I prefer iOS over Android because the apps/programs are better. Camera....
    Really???? Camera?? I took this with my S3. I returned my i5 a couple days ago. After using the i5 camera (its a great camera too) for two weeks, I could not see a difference between the two. Its a toss up to me.

Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3-20120814_085059.jpg
    10-21-2012 02:05 PM
    Really???? Camera?? I took this with my S3. I returned my i5 a couple days ago. After using the i5 camera (its a great camera too) for two weeks, I could not see a difference between the two. Its a toss up to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120814_085059.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	21313
    I had both as well.... I have comparison shots somewhere on here but I can't remember what thread they're in. The iPhone 5's camera is better for sure comparing side by side.... Colors are more realistic and not as washed out. The s3's camera is pretty good though.
    10-21-2012 02:17 PM

The iPhone definitely has better colors. You may not notice it as much on a close up like you have there, but in scenery pictures its definitely noticeable.
    10-21-2012 03:18 PM

The iPhones camera is better, both in the quality of pictures and in the hardware itself.
    10-21-2012 06:00 PM

Whether you see it or not, the iPhone 5 is pretty widely regarded as having the better camera...to me there's really no argument, the camera on the iPhone is better in every facet a picture can be judged by, but i guess some people wont "see" the differences in order to maintain satisfaction with an inferior camera.
    10-21-2012 06:04 PM
    Yeah I know what ya mean...
    Cool story, bro.
    Must be why my friends have stuck with their Razrs and S2s and not gone to iPhone for its better battery life.
    10-21-2012 07:10 PM
    Cool story, bro.
    Must be why my friends have stuck with their Razrs and S2s and not gone to iPhone for its better battery life.
    You brought it up.... And I've had iPhones.... No iphone I've ever had would do that.
    10-21-2012 07:17 PM
    You brought it up.... And I've had iPhones.... No iphone I've ever had would do that.
    And what is the battery amperage on that phone?
    10-21-2012 07:23 PM
    And what is the battery amperage on that phone?
    Why does it matter? Your the one who made the broad statement about bad battery life on android phones...
    mellimel2212 likes this.
    10-21-2012 07:26 PM
    Why does it matter? Your the one who made the broad statement about bad battery life on android phones...
    Yes, a statement made after witnessing multiple friends switch after having a ridiculous amount of trouble with their battery life, regardless of the manufacturer. It seems to me that since it's not limited to one brand of phone it has something to do with the OS, which happens to be Android. A rather simple deduction. In regards to the amperage, I asked since your screen looks like a that of a Razr, and possibly a Razr Maxx (I've never seen the UI of a Maxx), and comparing a 3300mAh battery to a 14xx mAh battery isn't fair, no matter how you spin it.
    Last edited by Exxod; 10-21-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    10-21-2012 07:38 PM
    Yes, a statement made after witnessing multiple friends switch after having a ridiculous amount of trouble with their battery life, regardless of the manufacturer. It seems to me that, since it's not limited to one brand of phone, that it has something to do with the OS, which happens to be Android. A rather simple deduction. In regards to the amperage, I asked since your screen looks like a that of a Razr, and possibly a Razr Maxx (I've never seen the UI of a Maxx), and comparing a 3300mAh battery to a 14xx mAh battery isn't fair, no matter how you spin it.
    And neither is making a statement implying that all android phones get bad battery life... I've had several android phones that had no problem lasting a full day or more on a charge. Original DROID, DROID X, DROID x2, HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Razr, Galaxy S3, and now the Razr Maxx HD all have been good enough for me to last long enough to not have to re charge throughout the day. It has a lot to do with how the phone is set up... And I don't mean turning everything off. Most people that are new to android (seen it myself with friends) don't even realize you don't have to use all the widgets and multiple screens full of crap that is just wasting the battery. I USE my phones, I don't let them sit idle all day, and I manage to get good battery life... So it IS possible. Yes, mine is the Razr Maxx HD with the 3300mAh battery... But in my opinion it IS fair to compare the two. I've got a phone that is roughly the same thickness as an iPhone but has to power a larger screen and a less efficient OS. People make statements about iPhones last longer than android phones on batteries all the time.... That's like saying your car is faster than mine... But after we race, you say "well that's not fair because you have more power than I do." So what? You said yours would go faster... You didn't specify that our engines had to be the same before we raced. Lol.
    10-21-2012 08:05 PM
    I hear people with HTC's, Motorola's, and S2's always complaining about how their phones are dead within 4-6 hours regardless of how they use them.
    I can easily get 4 hours on my phone my max time is about 8 or 9 hours with HEAVY use moderate use about 10 or 11

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    10-21-2012 09:04 PM
    And I've gotten a day out of my ns4g so its not just ANDROID

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    10-21-2012 09:11 PM
    Here's a screenshot from my GS3. I get great battery life out of mine. Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3-uploadfromtaptalk1350868580318.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    10-21-2012 09:16 PM
    Whether you see it or not, the iPhone 5 is pretty widely regarded as having the better camera...to me there's really no argument, the camera on the iPhone is better in every facet a picture can be judged by, but i guess some people wont "see" the differences in order to maintain satisfaction with an inferior camera.
    Sean... can you help me out? I cant figure out where the WB or ISO settings are on the i5 camera. I can find them on the S3, but not on the i5. Where are they?
    10-21-2012 09:34 PM
    Blah blah blah that's all I read anymore when people try to compare these two phones. Get over it and be happy with your own personal choice, stop trying to convince anyone that ones better than the other.

Tap'n Like a boss on my S3
    precon22 likes this.
    10-21-2012 09:42 PM
    I've had both devices. I prefer the 5 cuz it's a lot more user friendly more apps better battery better screen. Just love it. They r both great devices. But it's only what u prefer. The way I look at it. All iPhones are all on the same iOS. Easy to use with just one hand comfortably. Just think about it this way. Which device will u be happiest with for the next two years

Tapped out on my 5
    10-21-2012 10:03 PM
    Sean... can you help me out? I cant figure out where the WB or ISO settings are on the i5 camera. I can find them on the S3, but not on the i5. Where are they?
    Keep playing with your gimmicks, the phone's camera is still inferior (and if i was really hard up to get iso and white balance settings, i could download cameraPro in 2seconds)...i can go get an old Sony Ericsson camera phone with all of those options made 5 years ago, and it looks like the picture taken was shot through a glass of milk...the GSIII isn't that bad for sure, but it's definitely inferior in all categories (including white balance, which is kind of funny all things considered!)

And i know you don't want to compare night shots between the two...the noise level on the GSIII is humorous by comparison.

Then we get to the video shooting, lol...the race becomes less a competition and more a unfair comparison against the GSIII at that point.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 10-21-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    10-21-2012 10:13 PM
    Keep playing with your gimmicks, the phone's camera is still inferior...i can go get an old Sony Ericsson camera phone with all of those options made 5 years ago, and it looks like the picture taken was shot through a glass of milk...the GSIII isn't that bad for sure, but it's definitely inferior in all categories (including white balance, which is kind of funny all things considered!)
    Sean, White Balance and ISO settings are not "gimmicks". Automatic WB vs Automatic/Custom WB .. which is better? Changing your camera's ISO settings is a great feature, better than having Auto ISO only.

If you want to take a dumb/auto-everything picture then I guess the i5 is the better camera for you.

But as someone who wants more creative control over their camera the S3 camera is the better camera for me.
    10-21-2012 10:24 PM
    The camera on the iPhone 5 is so good I don't need to adjust settings. Have you ever owned an iPhone 5??
    10-21-2012 10:24 PM
    The camera on the iPhone 5 is so good I don't need to adjust settings. Have you ever owned an iPhone 5??
    Yes I have, I returned it last week. But I agree that the i5 a great point and shoot camera.
    10-21-2012 10:29 PM
    But as someone who wants more creative control over their camera the S3 camera is the better camera for me.
    Better for you does not equate to better for anyone else...
    10-21-2012 10:31 PM
    Sean, White Balance and ISO settings are not "gimmicks". Automatic WB vs Automatic/Custom WB .. which is better? Changing your camera's ISO settings is a great feature, better than having Auto ISO only.

If you want to take a dumb/auto-everything picture then I guess the i5 is the better camera for you.

Like i said before, if i want the settings, they are available with a 2sec. download, so comparing the GSIII's having the features vs. the iPhone 5 "needing" them is a moot point.

The iPhone 5's camera takes better pictures all around, even with the GSIII's native white balance and iso settings...it's been shown over and over again by comparison after comparison.

Creative control...lol. If these camera phones and point and shoots are all you have available to you, i can understand your interest in wanting to play with an almost pointless iso setting on any of the phones (or pre-shoot white balance)...the iPhone 5 doesn't require you adjust them to take a better picture, but you can have the options if you want to play around with them by downloading cameraPro.
    10-21-2012 10:33 PM
    Better for you does not equate to better for anyone else...
    How is my position any different than Sean's?????

- - - Updated - - -

Like i said before, if i want the settings, they are available with a 2sec. download, so comparing the GSIII's having the features vs. the iPhone 5 "needing" them is a moot point.

The iPhone 5's camera takes better pictures all around, even with the GSIII's native white balance and iso settings...it's been shown over and over again by comparison after comparison.

Creative control...lol. If these camera phones and point and shoots are all you have available to you, i can understand your interest in wanting to play with an almost pointless iso setting on any of the phones (or pre-shoot white balance)...the iPhone 5 doesn't require you adjust them to take a better picture, but you can have the options if you want to play around with them by downloading cameraPro.
    You obviously have narrow tastes in "a better picture". Good for you.
    MylesB likes this.
    10-21-2012 10:43 PM
    How is my position any different than Sean's?????
    You sound to me like there's an invisible "shut up, I know what I'm talking about and you don't" in your comments... All Sean is saying is the very things you whine are lacking in the iPhone stock camera app can be remedied by a trip to the App Store, and getting any one of several apps, rendering your arguments invalid.

You obviously have narrow tastes in "a better picture". Good for you.
    thanks for illustrating my point...
    10-21-2012 10:43 PM
278 ... 45678 ...