I'm really not assuming anything...you're approaching the situation as a consumer, I'm looking at it from the stance of a business trying to make money, which is what businesses do. It's not assuming, it's understanding.
    Leave this person be... your not gonna win this debate. The Person has Already decided that no matter what you say you are not going to be right. Saying that it's only right that they replace mistreated phones... Because Apple charges so much..Also Comparing Apple to Big Oil... No one Forced anyone to buy the phone...and No one forces people to Drive.... It's a privilege not a right to drive...It's also a Choice to Buy Apple Products... Expecting things for free or discount is ridiculous...Why Bother Acknowledging it...Everytime you make a point... the Poster will change to other example that makes no sense. How bout this....Water is free... Why should I pay for it!!
    10-05-2012 01:13 PM
    iPhone 5 Rules!!!
    10-05-2012 01:16 PM
    You buy a high end device. Expect to pay for high end accessories.
    EXACTLY. i'll never understand why some people are having a difficult time with this FACT
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-05-2012 01:26 PM
    Gee Sean, you sure seemed like you were happy to order those $10 adapters, yet call us names for complaining about the price Apple wants...

First 3rd party Lightning Adapter hits the market...

Attachment 20441
    Why wouldn't I? If they weren't available i would have bought them, and you can go back and read (and i still stand by this) that the pricing is a bit absurd at $30 (but in that, if it works for them, its all good, i can buy a 3rd party one like i did, and be content)...but charging for it I completely understand...my argument here is how ridiculous it is to get upset that Apple isn't giving them away. It's humorous.

OK, I don't think you truly understand, but that's ok. You will one day.
    Don't understand what? Business? lmao...i assure you i do understand it quite well, as i partially own my own business with my wife (a film production/post company). I have a very good and successful grasp on business...which is why i understand that when demand overwhelms supply on something (especially for as long as Apple has been doing it), you don't need to give away stuff to attract business when business is overwhelming you as it is. It's a really simple concept, but it's ok if it's beyond you...if you're strictly a consumer you don't have to worry about it. When the production company films a commercial for a business, we could easily give them things like USB drives with files or DVD/Blu-Ray discs with their product on it...we could do it for free with little to no cost to us, but we charge for it, and they pay for it and do so with plenty of return business, referrals and satisfaction. Are we greedy? No, we are just trying to run a successful business by making money to grow the business and keep it relevant. There's no magic to it, lol.
    10-05-2012 01:27 PM
    Expecting things for free or discount is ridiculous...
    I agree 100%. Never said anything to the contrary. But thanks for playing!

---------- Post Merged at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:30 PM ----------

you can go back and read (and i still stand by this) that the pricing is a bit absurd at $30
    Why is the price of $30 absurd? Could it be because they are not worth that, in your mind, so you feel the company is overcharging? Interesting theory.
    10-05-2012 01:34 PM
    I agree 100%. Never said anything to the contrary. But thanks for playing!

---------- Post Merged at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Why is the price of $30 absurd? Could it be because they are not worth that, in your mind, so you feel the company is overcharging? Interesting theory.
    It's absurd because i can buy it cheaper...not because Apple is charging for it. If you made the argument that it was overpriced on the market, me and you would be dancing around hand in hand singing kumbaya. You said they should have given it away with the iPhone, and that's where my argument came in...i still stand against even my own view of it from a consumer stand point, $30 is overpriced when you can buy two of them for $10 (and they work too, i get them earlier this week ) But i was speaking from a business stand point and giving stuff away...they don't do it because there's no reason to, people are buying the hell out of them, and are still primarily satisfied with both the product and company.
    10-05-2012 01:41 PM
    It's absurd because i can buy it cheaper...not because Apple is charging for it. If you made the argument that it was overpriced on the market, me and you would be dancing around hand in hand singing kumbaya. You said they should have given it away with the iPhone, and that's where my argument came in...i still stand against even my own view of it from a consumer stand point, $30 is overpriced when you can buy two of them for $10 (and they work too, i get them earlier this week ) But i was speaking from a business stand point and giving stuff away...they don't do it because there's no reason to, people are buying the hell out of them, and are still primarily satisfied with both the product and company.
    I'm with ya, I swear. I agree $30 is overpriced, and that's my whole point. They do it because they know they can, and they know most people (who are not educated consumers) will pay for it regardless of its true value, and they make the conscious choice to do it that way. But they are hardly giving anything away for free when it only cost them probably less than $10 to make the adapter. They've already made a crapload off you with the phone purchase (whether they got their $600 from you or the carrier, either way).

And remember, they were already the most profitable company on the planet before they started charging for the adapter. So now they will be the MOSTEST profitable company on the planet! That's cool, just not how I do things in my life. And kudos on the business, I have nothing but respect for you doing that, not that you care if you have my respect! I know that's how you roll. Just don't assume, as you have been doing, that I know nothing as a business person, or business owner. I'm not just an average consumer by any stretch of the imagination.
    10-05-2012 01:58 PM
    I'm with ya, I swear. I agree $30 is overpriced, and that's my whole point. They do it because they know they can, and they know most people (who are not educated consumers) will pay for it regardless of its true value, and they make the conscious choice to do it that way. But they are hardly giving anything away for free when it only cost them probably less than $10 to make the adapter. They've already made a crapload off you with the phone purchase (whether they got their $600 from you or the carrier, either way).

And remember, they were already the most profitable company on the planet before they started charging for the adapter. So now they will be the MOSTEST profitable company on the planet! That's cool, just not how I do things in my life. And kudos on the business, I have nothing but respect for you doing that, not that you care if you have my respect! I know that's how you roll. Just don't assume, as you have been doing, that I know nothing as a business person, or business owner. I'm not just an average consumer by any stretch of the imagination.
    I think we understand each other, we're just not saying it in the same terms...basically, from a consumer standpoint, we'd all like something for free, especially when it would help us in transitioning from years of old hardware to the new hardware they are converting to. From a business stand point they know we're going to buy the stuff, and probably buy ALL of it, so they sell it, make money and the world keeps on spinning.

If we are to call Apple greedy for selling it, we then must call ourselves greedy for wanting it for free.
    10-05-2012 02:03 PM
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait........ Wait....... You returned the iPhone 5 and are now withdrawing your brand loyalty because 3rd party products will be ineffective.... WOW.

Once I had a customer come in my store and buy a $100 Jaw Bone Bluetooth headset, then complain that her bill was too high right after, hahahahaha.
    10-05-2012 02:08 PM
    I think we understand each other, we're just not saying it in the same terms...basically, from a consumer standpoint, we'd all like something for free, especially when it would help us in transitioning from years of old hardware to the new hardware they are converting to. From a business stand point they know we're going to buy the stuff, and probably buy ALL of it, so they sell it, make money and the world keeps on spinning.

If we are to call Apple greedy for selling it, we then must call ourselves greedy for wanting it for free.
    Agreed. Coolio.
    10-05-2012 02:12 PM
    Regardless of considering a cable too expensive or not, returning an awesome device of just that basis is stupid. If there are other reasons fine (man up and state them), but claiming the return reason is the cable makes one sound like a cheap hypocrite.

Buy a couple less lattes a month and there's your effing cable price.
    v1nn1e and nikkisharif like this.
    10-05-2012 02:12 PM

That's the Best Point I've heard all day!!
    10-05-2012 02:14 PM
    Regardless of considering a cable too expensive or not, returning an awesome device of just that basis is stupid. If there are other reasons fine (man up and state them), but claiming the return reason is the cable makes one sound like a cheap hypocrite.

Buy a couple less lattes a month and there's your effing cable price.
    Like A Boss!!!
    10-05-2012 02:16 PM
    I bought two new cables at the Verizon store the other day. I didn't really like paying that much for them, but I needed the extras. To me the bottom line is not so much what apple is charging (which I think is high... For $19 at least make it a three to six foot cable!) but that apple has already been kicking auctions off of eBay for the adapters. I mean, if I want a good cable for syncing with, I buy from apple. But I would like a cable in each vehicle (x3), one to take to work (x1), and I really need at least two (x2) in the house. So that is $100 to buy those cables from apple. C'mon, you have to admit that is absurd. But Apple stopping all sales of cables and adapters is greedy, they want to get even more money by stomping on the little guy. I mean really, how much can a company be making if they sell a cable for $3 with free shipping?

In the end it is to each their own. I sympathize with the original poster. I disagree with some of you that feel we should be abliged to pay Apple so much just because we bought a phone from them.

My final statement, then I'm out of this thread... KNOWING millions of customers would need some type of adapter due to their owning iPhones and iPads in the past (cuz all had docks and such...), I think Apple should have included ONE adapter for free and should have had them ready and available on launch day.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Shooter03 likes this.
    10-05-2012 03:30 PM
    Just happened to pop back into this thread and thought I would clarify something on the pricing of my cases. That pricing was if I were to have paid full retail for them, which I did not. There was one case that was gifted, a few were given as items for work, and the rest were acquired at a hefty discount. Not a chance I would spend that on all the cases, especially with there being 15-20 sitting in a bag here. My phone typically lives in a mophie juice pack pro, and my i5 will do the same as soon as it is available
    10-06-2012 12:17 AM
    Am I the only who really doesn't care about cable pricing? Or need multiples? I take care of the one Apple gave me in the box with my iP5 and use it for charging and syncing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-06-2012 01:41 AM
    The dreaded cable....seems to charge quicker
    10-06-2012 01:48 AM
    The dreaded cable....seems to charge quicker
    You mean there is a possibility that the new cable might do something better?? That would or could be a reason why it was changed. Perhaps it's a reason it's 19$.... To pay for R&D costs. But that kinda stuff doesn't matter. Everyone wants cheap 3rd party untested cables that will fry the phone and then people will expect Apple to Eat it cause they have to take it back!! Workers are striking at Foxconn but all people will care about is the 19$ cable they Expect to be for free....
    10-06-2012 02:24 AM
    That change should have been to the industry standard, micro USB, just like your wall outlet is standardized.
    10-06-2012 05:21 PM
    That's another reason I didn't buy the "5", I'm confused by the adapter. In order to make things less confusing, I'll just wait until the entire line is updated, which should soon happen with the new new iPad.

I don't even know what the new cord is even needed for, or how many adapters I'd have to buy, but I know the adoption rate is gonna be slow so.
    10-06-2012 05:33 PM
    That change should have been to the industry standard, micro USB, just like your wall outlet is standardized.
    Wall outlets are standardized across countries, and in some cases regions (North America, Western Europe), but they are not standardized globally. In the European Union, the standard cell phone charger connection is the micro-USB... but no standards elsewhere.

Take 2 minutes and review this article... you'll see just how standard wall outlets are across the globe.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets
    Last edited by Fausty82; 10-06-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    10-06-2012 05:34 PM
    ...but I know the adoption rate is gonna be slow so.
    Yup. Only 5 million opening weekend.
    10-06-2012 06:25 PM
    MicroUSB is an inferior connector. It cannot do everything lightning can.
    10-06-2012 07:03 PM
    That's another reason I didn't buy the "5", I'm confused by the adapter. In order to make things less confusing, I'll just wait until the entire line is updated, which should soon happen with the new new iPad.

I don't even know what the new cord is even needed for, or how many adapters I'd have to buy, but I know the adoption rate is gonna be slow so.
    You're confused? What in gods name is there to be confused about.
    10-06-2012 07:04 PM
    Troll at work.
    10-06-2012 07:54 PM
110 ... 2345