Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3

Status
Not open for further replies.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
"In the end though I've found I want to spend time actually using my phone and just pick it up and go. I don't want to spend weeks getting everything little thing tweaked. I'd rather spend all that time living instead of setting up my phone in an endless loop of customization."

Yup, that's what is starting to win me over; to each his/her own I don't understand why this is such an emotional deal for some people . . .

Edit - re-read op and adjusted my post accordingly (removed snarky sarcasm)

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
"In the end though I've found I want to spend time actually using my phone and just pick it up and go. I don't want to spend weeks getting everything little thing tweaked. I'd rather spend all that time living instead of setting up my phone in an endless loop of customization."

Yup, that's what is starting to win me over; to each his/her own I don't understand why this is such an emotional deal for some people . . . Or in this case why the op had to come over here and pick a fight under the baloney costume of "i just want to know . . ."

I don't think this post was to pick a fight at all. Some people are just curious because they don't know. I joined this forum well before I had an iPhone because I didn't know anyone that could give me a "real" reason as to why the iPhone is a good device. All I heard was "because its Apple" and that wasn't a good enough answer for me. While I loved my MacBook at the time, I wasn't convinced that the iPhone was for me. I wanted more information and since I loved Android Central and CrackBerry before that, I figured this was the place to come. Not everyone from other platforms is a troll trying to start an argument.

XCalibration17

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had a droid, a droid x, and an HTC Incredible 2. In between those I have also had 2 iPhone 4's and now I have an iPhone 5. When I first got an iPhone I thought it was boring and unappealing so I sold it off and got an Incredible 2 (by far the best android phone I owned). I rooted all 3 android phones I had and had endless customization and I loved it. Then my wife got the iPhone 4 and shortly after it got upgraded to iOS 5. I played around with it and I loved iOS 5 so I thought I would give it another shot so I bought another iPhone 4. I had that phone up until I upgraded to the iPhone 5. I have loved my iPhone since I got it the second time thanks to iOS 5. To me everything just works with it. My music syncs easily, my photos automatically sync to my MacBook, everyone in my family used iMessage and FaceTime and it helps me keep in touch. I wouldn't be opposed to trying Android again, I even thought about getting the GS3 instead of the iPhone 5. But, I am glad I got my 5. I love it. I have nothing against either. They both are great platforms and there are endless possibilities for both. In the end it depends on what you want and what you are going to be doing with your phone. I hope this helps someone but this is just my 2 cents on the topic.

Goofypook

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Yup, that's what is starting to win me over; to each his/her own I don't understand why this is such an emotional deal for some people . . . Or in this case why the op had to come over here and pick a fight under the baloney costume of "i just want to know . . ."

You can think what you want, but trust me if wanted to start a fight I would've by now...I get no joy in meaningless arguments. I am interested in the information, and I'm thankful too those who have added insight.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The only fail here is if continue to do your best to turn this into a flame war. I understand that there are countless articles, but the point of this post was so intelligent Iphone users could specify what they like about their iphones and why they think its better...Not some "expert" who spent a week playing with both phones...Who cares what they think. This isnt about an argument its about YOU having an Iphone and why YOU like it without some knucklehead coming on here and telling you your stupid for having an Iphone...

You took the title and ran with it with little regard with anything else I said in my initial post....

No I didn't just take your title and run with it. Also, I didn't try to turn this into a flame war as I was not the initial poster. Take a look at your initial post:
"... I'm hoping you can tell me why you are and will always be an iPhone person..." - I won't always be. How can I tell? How can anyone tell?
"... I want to know what real iPhone fans love about their phones and why they will only have iPhones and NEVER consider Anything else..." - wow really? NEVER? That's a bold statement. Are you saying we blindly follow?
" FYI I have an S3. Thanks in advance for keeping it civil and informative" - Seems like you knew what you might be getting into with that remark.
Either way, you got your answers but you could have worded it differently and not use such ABSOLUTE accusations. Yes, we love our iPhones but like I said, you could have worded it better.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
it either works better for you or it doesn't - simple as that.

it's a cellphone. there's no need to get in a fuss about who uses what. use what you like, and stop telling people that your choice is the better choice.

/rant

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I prefer my iPhone over the droid for couple reasons:

1. Nothing beats Apple's selection of apps. It's just.. mindblowingly large and diverse
2. The screen on the apple is brighter and better. I guess this all depends on which phones I'm comparing with (iphone vs. GS3)
3. There is no lag. I've used Droid before and after a while, it starts to lag. I used the iphone 4 for about 2 years and absolutely no lag.
4. This is just appearance wise, but I think the iPhone is absolutely breathtaking.
5. I feel like the iOS is more intuitive and simple to use.

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I've used android phones in between new iPhones, and I've found that I can't do without an iPhone because:

1. It's become part of who I am. Any other smartphone feels wrong.
2. the app ecosystem is 2nd to none
3. The design is always the best out there and uses the highest quality material. The SGS 3 looks nice but when you hold it, you can feel the cheap plastics, and the screen is of lower quality, even though the resolution is higher.
4. The phone is never slow. Lag is never a problem with ios.
5. The camera in my 4S is as good as any point and shoot. Even the best Android phones take mediocre pictures.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I will say this...all this talk about the gs3 having cheap plastics drives me nuts, or any phone for that matter. 99% of people put their phone in a case, revealing only the front glass which means WHO CARES what it's made of. It's gonna last just as long as an iPhone provided they're both equally protected, so I just don't get that argument. This goes for several other places I've read that...not just here.

FRoStYisGoD

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Over used every android device out their pretty much, and none of them compare to the iPhone. The ease of use of the iPhone and the no lag at all really, compared to android does it for me alone, never mind how good the iPhone looks and feels.

Apart from android not even having the same apps as the iPhone, nor the same quality no thanks.

From Sammy, to lg, to Motorola I've used them all, and yes they all do lag, Who ever tells I that they don't is lying. Like others have said I just want to pick up my phone and use and the iPhone does that. Android on the other hand does not, yes it's more customizable but that doesn't matter to me, the amount of the it takes to set up an android and keep it running smooth over the iPhone is a lot.

But then again that's just me and my preference from using all the phones pretty much.

Also wrote all of this on my phone so any spelling mistakes my bad just givin the heads up.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Over used every android device out their pretty much, and none of them compare to the iPhone. The ease of use of the iPhone and the no lag at all really, compared to android does it for me alone, never mind how good the iPhone looks and feels.

Apart from android not even having the same apps as the iPhone, nor the same quality no thanks.

From Sammy, to lg, to Motorola I've used them all, and yes they all do lag, Who ever tells I that they don't is lying. Like others have said I just want to pick up my phone and use and the iPhone does that. Android on the other hand does not, yes it's more customizable but that doesn't matter to me, the amount of the it takes to set up an android and keep it running smooth over the iPhone is a lot.

But then again that's just me and my preference from using all the phones pretty much.

Also wrote all of this on my phone so any spelling mistakes my bad just givin the heads up.

So my gs3 lags? How can you possibly know that and I don't?

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
You can think what you want, but trust me if wanted to start a fight I would've by now...I get no joy in meaningless arguments. I am interested in the information, and I'm thankful too those who have added insight.

I have re-read your op and adjusted my post accordingly. As someone else noted there are plenty of people that do what I accused you of doing and it gets old fast; however I read your post more carefully and feel I unfairly rushed to judgment and lumped you in with them. My apologies.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had a variety of android phones for the last year and a half, and I just returned to apple since the 5 addressed my biggest frustrations. (Small screen and no LTE) Coming back after wandering through a disparate number of android phones feels comfortable, almost like home. It just feels right, and its also brought to light a lot of the issues with android that I could never really pin down.

1) Hardware iterates far too rapidly. You get the 'big thing' and shortly thereafter the next big thing is already announced. Yes, technology will advance, but with android it was TOO fast and in a crazy cycle that ends up harming users when all is said and done.

2) Android still is not as polished as iOS. A lot of this comes from differing UX goals, but I shouldn't HAVE to find third party apps to replace core functions of the phone that don't work well. It has gotten much better since 4.0, but still isn't good enough. Then on top of that you have manufacturer overlays, all of which end up harming the ecosystem more than helping it. I shouldn't have to relearn how to use an android phone when switching between a Samsung, HTC, or Motorola.

3) AMOLED screens suck. They are fuzzy, with blown out colors, and generally get tiring to look at. This is specific to the Galaxy Nexus and S3, both of which I owned. You don't realize how truly awful these screens are until you use something that's really great. Some, like the One X have great screens, but that specific phone was hobbled by carrier influence.

4) Carriers have far too much say over android phones. The S3 bucked this trend slightly, but even that was subject to meddling. (See Verizon's S3) Right now, carriers can pick and choose which phones they want, and in some cases even design them. I have no doubt that Americans have missed out on some amazing android handsets thanks to carriers turning them down or messing with the design and features. This is extremely frustrating, especially if there's a manufacturer (Motorola for me) that can't put out a fantastic handset because of a carrier like Verizon.

5) The ecosystem just isn't as good. Apps are better than they once were, but are still inferior. Apps that I use regularly look and work better on iOS than they do on android. There's also more of them. Then you couple that with the music store, etc., and it becomes hard to swallow Googles inferior ecosystem.

6) Overall experience is better. The iPhone experience is just better overall, at least for me. I have a Mac, I have an iPad. I had an enormous amount of trouble syncing all of my android phones with my Mac, which was frustrating with the amount of music I listen to. With iCloud, having an iPhone just makes sense for me. Having an android phone didn't.

Just so you think I'm not informed, these are the android hands I've owned in the last three years:
-OG Motorola droid
-Nexus One
-Nexus S
-HTC Sensation
-HTC thunderbolt
-Droid charge
-Droid Bionic
-HTC Rezound
-Droid RAZR Maxx
-Galaxy Nexus
-Galaxy s3
-LG spectrum

In addition, I spent some time with:
-HTC One X
-Droid incredible 4g

keneo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have owned the 3GS and the 4S.
About 6 weeks ago I sold my 4S and got a Galaxy S3. I have decided to sell the S3 and buy the iPhone 5.

Here are some of the things I like and dislike between the two. It's not a full list. its just some of the things that I personally noticed beyond all the usual fanboy rants.

FIRST...
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE GALAXY S3...

Definitions: I can no longer easily look up words that I find on webpages. iOS's safari allows users to long-press any word in a webpage resulting in it's definition showing without leaving the page. I miss that. If you have an iPhone try it out: "ubiquitous"

No Reader: Safari has a feature known as "Reader" which removes all ads from a web page article and places it full screen with larger text. It automatically wraps text around so there's no need to scroll from side to side or shrink the page to fit when reading an article. But this is not a feature that my Galaxy S3 has and I really miss it.

No Undo?: making a typo in iOS is no big deal. Give the device a shake and you can make the boo-boo go bye-bye. But after 6 weeks I still haven't found a similar feature on my S3.

Screen: To my surprise the larger screen turned out to be a negative on the S3. it truly is uncomfortable to hold after a while. After handling the S3 for a few days, I understood why the new iPhone 5 is only be taller and not wider.

Also, although you hear many claims that the S3 screen is beautiful, I can only conclude that ithis is just people parroting what they have heard others say. In my own experience and observations, the S3 is necessarily and noticeably less vivid than even the iPhone "4". I compared some movie trailers side by side, (S3 and iPhone 4) with full brightness on both, and the S3 lost large chunks of details in shadows. and especially in high action sci-fi trailers with lots of fire and explosions. If you get the chance to do a side by side yourself, do it and you will see what I mean. I am surprised that there is little mention of this short fall out.

Battery life seems to suffer dramatically if you turn up the brightness.

Extra buttons get in the way: The S3's home button has two capacitor-style neighbors: a "back" button to the right and a "Menu" button to the left. As you would expect, the back button lets you return to previous screens within apps while the menu button avails app-specific actions. Too often I am accidentally pressing these buttons, especially when turning to landscape mode, or while using in landscape mode. It is an extra large pain when pressing the back button. And even when I actually do want to use these buttons, I find they are in an inconvenient position. Something that might solve both of these problems would be to place these buttons on the sides of the device in the same way the power and volume buttons are. That would be an advantage over Apple's soft back-button solution (usually appearing conveniently at the top of the screen), but as things stand now, these extra capacitor buttons are a disadvantage.

Another problem with even having a "menu button" is that it encourages developers to create an extra step to see menu choices in an app. Instead of placing a button on the screen, they hide it in the inconveniently placed menu button.

Home button on Galaxy S3 is too small and annoyingly difficult to press

Notification widgets: I miss the built in weather and Stock ticker that appears in the iOS notification center. I am still new to the Android platform so maybe I just dont know how to add one in, but it seems to me that there should just be one by default.

S-voice: Though I am in the minority, I used Siri daily on my iPhone 4S. Having watched many side-by side comparisons with S-voice I expected it to be an adequate replacement for Siri. Boy was I wrong. I am trying to keep this post short so suffice it to say S-voice does not even come close to Siri's speech recognition/comprehension capabilities (ICS).

My favorite apps are not available for android. iTeleport. StreamToMe. And after 3 weeks I have not found adequate substitutes. The apps seem to be much better done on iOS.

Predictive text on the S3 is a horrible experience. I tried for 4 weeks to live with it. but it just ended up costing me more time. I have since turned it off.

HERE IS WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE GALAXY S3

Widgets are cool

Maps (obviously) - S3 has google's built in turn by turn navigation: It's a BIG plus for Android. iOS 6 should EVENTUALLY catch up. But even then, street view is advantageous to have. It is well integrated with the nav system and has proven useful at least twice in the since I have owned the S3.

Google map location indicator is able to accurately show you which direction you are actually facing. As you turn the phone around , it turns with you. iPhone seems kinda flakey with that feature

The S-voice: features a sexy futuristic voice.

Multitasking: feature is much better than iPhone. It goes full screen showing screen shots. Much easier to see what you're working with.

Wi-Fi Sync: unlike my iPhone I was able to get wifi syncing to actually work

Hot Spot notifications: phone automatically notify you if there is a free open WiFi hotspot nearby.

Deleting notifications is a much better solution on Android. I like the way you slide away notifications to dismiss them

E-mail notifications

The S3 is easy to use as a flash drive, no special software required.

Last edited:

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My BIG reason for having an iPhone and selling my GS3 is it's not android.

Seriously. That's it.

Why? Because if you EVER get an android phone you don't know long it will be supported or if your device will get the next latest and greatest update while people who have phones that they got BEFORE yours was made are getting the update... etc. There is just no consistency. Also Andorid is a hive for adware as their "awesome" open market doesn't regulate as much as they should. You can't just explore random apps on android without the risk of your phone getting loading with ad's or worse... getting hacked. I downloaded apps on my GS3 that installed ads into my default pictures library, my homescreen in the form of widgets and in my notification bar. There are all these "mobile security" apps for android because the OS is unreliable and so are the marketplace contributors. Norton, McAffee, AVG... etc. They all have mobile security apps that you can pay for. But why should you have to?

So then why not WP7? Well WP7 is dead. I will be VERY insterested to see what WP8 has to offer and if it catches on and gets some support. I loved my Lumia 900!

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have owned the 3GS and the 4S.
About 6 weeks ago I sold my 4S and got a Galaxy S3. I have decided to sell the S3 and buy the iPhone 5.

Here are some of the things I like and dislike between the two. It's not a full list. its just some of the things that I personally noticed beyond all the usual fanboy rants.

FIRST...
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE GALAXY S3...

Definitions: I can no longer easily look up words that I find on webpages. iOS's safari allows users to long-press any word in a webpage resulting in it's definition showing without leaving the page. I miss that. If you have an iPhone try it out: "ubiquitous"

No Reader: Safari has a feature known as "Reader" which removes all ads from a web page article and places it full screen with larger text. It automatically wraps text around so there's no need to scroll from side to side or shrink the page to fit when reading an article. But this is not a feature that my Galaxy S3 has and I really miss it.

No Undo?: making a typo in iOS is no big deal. Give the device a shake and you can make the boo-boo go bye-bye. But after 6 weeks I still haven't found a similar feature on my S3.

Screen: To my surprise the larger screen turned out to be a negative on the S3. it truly is uncomfortable to hold after a while. After handling the S3 for a few days, I understood why the new iPhone 5 is only be taller and not wider.

Also, although you hear many claims that the S3 screen is beautiful, I can only conclude that ithis is just people parroting what they have heard others say. In my own experience and observations, the S3 is necessarily and noticeably less vivid than even the iPhone "4". I compared some movie trailers side by side, (S3 and iPhone 4) with full brightness on both, and the S3 lost large chunks of details in shadows. and especially in high action sci-fi trailers with lots of fire and explosions. If you get the chance to do a side by side yourself, do it and you will see what I mean. I am surprised that there is little mention of this short fall out.

Battery life seems to suffer dramatically if you turn up the brightness.

Extra buttons get in the way: The S3's home button has two capacitor-style neighbors: a "back" button to the right and a "Menu" button to the left. As you would expect, the back button lets you return to previous screens within apps while the menu button avails app-specific actions. Too often I am accidentally pressing these buttons, especially when turning to landscape mode, or while using in landscape mode. It is an extra large pain when pressing the back button. And even when I actually do want to use these buttons, I find they are in an inconvenient position. Something that might solve both of these problems would be to place these buttons on the sides of the device in the same way the power and volume buttons are. That would be an advantage over Apple's soft back-button solution (usually appearing conveniently at the top of the screen), but as things stand now, these extra capacitor buttons are a disadvantage.

Another problem with even having a "menu button" is that it encourages developers to create an extra step to see menu choices in an app. Instead of placing a button on the screen, they hide it in the inconveniently placed menu button.

Home button on Galaxy S3 is too small and annoyingly difficult to press

Notification widgets: I miss the built in weather and Stock ticker that appears in the iOS notification center. I am still new to the Android platform so maybe I just dont know how to add one in, but it seems to me that there should just be one by default.

S-voice: Though I am in the minority, I used Siri daily on my iPhone 4S. Having watched many side-by side comparisons with S-voice I expected it to be an adequate replacement for Siri. Boy was I wrong. I am trying to keep this post short so suffice it to say S-voice does not even come close to Siri's speech recognition/comprehension capabilities (ICS).

My favorite apps are not available for android. iTeleport. StreamToMe. And after 3 weeks I have not found adequate substitutes. The apps seem to be much better done on iOS.

Predictive text on the S3 is a horrible experience. I tried for 4 weeks to live with it. but it just ended up costing me more time. I have since turned it off.

HERE IS WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE GALAXY S3

Widgets are cool

Maps (obviously) - S3 has google's built in turn by turn navigation: It's a BIG plus for Android. iOS 6 should EVENTUALLY catch up. But even then, street view is advantageous to have. It is well integrated with the nav system and has proven useful at least twice in the since I have owned the S3.

Google map location indicator is able to accurately show you which direction you are actually facing. As you turn the phone around , it turns with you. iPhone seems kinda flakey with that feature

The S-voice: features a sexy futuristic voice.

Multitasking: feature is much better than iPhone. It goes full screen showing screen shots. Much easier to see what you're working with.

Wi-Fi Sync: unlike my iPhone I was able to get wifi syncing to actually work

Hot Spot notifications: phone automatically notify you if there is a free open WiFi hotspot nearby.

Deleting notifications is a much better solution on Android. I like the way you slide away notifications to dismiss them

E-mail notifications

The S3 is easy to use as a flash drive, no special software required.

Several of the reasons you listed why you didn't like it could have easily been remedied by downloading stuff from the play store. My iPhone 5 is definitely going back today.

Goofypook

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I have re-read your op and adjusted my post accordingly. As someone else noted there are plenty of people that do what I accused you of doing and it gets old fast; however I read your post more carefully and feel I unfairly rushed to judgment and lumped you in with them. My apologies.

No apologies needed my friend. I probably couldve worded things a little differently, but I think most people understand my angle. I just am curious and would like to know. If I had the extra discressionary income I would love to actually by a Iphone 5 and give it a test run, but since I am unlimited data grandfathered in, i have been forced to buy all of my phones via retail price, and that gets pricey lol

keneo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Several of the reasons you listed why you didn't like it could have easily been remedied by downloading stuff from the play store. My iPhone 5 is definitely going back today.

