The Overdone iPhone 5 Negativity - From a Brand New iPhone User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an iPhone 5 first thing in the morning on launch day and I couldn't be happier after dumping my Blackberry Bold 9930. No scuffs/dents, no defects, software issues, or anything else other people love to complain about. Sure, maps is underdeveloped, but how do you expect a brand new in house mapping solution to compete with Google's tried and tested mapping monster? It will come with time. This was an incredible upgrade for me - it's light years ahead of anything my Blackberry has ever done. The transition has been unreal. I thought I would miss the physical keyboard but I type just as fast on the touch screen. The fluidity of the OS, the speed, the battery life, the screen - it's all amazing. Comparing it to other phones, to the 4S, it's all silly. It IS a worthwhile upgrade any way you look at it.

To quote the great Louis CK - "Everything is amazing and nobody's happy". Enjoy your powerhouse of a phone!

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You know it's funny that they talked about how precise the iPhone 5 was, you know diamond cut and everything. But when I felt it, it felt like plastic.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. 4G, bigger screen, better battery life, faster processor - all things that finally sold me on the iPhone. Things that made me hesitate and think twice before jumping on the 4S.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say that I don't miss my 4S... not one second.

---------- Post Merged at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:17 AM ----------

I disagree. 4G, bigger screen, better battery life, faster processor - all things that finally sold me on the iPhone. Things that made me hesitate and think twice before jumping on the 4S.

If your due for an upgrade, or getting a new contract, there's no reason why you'd choose a 4S unless 100$ more for two years of greater benefits is beyond your means... Good choice! :)

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My friend who was an ardent iPhone 5 hater but loved his iPhone 4S played with my phone and even he conceded that it's better. No question about it.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's faster, but it's only like 2 times faster. I'd like to get more bang for my buck. Did you noticed the Apple logo on the back is not silver?

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say that I don't miss my 4S... not one second.

---------- Post Merged at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:17 AM ----------

If your due for an upgrade, or getting a new contract, there's no reason why you'd choose a 4S unless 100$ more for two years of greater benefits is beyond your means... Good choice! :)

No I meant when the 4S was first launched. It just wasn't enough for me to hop on the iPhone train. The 5 was. Perfect blend of new features.

---------- Post Merged at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:21 AM ----------

It's faster, but it's only like 2 times faster. I'd like to get more bang for my buck. Did you noticed the Apple logo on the back is not silver?

What does the Apple logo color have to do with anything? And "only like 2 times faster" is significant to me.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You know it's funny that they talked about how precise the iPhone 5 was, you know diamond cut and everything. But when I felt it, it felt like plastic.

You mean like a galaxy s3 or htc one x that's actually made out of plastic and not glass and aluminum. Come on man. Stop it. You enjoy trolling now.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh will you die already... Don't worry Doc, in another thread mister metrion was all fangs in the beginning, but in the end he was pretty much agreeing with everybody against him...

It's only like 2 times faster... what are you, stupid? Two times faster than a phone that still kicks many asses out there on benchmark! Enough bang for my bucks... but of course you're not holding a 5, are you? :cool:

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ha, kind of off topic, but why does everyone (non-iphone users) ask me if the apple logo glows? Did someone start that rumor? I'm just like uh, no.. And A++ for that quote. It's so true.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's negative feedback we're giving because we're getting features taken away from us.

I think it's overreactions to that negative feedback that causes the flair ups around here. Apple is a company and the assessment must be done.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So you're telling what like it is? You like putting down a phone you don't even own??? If you have some reason for waiting to upgrade that's fine but quit spouting off at the mouth about something you aren't even using on a daily basis! You remind me of those tech sites that say the iPhone 5 is boring, really? Guess that's why they sold 2 million of em so far, huh?

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So you're telling what like it is? You like putting down a phone you don't even own??? If you have some reason for waiting to upgrade that's fine but quit spouting off at the mouth about something you aren't even using on a daily basis! You remind me of those tech sites that say the iPhone 5 is boring, really? Guess that's why they sold 2 million of em so far, huh?

Correction...5 million sir 😏

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Felt like plastic? Sure you didn't confuse it with your Samsung Galaxy III which IS plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2