Anyone else unlock their iPhone 5 yet?

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I got mine from Italy on the release date and they unlocked it for me as soon as i purchased it with the full retail price which is 849? for the 32GB model.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to restore, do I just leave my AT&T sim in? I dot have other sim.

You can leave your AT&T SIM card in when you restore, you'll still get the unlocked message in iTunes when it's finished.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow this is so fast and easy it's unreal for $6! I'm officially unlocked! Just restored once and iTunes confirmed unlocked.

Let me know if anyone had a chance to try a different sim.

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered mine. Is it necessary to restore? Has anyone verified it to work without restoring?
i dont think its necessary to restore it through itunes.i unlock my 4s on the above ebay seller and it works,i did not restore it because i gave it to my brother and he lives in the philippines and im in the US.i told him to put the new sim globe(philippines) and restart the phone and connect to a WIFI and it did work.i think connecting to a WIFI is necessary to enable to contact the server and finish the unlock process.so yesterday i unlock my 5 and didnt restore,all i did was check the IMEI number on this site iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status and it says unlocked whereas before it said locked.i think on IOS5 and 6 we dont need to connect to itunes in order to activate it just connect the iphone to a wifi or 3g/4g/lte.i apologize to my bad english grammar its my 3rd language:)

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i dont think its necessary to restore it through itunes.i unlock my 4s on the above ebay seller and it works,i did not restore it because i gave it to my brother and he lives in the philippines and im in the US.i told him to put the new sim globe(philippines) and restart the phone and connect to a WIFI and it did work.i think connecting to a WIFI is necessary to enable to contact the server and finish the unlock process.so yesterday i unlock my 5 and didnt restore,all i did was check the IMEI number on this site iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status and it says unlocked whereas before it said locked.i think on IOS5 and 6 we dont need to connect to itunes in order to activate it just connect the iphone to a wifi or 3g/4g/lte.i apologize to my bad english grammar its my 3rd language:)

RIght on, thanks. I'm from the Philippines too (Pampanga). Spent 12 years of my life there.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

No, they don't. Several reputable members of the tech media asked both Verizon and the FCC, and both said that the rules had nothing to do with it. Verizon's response was essentially, 'no one told us to, we just don't really care'.

joju58

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely right! No need to insert other provider's sim on iPhone5, i did unlocked and iTunes showed that most wanted message "phone is unlocked".

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No, they don't. Several reputable members of the tech media asked both Verizon and the FCC, and both said that the rules had nothing to do with it. Verizon's response was essentially, 'no one told us to, we just don't really care'.

They prob figured it will eliminate all the calls to get it unlocked lol it took them like a week to unlock my 4s

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow this is so fast and easy it's unreal for $6! I'm officially unlocked! Just restored once and iTunes confirmed unlocked.

Let me know if anyone had a chance to try a different sim.
I'm waiting till I can pick up a T-Mobile Nano sim card from my local T-Mobile store. Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer.

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:42 PM ----------

From what I've seen on just about every tech site that posts about the iPhone, they are all saying that Verizon's iPhone 5 is in fact being sold unlocked. MR members have reported that their Verizon iPhone 5 was unlocked. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/09/21/verizon-iphone-5-unlocked-att/

Where have you seen it posted where Verizon's iPhone 5 is locked?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting till I can pick up a T-Mobile Nano sim card from my local T-Mobile store. Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer.

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:42 PM ----------

From what I've seen on just about every tech site that posts about the iPhone, they are all saying that Verizon's iPhone 5 is in fact being sold unlocked. MR members have reported that their Verizon iPhone 5 was unlocked. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/09/21/verizon-iphone-5-unlocked-att/

Where have you seen it posted where Verizon's iPhone 5 is locked?

Mine is unlocked

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner