough but isnt..

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I look at this question differently... to me, another $100 for double the storage (16gb to 32gb) is a no-brainer. Especially when you think of the total cost of your contract... and when you do that, to me another $100 for 64gb becomes a no-brainer. I would say though that the 32gb seems to be the sweet spot with all the cloud services available these days. IMO of course...

BrennB

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the 32 instead of the 16 like I had on the 4S because the 32 was instock at 10pm..... and I'm the Official Instant Gratification Queen. LOL I can't wait for nuttin

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a 16gig 4s and its been enough and I don't regret getting it but I wouldn't mind another 16gig. I have a 64gig iPad 2 that I load up with movies and music which is why I went with a 16 gig iPhone. If the iPhone is your only mobile device you may want to get 32 or 64gig.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been thinking of a 32 myself cause pictures take up more space compared to my 4. I say load it up and see where you are in those 14 days could also check out iTunes Match?

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Go 32 if you have the cash. It's worth the money to not have to worry about managing storage. Plus it brings more money on the resell side. I have 500 gigs of music so I have to manage anyway but not photos movies and apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5 baby.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I went 32GB simply bc I take a lot of pictures, wanted to keep more music on this than I did my 4, and I like to keep a lot of apps ( though I've gotten better about not being an app whore anymore. The wife yells when I download too many and they get synced to her device too LOL ).

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I went in thinking I would get the 32gb since that is what I had for my 4. But all they had left was the 64gb and I am really glad I got the 64 because I already have 28gb used and I don't want to worry about space and its my belief that the more free space there is the better the apps I use will run.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I went with the 32gb model bc honestly, better safe than sorry. Better resale value too! And less chance if a total sellout. Seems you can always find a 32 or 64gb model somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I did 16gb for my first 3 iPhones, and when I tried to download 2 movies for Travelling...bad news. Rented movies take a ton of space. 32 for me this time. C'mon radio shack, get it here.

jjj651

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Crap, looks like 32GB is the way to go. Anyways quick question. I am not the primary account holder. I just use one of the lines (Verizon). So will the primary account holder have to be there in order for me to exchange iPhones?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2