iPhone 5's dead on arrival

Moose1331

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
How many of you have experienced this? My first iPhone 5 had speaker issues, and wouldn't play sounds or ring externally, though the headphones would work fine.

They were very good about replacing the unit without hassle.

UNFORTUNATELY my replacement has WiFi issues, and thinks it's connected but after a short period of time stops transferring data despite still showing that it's connected to WiFi.

I'm on hold with Apple now to arrange my SECOND replacement iPhone 5.

I think it's pretty amazing to have two broken phones right out of the box, one after another. I'm also thinking I can't be the only one with issues. I came from an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 4, neither of which ever had any issues, so this is totally mind-blowing to me. I'm very used to extremely high reliability in Apple products.

What about you guys? 3rd iPhone 5's a charm? (I effin hope it is...)

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
When you produce large quantities of things in a short time there's going to be issues. Sorry about your troubles. Test everything while your in the apple store next time. They will take care of you

jinye

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Apple's extremely aggressive attack to the phone market is what is causing these issues on the Iphones.

Like tattoaddict said, if you produce large quantities in a short time, the probability of defectiveness in the product is greater... There's a trade-off between quality and time to produce a certain good.

Good luck in your 3rd Iphone though! Hope your issues don't happen when my Iphone arrives...

Moose1331

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll post my results late tomorrow. I have my appointment and some errands earlier in the day. Lets hope I can shed a positive light on this finally...

I will say that apple's customer support has exceeded expectation incredibly. They phone you immediately after you make a case online, then they work to rectify the problem, and the replacement handset was exactly the kind of service anyone would want if their device wasn't working, it's just a shame that the replacement was also a lemon.

Moose1331

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I just received my 3rd iPhone 5 from Apple.... seems like this time we may have a winner! I'm not holding my breath though!! I'm fairly certain I was just very very unlucky.

Lets hope nothing crops up over the next few days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711