Camera Focusing Issues iPhone 5

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
I am investigating this further but I am wondering if anyone is having problems with their iP5 and focusing.
When focusing on an object that is close the the lens, but does not fill it, my camera focuses on the background.
The focus box will show in the close object, but still focus on the background, even have the problem using focus lock. I will post some pictures.
I shoot pictures all the time with my phones and did not have this issue on my ip4 but I am going to test them side by side tomorrow.

Even with objects not as close, my pictures don't always come out clear.
(am a professional photog btw)

I noticed this when trying to photograph some caterpillars and chrysalis. The camera is capable of focusing, shows it to me in focus, and then goes out of focus and locks.photo.JPG

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
photo2.JPG

---------- Post Merged at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:55 PM ----------

So when you press the screen on the item you want it to focus on, it reverts back to the background when you take the picture?

the green box illuminates around the object I want in focus, it comes in sharp focus, and then goes out and locks.

Shirley R

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
HELP! For some reason the zoom on my camera quit working properly! When I zoom in on something, it takes pictures BELOW what I zoomin in on....I took about 20 pics. at my Grandson's wedding this weekend and ended up with the bottom 1/2 of the scene! Any advice?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
HELP! For some reason the zoom on my camera quit working properly! When I zoom in on something, it takes pictures BELOW what I zoomin in on....I took about 20 pics. at my Grandson's wedding this weekend and ended up with the bottom 1/2 of the scene! Any advice?

If you're absolutely sure that it is not user error then I recommend you take your iPhone 5 to a nearby Apple Store to have one of the geniuses look at it and possibly have it repaired/replaced.

Shirley R

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
IPhone5 Zoom problem

When I zoom in - say on a face, the photo I get is the body (or whatever is below what I zoom in on)!! This just started happening - sadly at my Grandson's wedding this past weekend and my out of town Great Grandson's visit! I have over 20 pictures with !/2 of what I focused on whatever was below (vertical pic.) or to the side (horizonal) of the subject I zoomed in on !! Pic. of boys on bridge was zoomed focused on them (the complete picture is taken witout zoom) I have looked at all of the settings but don't have a clue why this is happening...anyone???

Attachments

• iphoneproblem.jpg
    iphoneproblem.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure these two threads are related. The first issue seems to be a minimum focusing distance issue while the second seems to be a hardware issue.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Reading the thread, it definitely seems like a hardware issue, because it doesn't really make sense that it would actually take a picture of an out of frame area (as you indicated you were focused on another area at the time of the pic).

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to my camera on iPhone5. I had to completely power off the phone and then turn it back on and it fixed it. But it's def not just you. I'm also having focusing problems with things far away. Totally blurry pics. Really frustrated.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same issue with my camera focusing on my iPhone 5.. Nothing major but I do notice it.. Was thinking about doing something about it but just gonna have this till the iPhone 6 or whatever comes out then I will upgrade

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2