Given all of the issues, Mobility Digest says yes:

http://mobilitydigest.com/was-the-ip...to-market-why/

If you read it objectively, the article makes sense. Whether or not their is any truth to it is a whole different story.
    10-03-2012 04:07 PM
    It would be interesting to see what the actual percentage of phones manufactured actually have the 4-5 common issues people are reporting. 5%? 10%? 20%?
    10-03-2012 04:09 PM
    I agree with baseballbert. I would love to know how many phones have these issues. Personally, I've only had the wifi connect issue but it was corrected within an hour or so. Other than that, my phone is great. I've had similar issues with Blackberry and HTC Android devices when they are 1st released. Does it mean they were released too so, no. It just means there are kinks to workout. There's no such thing as perfect, even when it comes to Apple.
    10-03-2012 04:30 PM
    Apparently the author of this article never had a Palm Pre.

But most of these issues are software bugs, one in particular a software app. I do agree about the mats used being questionable.
    10-03-2012 04:45 PM
    The same thing was said about the 4S when people were having problems with Siri initially (when the network was overwhelmed).

...and then before that when the 4 was released where the "rushed release" followed "antenna gate".

...and then before that with the 3GS when the white iPhone developed cracks around the headphone jack and some of them were turning yellow on the back (due to heat).

...and then before that when the 3G came out because there was no MMS included with that phone on launch day.

...and then before that with the original iPhone because nobody knew what to expect so all the naysayers expected the worst before even getting their hands on it.

And you know what the funny thing is about all of it? Every one of the iPhone's has broken the previous iPhone's records, and ALL of them had a SUBSTANTIALLY high consumer satisfaction rating.

People will find something tiny and turn it into news, and if enough people buy into it, you actually start a trend...the good thing for those who actually use and enjoy iPhone's is this, we all know the negative tidal waves are a load of horse sh*t.
    10-03-2012 05:17 PM
    Given that they were most likely working on the iPhone 5 design and stuff not to long (if not during) after the 4S.
    10-03-2012 06:14 PM
    People will find something tiny and turn it into news, and if enough people buy into it, you actually start a trend...the good thing for those who actually use and enjoy iPhone's is this, we all know the negative tidal waves are a load of horse sh*t.
    Gotta love media today... when they can't find anything to report on, they just make **it up as they go...
    10-03-2012 06:22 PM
    Yup - happens every time a new iPhone comes out... "The sky is falling" syndrome... They can't write good stories so revert to sh*tting over the latest and greatest.
    10-03-2012 07:27 PM
    I guess I got a Q/A pass phone lol.
    10-03-2012 07:44 PM
    I have not noticed any of these issues with my device personally. Utterly the best phone experience I've ever had. I'm unsure about the performance of my battery; however, it could be poor just to overuse.
    10-03-2012 10:55 PM
    The fact that they claim no other device exhibits the purple fringing with bright light makes their entire list suspect. EVERY camera is susceptible to that fringing/spots.
    10-03-2012 11:49 PM