Sweat and the iphone 5

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I know the two combined cant be a good thing. I messsed up my last phone because my clothes are literally soaked while working out at the gym. With my iphone 5 in my pocket I'm sure sweat will damage the phone. Any of you guys have any good ideas on how to protect them? I was looking on amazon and they didnt really have anything that would protect the phone and keep it in my pocket. I am not the type to use an armband as i dont really use it to run.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I know the two combined cant be a good thing. I messsed up my last phone because my clothes are literally soaked while working out at the gym. With my iphone 5 in my pocket I'm sure sweat will damage the phone. Any of you guys have any good ideas on how to protect them? I was looking on amazon and they didnt really have anything that would protect the phone and keep it in my pocket. I am not the type to use an armband as i dont really use it to run.

Work out on a treadmill....and keep the phone placed on the treadmill.

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Your best bet is to just have cheap MP3 player to workout with unless you are expecting an important phone call. Get a nano or the smallest one. Then you dont have to worry about the 5 getting water damage.

I used to workout with my Palm Centro. The charge port at the bottom seemed designed to absorb water. I had 4 go bad on my from sweat. But that was a horribly designed phone anyways...

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
.......................they really need a dislike button. I wouldnt be posting this if i were only using those equipment. I weight train brosky, want me to set my phone on dumbells? lol someone with pertinent info please respond.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
.......................they really need a dislike button. I wouldnt be posting this if i were only using those equipment. I weight train brosky, want me to set my phone on dumbells? lol someone with pertinent info please respond.

Here is some pertinent information... Don't work out with your phone. You think ruining your last phone would have taught you that. If you need to have it on you so bad sign up on the lifeproof site to be notified when the cases are ready. Until then ziplock baggies work wonders. And try to be a little nicer to people who are trying to help you.

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I weight train brosky?
Is this Rex Kwan do?

No, I was the one kicked out of your gym(planet fitness.) Explains your "go workout on all cardio equipment" remark.

---------- Post Merged at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Dude, how was the kid tryna help me? LOL If you or anybody had read the dang post I would nt be posting in the first place if i was going to place it on exercise equipment!
Here it is again for the people who cant read or understand.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Bluetooth headphones, and put the phone somewhere it won't catch sweat. like Motorola S-10HD.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I would also say to try an armband. I wear one at times when I'm lifting so its not just for running. Try one out.

And I know what you mean because I go through the same. Some of these comments aren't helpful. You came to see of anything existed to help you protect the device not changing your workout routine lol.

Anyhow, try an armband because its not just for runners anymore. I also saw someone at the gym that had something that looked like a slimmer belt but it also had a pocket where he sat his iPhone. May try to find something like that. Or get a holster. Anything to get you by for that time in the gym.

Some things I saw on amazon.

iPod Carrier Belt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009XDLR...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU1932344

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042L0BU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU1932344

Last edited:

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you coming across sounding like a dbag has people not answering as much as you would like? Best bet for the time being would be to use an mp3 player besides the iphone of some sorts until Lifeproof releases their i5 case, or you could even go half-assed and use a ziploc. One of the guys I train with uses one and has had no issues.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Haha, this is a funny thread. To the OT though, I have the same issue. I weight train 4 times a week. I don't know what type of case you use (if you use a case at all) but I use a slim shell/holster combo like this one:

Platinum Series - Case with Holster for Apple? iPhone? 5 - Black - APC22SB

The case is SUPER low profile and protects the phone nicely. What I do is just place the phone in the holster and clip it inside my pocket with the clip facing out and the phone in my pocket. Since the screen is facing away from my body inside the holster, the only thing that may get a little sweat on it is the back of the case. This works really well for me since I don't do a ton of jumping around. You could always get an armband but I've found these hard to use while doing preacher curls or another similar workout. I've actually really been considering getting an iPod nano just for the gym since it would only be about a $46 investment and would be well worth it to protect my new i5. At any rate, try a couple of these things and see how it works out for you. Hope you find something that works for you.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Good point bra: I'd use a Dislike button for your craptastic attitude and posts.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I work out 5 times a week. That's my "me" time. The last thing I want to have with me is my phone. The world will get along just fine without me for an hour or so. I have the old iPod nano that is the size of a matchbook to listen to music.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner