Returned iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100%. Never said anything to the contrary. But thanks for playing!

---------- Post Merged at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Why is the price of $30 absurd? Could it be because they are not worth that, in your mind, so you feel the company is overcharging? Interesting theory. ;)

It's absurd because i can buy it cheaper...not because Apple is charging for it. If you made the argument that it was overpriced on the market, me and you would be dancing around hand in hand singing kumbaya. You said they should have given it away with the iPhone, and that's where my argument came in...i still stand against even my own view of it from a consumer stand point, $30 is overpriced when you can buy two of them for $10 (and they work too, i get them earlier this week :) ) But i was speaking from a business stand point and giving stuff away...they don't do it because there's no reason to, people are buying the hell out of them, and are still primarily satisfied with both the product and company.

ltieperman

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's absurd because i can buy it cheaper...not because Apple is charging for it. If you made the argument that it was overpriced on the market, me and you would be dancing around hand in hand singing kumbaya. You said they should have given it away with the iPhone, and that's where my argument came in...i still stand against even my own view of it from a consumer stand point, $30 is overpriced when you can buy two of them for $10 (and they work too, i get them earlier this week :) ) But i was speaking from a business stand point and giving stuff away...they don't do it because there's no reason to, people are buying the hell out of them, and are still primarily satisfied with both the product and company.

I'm with ya, I swear. I agree $30 is overpriced, and that's my whole point. They do it because they know they can, and they know most people (who are not educated consumers) will pay for it regardless of its true value, and they make the conscious choice to do it that way. But they are hardly giving anything away for free when it only cost them probably less than $10 to make the adapter. They've already made a crapload off you with the phone purchase (whether they got their $600 from you or the carrier, either way).

And remember, they were already the most profitable company on the planet before they started charging for the adapter. So now they will be the MOSTEST profitable company on the planet! That's cool, just not how I do things in my life. And kudos on the business, I have nothing but respect for you doing that, not that you care if you have my respect! I know that's how you roll. Just don't assume, as you have been doing, that I know nothing as a business person, or business owner. I'm not just an average consumer by any stretch of the imagination.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm with ya, I swear. I agree $30 is overpriced, and that's my whole point. They do it because they know they can, and they know most people (who are not educated consumers) will pay for it regardless of its true value, and they make the conscious choice to do it that way. But they are hardly giving anything away for free when it only cost them probably less than $10 to make the adapter. They've already made a crapload off you with the phone purchase (whether they got their $600 from you or the carrier, either way).

And remember, they were already the most profitable company on the planet before they started charging for the adapter. So now they will be the MOSTEST profitable company on the planet! That's cool, just not how I do things in my life. And kudos on the business, I have nothing but respect for you doing that, not that you care if you have my respect! I know that's how you roll. Just don't assume, as you have been doing, that I know nothing as a business person, or business owner. I'm not just an average consumer by any stretch of the imagination.

I think we understand each other, we're just not saying it in the same terms...basically, from a consumer standpoint, we'd all like something for free, especially when it would help us in transitioning from years of old hardware to the new hardware they are converting to. From a business stand point they know we're going to buy the stuff, and probably buy ALL of it, so they sell it, make money and the world keeps on spinning.

If we are to call Apple greedy for selling it, we then must call ourselves greedy for wanting it for free.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait........ Wait....... You returned the iPhone 5 and are now withdrawing your brand loyalty because 3rd party products will be ineffective.... WOW.

Once I had a customer come in my store and buy a $100 Jaw Bone Bluetooth headset, then complain that her bill was too high right after, hahahahaha.

ltieperman

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I think we understand each other, we're just not saying it in the same terms...basically, from a consumer standpoint, we'd all like something for free, especially when it would help us in transitioning from years of old hardware to the new hardware they are converting to. From a business stand point they know we're going to buy the stuff, and probably buy ALL of it, so they sell it, make money and the world keeps on spinning.

If we are to call Apple greedy for selling it, we then must call ourselves greedy for wanting it for free.

Agreed. Coolio.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of considering a cable too expensive or not, returning an awesome device of just that basis is stupid. If there are other reasons fine (man up and state them), but claiming the return reason is the cable makes one sound like a cheap hypocrite.

Buy a couple less lattes a month and there's your effing cable price.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of considering a cable too expensive or not, returning an awesome device of just that basis is stupid. If there are other reasons fine (man up and state them), but claiming the return reason is the cable makes one sound like a cheap hypocrite.

Buy a couple less lattes a month and there's your effing cable price.

Like A Boss!!!

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought two new cables at the Verizon store the other day. I didn't really like paying that much for them, but I needed the extras. To me the bottom line is not so much what apple is charging (which I think is high... For $19 at least make it a three to six foot cable!) but that apple has already been kicking auctions off of eBay for the adapters. I mean, if I want a good cable for syncing with, I buy from apple. But I would like a cable in each vehicle (x3), one to take to work (x1), and I really need at least two (x2) in the house. So that is $100 to buy those cables from apple. C'mon, you have to admit that is absurd. But Apple stopping all sales of cables and adapters is greedy, they want to get even more money by stomping on the little guy. I mean really, how much can a company be making if they sell a cable for $3 with free shipping?

In the end it is to each their own. I sympathize with the original poster. I disagree with some of you that feel we should be abliged to pay Apple so much just because we bought a phone from them.

My final statement, then I'm out of this thread... KNOWING millions of customers would need some type of adapter due to their owning iPhones and iPads in the past (cuz all had docks and such...), I think Apple should have included ONE adapter for free and should have had them ready and available on launch day.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Just happened to pop back into this thread and thought I would clarify something on the pricing of my cases. That pricing was if I were to have paid full retail for them, which I did not. There was one case that was gifted, a few were given as items for work, and the rest were acquired at a hefty discount. Not a chance I would spend that on all the cases, especially with there being 15-20 sitting in a bag here. My phone typically lives in a mophie juice pack pro, and my i5 will do the same as soon as it is available

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only who really doesn't care about cable pricing? Or need multiples? I take care of the one Apple gave me in the box with my iP5 and use it for charging and syncing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The dreaded cable....seems to charge quicker

You mean there is a possibility that the new cable might do something better?? That would or could be a reason why it was changed. Perhaps it's a reason it's 19$.... To pay for R&D costs. But that kinda stuff doesn't matter. Everyone wants cheap 3rd party untested cables that will fry the phone and then people will expect Apple to Eat it cause they have to take it back!! Workers are striking at Foxconn but all people will care about is the 19$ cable they Expect to be for free....

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
That's another reason I didn't buy the "5", I'm confused by the adapter. In order to make things less confusing, I'll just wait until the entire line is updated, which should soon happen with the new new iPad.

I don't even know what the new cord is even needed for, or how many adapters I'd have to buy, but I know the adoption rate is gonna be slow so.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That change should have been to the industry standard, micro USB, just like your wall outlet is standardized.

Wall outlets are standardized across countries, and in some cases regions (North America, Western Europe), but they are not standardized globally. In the European Union, the standard cell phone charger connection is the micro-USB... but no standards elsewhere.

Take 2 minutes and review this article... you'll see just how standard wall outlets are across the globe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

Last edited:

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
That's another reason I didn't buy the "5", I'm confused by the adapter. In order to make things less confusing, I'll just wait until the entire line is updated, which should soon happen with the new new iPad.

I don't even know what the new cord is even needed for, or how many adapters I'd have to buy, but I know the adoption rate is gonna be slow so.

You're confused? What in gods name is there to be confused about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW