LED Status light?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The blackberry status led was awesome. I could tell who contacted me, and how they contacted me without even waking my phone. The iphone was is a nice try. Its only feature is that you have a notification, it does not continue nor does it alert you on the type of message or who it was even from.

do you even own an iDevice?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am really struggling why people leave one phone platform for another and then spend all of their waking hours complaining that it's not like the platform that they just abandoned. If people did sufficient research prior to jumping ship for the unknown. Investigate where you're going, then decide if what you're giving up is stuff you can live without. It's about choices and options.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is a topic on the led status light. I stated my opinion, others choose to state their belief in apple. I was not complaining, and have had idevices for the past 3 years. I know what to expect from them and i know what i can get out of them. If a blackberry fan hears abojt "iphone led" they will originally think of the traditional bb status led. My post explains what it is and what its limits are. I dont currently use the feature on my i5, but i can see it someday coming in handy if my phone is on silent but not near me.

[

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is a topic on the led status light. I stated my opinion, others choose to state their belief in apple. I was not complaining, and have had idevices for the past 3 years. I know what to expect from them and i know what i can get out of them. If a blackberry fan hears abojt "iphone led" they will originally think of the traditional bb status led. My post explains what it is and what its limits are. I dont currently use the feature on my i5, but i can see it someday coming in handy if my phone is on silent but not near me.

A BB like LED is a redundancy that is unneeded on the iPhone...especially considering that the LED was considered an important "feature" back when phones were still primarily phones (like most BB devices still are). Most smart phones are pocket computers these days that we keep with us more personally than anyone did when the LED was a big feature on the BB's. Back when i used BB's, i checked my phone about half as much as i do my iPhone because, quite simply, there wasn't as much going on outside phone calls and text's.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
That is why you have notifications on the screen. LED is old school and phone companies are learning not to use them in the newer devices and conserve battery.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The blackberry status led was awesome. I could tell who contacted me, and how they contacted me without even waking my phone. The iphone was is a nice try. Its only feature is that you have a notification, it does not continue nor does it alert you on the type of message or who it was even from.

I do the same thing by assigning different ring tones or alerts to people who call and text me.

I hated the LED on my BBs.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually, an LED is a great way to quickly check if you have a notification without even having to even pick up the phone. It's also easier on the battery than the screen coming on repeatedly to alert you. I would love it if my iP5 had one. It's about the only thing I miss from the Android and junkberry phones I have owned in the past.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I turned it on in settings and I don't see it blinking? Is everyone using or even know about it? Does it work for specific apps only? I'm getting txts and stuff but just get notification/badge in phone, no status light...

Can you possibly troll any harder?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually, an LED is a great way to quickly check if you have a notification without even having to even pick up the phone. It's also easier on the battery than the screen coming on repeatedly to alert you. I would love it if my iP5 had one. It's about the only thing I miss from the Android and junkberry phones I have owned in the past.

It is, the fanboys here will never admit it, until Apple adds one anyways, then it will be the best thing ever, and Apple will have invented it.

Oh and expect them to call you a troll for being in favor of one too, since that's what passes for debate here these days..:rolleyes:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It is, the fanboys here will never admit it, until Apple adds one anyways, then it will be the best thing ever, and Apple will have invented it.

Oh and expect them to call you a troll for being in favor of one too, since that's what passes for debate here these days..:rolleyes:

It's a simple concept... if one wants a freakin blinky light, the last thing they should buy is an iPhone. It is sheer idiocy to buy an iPhone, then itch-bay incessantly about how it has no blinky light.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's a simple concept... if one wants a freakin blinky light, the last thing they should buy is an iPhone. It is sheer idiocy to buy an iPhone, then itch-bay incessantly about how it has no blinky light.
True......sort of. I don't agree that one should NOT buy an iPhone because it doesn't have an LED indicator. I DO agree with the fact that one shouldn't cry about it after the fact when they know full well the iPhones don't have them. :)

Daniel Velez

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
it does have an LED indicator. I DO agree with the fact that one shouldn't cry about it after the fact when they know full well the iPhones do have them. :) just know how to use what you buy lol

Daniel Velez

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Their is an app to change the color of the led on the iPhone 5 and you can turn it on and off from their but if you don't know how to use your iPhone that another problem lol and I am a first timer on I-products lol research before buying

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Their is an app to change the color of the led on the iPhone 5 and you can turn it on and off from their but if you don't know how to use your iPhone that another problem lol and I am a first timer on I-products lol research before buying

It is impossible to change the color of the LED light on the iPhone as it only has a single color LED within the housing...short of putting colored filters over it or physically changing the LED to another color, there is zero way to change the color of the LED on the iPhone (any of them) with an app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73