Hi,
Can you help me out? What should I download to remedy my complaints about the S3?
I intended to try out the S3 for longer, but I was missing my iOS features too much.

Obviously the problems with the S3 screen quality, and size can't be helped.
But if there is a way to tweak the software, then I would be willing to hold on to it a little longer.

In particular...
-I really wish someone would port iTeleport and StreamToMe to android. I have found some VNC and streaming clients but they just aren't as good as I am used to on iOS.
-predictive text on the S3 really is a disaster for me. A couple of times I have managed to send some hilariously inappropriate messages.
-A Stock Widget and Weather widget in the notification center. Is it possible to get it in there? I really miss those.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:30 PM ----------

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Download a different browser...Opera Mobile, Opera Mini, and Boat Browser all do text reflow which rewraps the text in a paragraph depending on how far you zoom in. Meaning, you don't have to hit a reader button and increase the font size like on the iPhone, all you do is pinch to zoom on the text and it automatically reformats that text to fit your screen. You can zoom in so far that you can read it from across the room if you wanted to.

Battery life seems to suffer dramatically if you turn up the brightness..

I've compared side by side...with both my S3 and iPhone 5 at around the same brightness, the battery life is only slightly better on the iPhone 5...but still, better is better

Extra buttons get in the way: The S3's home button has two capacitor-style neighbors: a "back" button to the right and a "Menu" button to the left. As you would expect, the back button lets you return to previous screens within apps while the menu button avails app-specific actions. Too often I am accidentally pressing these buttons, especially when turning to landscape mode, or while using in landscape mode. It is an extra large pain when pressing the back button. And even when I actually do want to use these buttons, I find they are in an inconvenient position. Something that might solve both of these problems would be to place these buttons on the sides of the device in the same way the power and volume buttons are. That would be an advantage over Apple's soft back-button solution (usually appearing conveniently at the top of the screen), but as things stand now, these extra capacitor buttons are a disadvantage..

Personal preference....I actually feel it's more intuitive to have a back button next to your thumb rather than all the way at the top of the screen on the other side

I've got weather in my notification center...all i did was download weatherbug, but accuweather and others do the same and it gives the same information as iOS does. I don't deal with stocks, but a simple widget placed on the screen would be easy, and there may even be an app that does the same as the weather by placing it in the notification center

This one I wholeheartedly agree with you on...Siri is the main reason I might keep the iPhone, but with google now and updated voice search coming in Jelly Bean that will change. Only question is when I would get it. There are other options, but the only one I've found that even comes sort of close is AIVC...it looks and works almost exactly like siri, just still not as good.

Works both ways...there are apps on my S3 I can't find on the iPhone. Just part of it

There are COUNTLESS replacement keyboards in the play store...swiftkey 3 is widely accepted as probably the best touchscreen keyboard, iPhone included. Swype is loved by many, but not me. There are several available replacements...Jelly Bean stock keyboard is pretty close to iOS keyboard actually. I use Swiftkey 3, I'd say i can type equally fast on that or the iPhone 5.

Hi,
Can you help me out? What should I download to remedy my complaints about the S3?
I intended to try out the S3 for longer, but I was missing my iOS features too much.

Obviously the problems with the S3 screen quality, and size can't be helped.
But if there is a way to tweak the software, then I would be willing to hold on to it a little longer.

In particular...
-I really wish someone would port iTeleport and StreamToMe to android. I have found some VNC and streaming clients but they just aren't as good as I am used to on iOS.
-predictive text on the S3 really is a disaster for me. A couple of times I have managed to send some hilariously inappropriate messages.
-A Stock Widget and Weather widget in the notification center. Is it possible to get it in there? I really miss those.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:30 PM ----------

It all comes down to preference....for me I'm still deciding, but leaning towards returning the iPhone 5.

S3- big screen, as fast or faster than the iPhone 5, text reflow in the browser makes for much easier reading
iPhone 5- more comfortable to hold, Siri is a big plus, slightly better battery, slightly better camera

BOTH of them "just work", at least in my experience...so the reliability argument is pointless on me

Status
Not open for further replies.