Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Not my fault apple didn't put a bigger battery in...

Go look at the my post and your reply. I showed a pic of how long the battery lasted, running lte, all the running radios, screen size/brightness, and battery size. You omitted battery size. Why? This is dishonest. That is what I mean by full disclosure.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
9yzy6epu.jpg
Yes, mine is the Razr Maxx HD with the 3300mAh battery... But in my opinion it IS fair to compare the two. I've got a phone that is roughly the same thickness as an iPhone but has to power a larger screen and a less efficient OS. People make statements about iPhones last longer than android phones on batteries all the time.... That's like saying your car is faster than mine... But after we race, you say "well that's not fair because you have more power than I do." So what? You said yours would go faster... You didn't specify that our engines had to be the same before we raced. Lol.

Still feel the same way

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Go look at the my post and your reply. I showed a pic of how long the battery lasted, running lte, all the running radios, screen size/brightness, and battery size. You omitted battery size. Why? This is dishonest. That is what I mean by full disclosure.

Dude, give up on this guy. I got into this same debate earlier; he still doesn't get it.
You're missing the point of my statement. I wasn't saying it just to say it. I was pointing out that these battery problems aren't limited to any specific hardware, and therefore must be related to the OS.

For battery comparisons, I don't even consider the Maxx since it's already at the top of that list. We're comparing similarly sized phones with batteries of about the same amperage.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1352095530.212226.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1352095530.212226.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 50

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm just curious, why are you here? I'm not attacking you, just asking. It seems your only posts about the 5 are negative and most of your stance is pro-android. If that is true, there are alternate android forums for you to share your love with other android folk. Here you simply spread negativity and argue with other members. Perhaps you enjoy that. Perhaps you are indeed trolling. Regardless, you don't seem to agree with others so perhaps a nice Galaxy S3 or Razr Maxx forum would better suit your tastes.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious, why are you here? I'm not attacking you, just asking. It seems your only posts about the 5 are negative and most of your stance is pro-android. If that is true, there are alternate android forums for you to share your love with other android folk. Here you simply spread negativity and argue with other members. Perhaps you enjoy that. Perhaps you are indeed trolling. Regardless, you don't seem to agree with others so perhaps a nice Galaxy S3 or Razr Maxx forum would better suit your tastes.

Alright, first of all look at the title of this thread. It's been said before in this very thread that the OP is basically inviting the argument... I didn't start it, just participated in it.

Second, not once have I started a thread myself with the intent of arguing about this kind of crap. The threads I have participated in lately were for the most part intended to compare the two platforms in some way. I haven't come here with ill intent.... But having had the 4, 4S, and 5 along with the S3 and Maxx HD I believe it gives me the right to have an opinion on the matter... Probably even more so than some of these apple fan boys that had an android phone 3yrs ago and didn't like it.

And third, i am a member of an android forum... And these types of threads don't exist over there, the only mention of apple I see is how glad the person is to have something different or "better" for them. In fact there's not much mention of an iPhone at all. What does that say about this forum if there's so many people talking or considering android? Seems like there's a lot more unhappy people over here... Lol.

So to follow up, I'm here partly because I have an iPhone still on my account and I like to keep up with what's going on, so I read....Partly because people on this forum insist on starting threads like this that inevitably turn into complete BS... And partly because I have every right to be, just like you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This thread was a retaliatory thread towards all the trolling threads that started when the iPhone 5 was released...all the so called "comparison" threads that were little more than bait material for arguments.

Also, you don't find people trolling on the android forums because, at least around here on iMore, you don't have members trying to go else where to PROVE one phone's superiority over another...that seems to be a trait of android fanboys (for the most part).

It's all good though, this thread should have been closed weeks ago.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
And third, i am a member of an android forum... And these types of threads don't exist over there, the only mention of apple I see is how glad the person is to have something different or "better" for them. In fact there's not much mention of an iPhone at all. What does that say about this forum if there's so many people talking or considering android? Seems like there's a lot more unhappy people over here... Lol.

You are joking right? Androidforums has been littered with this very topic. Almost like there is an insecurity that must be remedied by refuting the "fruit company"and its products. If you remove your selective reading lenses you will find this forum provides countless entries of people who have left android for iPhone or better yet, tried android and couldn't come back fast enough.

I'll gladly accept your other points. But this one in particular is nowhere near accurate.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well this thread is just shambles. All you people want some straight facts? Well then listen up. I'm not here to influence my opinion or to be dumb enough to participate is your childish arguments. I have owned a DROID, DROID X, galaxy nexus, iPhone 4 and 4s, and now I'm on the s3. I have had only 1 issue with my iPhone 4s locking up and it was a hardware issue. I went through 7 droids, 1 DROID X (it was just old and worn out), nexus was the worst device I have ever owned. IPhone 4s was awesome, I miss it. IPhone 4 was OK, I think the reason I didn't like the 4 is because I hated iTunes and the screen size plus it wasn't overly smooth like 4s. (now that I'm using the s3... Oh I just don't understand why people like large screen phones). I hope to get a iPhone 5 soon. The s3 has is pros but it's not for me. I hate the super amoled screen. Looks like trash unless your close to full brightness. Battery life is actually really good and we can congratulate qualcomm on the S4 processor for that. Responsiveness on the s3 is good when u first get it and after factory restores, just like other Android phones. For some reason the DROID X never had this issue and the DROID was fine until they updated it. To make the s3 usable I had to use a custom texting app and keyboard. The s3 is a good piece of hardware that needs some bug fixes, and overall I'm happy with it but regret the getting rid of my 4s. The Android market is about as trashed as the metal on the titanic. It catching up to apple store only because of the countless number of junk apps.

Android, oh the customizable possibilities... Yea right.. One you some sort of launcher or crap on it its as slow as the phone u replaced. This is where iOS really shines.

And tonyou guys talking about the battery life... Get with it. If you put and bigger batter in a device its going to last longer.. Who would have thought?? Wanna know something crazy? The i5 battery is not but like 7mwh larger then the 4s. And it powers a larger screen and LTE and still can keep up with or surpass the 4s. That's amazing. What not amazing is slapping a big battery on a inefficient piece of hardware and called it efficient and effective. My brother gets amazing life out of his rezound with the extended battery. So I should compare his battery life with my 4s?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yep, time to end this thread. It's served its purpose and proven beyond any doubt that the iphone 5 is by far better than the S3. I already look forward to the "why the iphone 5 or 5S is better than the galaxy S4" thread. And I know you do too..

localhost8080

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
im not sure its better, it is different.

id have an apple device over an android one, but thats because of apples infrastructure:

app store
consistant UI (mostly)
itunes
itunes match
icloud
etc

it all means that each of my apple devices (macbook air, ipad mini, iphone, apple tv, airplay speakers) work as a frontend to my data and the experience is comparable on each.

the best that you can do from anyone else is from microsoft:

win8 laptop
win8 phone
windows rt surface

google dont have a desktop os, and its unfair to compare their chromebooks to a mac or pc :)

iA

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Apple has better Design the iPhone 5 feels better in the hands and its faster and thinner and is not cheep plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro