Just went to 1010 (service provider) to pick up my black iphone 5 (64Gig) the first one was scratched on the side of the monitor and the bezel. The guy then took out a second one telling me that this was the last one they could give me. The second one had a chip on the side of the monitor... If you are just picking up a new iphone REMEMBER to check it at the store, in case of any problems. Just a friendly reminder!
    10-03-2012 01:12 AM
    That sucks that so many have been damaged right outta the box.

Tap'n Like a boss on my S3
    10-03-2012 01:49 AM
    Does every single brand new iphone 5 come with scratches or minor dents? Hopefully Apple can resolve this problem.
    10-03-2012 02:40 AM
    I'm not sure, I was literally shocked when I saw that both iphone 5's had defects right out of the box. My friend picked up a white one from another carrier and it was chipped on the bottom of the phone.... I can't believe that a product that costs over $900 USD, can have such bad quality control.

I was even more shocked when the gut at the shop asked me which one I was going to choose... I told him, are you kidding me?! I'm signing and two year contract ($60usd/month) and paying $245usd on top to buy either a chipped or a scratched phone?!!

It seems like all carriers in Hong Kong have developed a take it or leave it attitude now that the iPhone 5 is out....
    10-03-2012 03:40 AM
    I'm not sure, I was literally shocked when I saw that both iphone 5's had defects right out of the box. My friend picked up a white one from another carrier and it was chipped on the bottom of the phone.... I can't believe that a product that costs over $900 USD, can have such bad quality control.

I was even more shocked when the gut at the shop asked me which one I was going to choose... I told him, are you kidding me?! I'm signing and two year contract ($60usd/month) and paying $245usd on top to buy either a chipped or a scratched phone?!!
    10-03-2012 03:41 AM
    Does every single brand new iphone 5 come with scratches or minor dents? Hopefully Apple can resolve this problem.
    No. The vast majority are absolutely fine. Mine for instance is flawless. I imagine you already realise that those who have issues with any items are naturally inclined to seek advice or to comment about them on or with those of a like-minded persuasion, such as a forum dedicated to the iPhone?

This is what makes places like this great; a gathering of all those aficionados of a certain brand sharing knowledge and advice with one another.
    tinysalmon likes this.
    10-03-2012 06:02 AM
    +1
    No not all the phones have the defects out of the box.
    10-03-2012 03:19 PM
    Mine was flawless.
    10-03-2012 03:29 PM
    mine didn't.

seems like I'm a lucky one...
    10-03-2012 06:43 PM
    Scuffgate! It's not just in Hong Kong. I think it's everywhere. Definitely in US as well.
    10-03-2012 08:09 PM
    One word in response to the question of whether all iPhones have problems out of the box. Denominator.
    10-05-2012 12:24 AM
    That sucks that so many have been damaged right outta the box.

Tap'n Like a boss on my S3
    "so many"? Do we have statistics on this? I don't know anybody personally who has had an issue. Just remember on the internet its a nit-picky vocal few that do not represent the majority. Especially on internet forums.
    10-05-2012 03:29 AM
    Think about it. The iphone 5 is sold out. If a store magically has two, its likely they were returns and there is also a reason why they havent been immediately resold.
    10-05-2012 08:37 AM