I unlocked my AT&T iPhone 5 yesterday for $8.46 using "UnlockFusion". Took less than 12 hours to get the unlock from them. I think Verizon and Sprint iPhone 5's might come unlocked? However, not the ones from AT&T unless you pay full retail for it. If anyone is looking for a cheap way to unlock their new iPhone 5 and don't qualify to have it done by AT&T for free due to 2 year contract, I would recommend looking into UnlockFusion. They are quick to unlock and 100% legit.

Here's a link to their site. (Mods please remove if this link isn't allowed). http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...84.m1497.l2649

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    Eric808 and SnapThrow like this.
    10-03-2012 08:28 AM
    Interesting...I've never heard of that company before (but i have seen these unlock codes being sold else where). You're the first person on this site i think I've actually read that used it and it worked and i trust the credibility of the report. I think I'll be giving them some business today...(especially with a trip over seas for a couple of weeks in the near future).
    10-03-2012 08:41 AM

Interesting...I've never heard of that company before (but i have seen these unlock codes being sold else where). You're the first person on this site i think I've actually read that used it and it worked and i trust the credibility of the report. I think I'll be giving them some business today...(especially with a trip over seas for a couple of weeks in the near future).
    I was a little unsure myself, Sean, as I have never tried this before. But being locked into a 2 year contract with AT&T and no way to unlock from them till it's over, I decided to give UnlockFusion a shot since they were less that $9. As they say in that link, within 5 minutes after I paid they sent me a link via email to give them my iPhone 5's IMEI number. Then in less than 12 hours I received another email from them letting me know that my iPhone was unlocked. I got that message posted above the minute I restored my iPhone in iTunes... Good luck, Sean, I think you'll have a positive experience with these guys as well.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    10-03-2012 08:50 AM
    Did this with both my 4S and 5. I used these same guys. Did through eBay though. Both unlocks within 12 hrs and both work with non At&T sim cards. Legit.
    10-03-2012 01:16 PM
    So, color me confused. What is the advantage to unlocking a phone and can this be done on Verizon?
    10-03-2012 01:29 PM
    So, color me confused. What is the advantage to unlocking a phone and can this be done on Verizon?
    For AT&T (GSM), it adds the ability to use the phone on another GSM carrier (T-Mobile), or internationally but using a local SIM. I don't know about the previous models. but the iPhone 5 on VZW is already unlocked on the international GSM side.

It also appears that this particular entity only unlocks AT&T phones.
    10-03-2012 01:35 PM
    The advantage is that you can put another carrier's SIM card in there and use it. If you travel a lot overseas, and want to use a local sim card from the country you are in, the phone must be unlocked. Otherwise you can leave your ATT sim card in there, and pay $2.00/minute, and $99999/mb.
    10-03-2012 01:40 PM
    Paid the $8.46 at 7:30am this morning received the email conformation that my iP5 is unlocked at 8:30am. Will restore via iTunes when I get home tonight to confirm all is good...
    10-03-2012 01:43 PM
    So, if going elsewhere (Canada, Europe) I can pop in another SIM for my Verizon phone and I am set since it comes unlocked?
    10-03-2012 01:48 PM
    So, if going elsewhere (Canada, Europe) I can pop in another SIM for my Verizon phone and I am set since it comes unlocked?
    Pretty much.
    10-03-2012 01:49 PM
    whoa, that's great! Do I just pop it in or do I have to go through a whole process each time? Also, any recs for a good source of said card?
    10-03-2012 01:54 PM
    Just restored my iP5 in iTunes and I'm unlocked... loading my backup right now. Not bad for less than $9...
    LCW, Fausty82 and Eileen89 like this.
    10-03-2012 07:49 PM
    I just unlocked my son-in-law's 4S... it went smooth as a baby's butt...
    Eileen89 likes this.
    10-03-2012 09:00 PM
    BTW, do I need to have a SIM from another carrier for the Unlock to work 100%?? Unfortunately, the AT&T nano SIM on my iPhone 5 is the Only SIM I have. I was gonna hold on the Unlocked so I can do it through Cellular Medic for $35. But if this is only a $9 fee I'm in!!
    10-03-2012 10:07 PM
    BTW, do I need to have a SIM from another carrier for the Unlock to work 100%??
    No... I have an AT&T iP5 and once I got the unlock verification email I restored in iTunes and the unlock was applied... no swapping of SIMs or anything. I then loaded the backup I made just prior to the restore and my iP5 is exactly as it was... just unlocked.
    Damien Davis likes this.
    10-03-2012 10:16 PM
    For AT&T (GSM), it adds the ability to use the phone on another GSM carrier (T-Mobile), or internationally but using a local SIM. I don't know about the previous models. but the iPhone 5 on VZW is already unlocked on the international GSM side.

It also appears that this particular entity only unlocks AT&T phones.
    They only unlock att cuz Verizon comes unlocked even for a AT&T sim or tmobile
    10-03-2012 10:22 PM
    BTW, do I need to have a SIM from another carrier for the Unlock to work 100%?? Unfortunately, the AT&T nano SIM on my iPhone 5 is the Only SIM I have. I was gonna hold on the Unlocked so I can do it through Cellular Medic for $35. But if this is only a $9 fee I'm in!!
    Actually you might. I used them to unlock my 4S and another company for my 5. When I purchased it on eBay for my 4S it listed 4 or 5 possible ways to unlock starting with a simple restore in iTunes. The first 2 methods did not work for my iPhone and I had to use the 3rd method that did require a non AT&T SIM card. At the end of the day all ways were pretty simple and the company was very helpful providing me with detailed steps for all of the methods so I would definitely recommend them. For my 5 the unlock went through with a simple restore and no other SIM card was required.

Plus, this not only let's you avoid crazy roaming fees, it increases your resell value.
    10-03-2012 10:27 PM
    Getting mine unlocked now. Should have confirmation in a day or two. Why? Just because I wanted to, no other reason lol.
    10-03-2012 10:37 PM
    Any similar function for an iPhone 4S on Verizon? Got the international unlock from Verizon so I'm going for traveling, but it would be great if I could jump to T-Mobile without replacing my phone.
    10-03-2012 10:39 PM
    Any similar function for an iPhone 4S on Verizon? Got the international unlock from Verizon so I'm going for traveling, but it would be great if I could jump to T-Mobile without replacing my phone.
    Pretty sure Verizon blocks US GSM carriers even when unlocked. You would need Gevey SIM I believe.
    10-03-2012 11:08 PM
    Official unlock from AT&T is free IF you are not on contract AN/OR meet their requirements. Doubt many with iPhone 5 will qualify. I'm only commenting because I've officially unlocked my AT&T iPhones (off contract) and needed an active valid AT&T SIM card to do so. Not sure if its the same with this company, just pointing out that for the official AT&T unlock you DO need a valid active sim from AT&T.
    10-03-2012 11:23 PM
    Pretty sure Verizon blocks US GSM carriers even when unlocked. You would need Gevey SIM I believe.
    You are correct they block US gsm carriers .. You can use a r sim iii but jailbreak is required so basically as of now you would need to be on 5.1.1 and not OS6
    10-03-2012 11:26 PM
    Just sent purchased my unlock!
    Eileen89 likes this.
    10-04-2012 12:05 AM
    Irish rose sounds familiar and this thread looks familiar.
    10-04-2012 01:50 AM
    I gotta ask, how is this company doing this exactly? (I know how unlocks work) but how is it getting into Apple's Database as I understand they have a database of unlocked devices. While I'm sure the unlocks are legit, it still has a sketchy feel to it to me.
    10-04-2012 02:09 AM
152 123 ...