The Overdone iPhone 5 Negativity - From a Brand New iPhone User

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Call it overdone, but hearye. It's too expensive for me to upgrade the phone for minor stuff such as Siri loading a little faster or adding Facebook integration. That's like paying for a whole new app everytime you get an app update pushed to your phone.

It's great for people joining Apple and anyone who managed to get it for free by trading in their old one. But I've tried it, and the phone is just not that fast. Apps still pause when launching. Safari still loads web pages in an inordinate amount of time.

The keyboard still lags when you're typing fast, and Siri still can't tell you the time without being connected to the Internet. Front facing camera is still only 720p. You still can't lock the orientation to landscape.

All of these things could be better. I'm not wowed. Definately not wowed.

Even if they had come up with something that really makes a difference in my life, I'd have rushed out to buy it. I still have to charge this phone every night. A real battery improvement would've given them the chance to market the phone as "The most powerful iPhone yet." With our 25-40% longer battery life, I'd happily your my new phone as "The iPhone that ever sleeps."

We didn't get that this time.

Wow this is ridiculous...#SMH

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The trollcasting is a little much. Everyone is entitled to an opinion… you don’t have to like it, but no one is demanding you be involved. Because of the purported LTE, and faster Wi-Fi, I thought that web pages would load completely in less than a fraction of a second. When they told us that there's "less space between the content and your finger" about how the pixels do double the work, I was expecting to feel it or for it to be more responsive or something.

It's just a regular phone.

I have expectations about the new iTunes. I'm excited about that, I hope it delivers.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The trollcasting is a little much. Everyone is entitled to an opinion? you don?t have to like it, but no one is demanding you be involved. Because of the purported LTE, and faster Wi-Fi, I thought that web pages would load completely in less than a fraction of a second. When they told us that there's "less space between the content and your finger" about how the pixels do double the work, I was expecting to feel it or for it to be more responsive or something.

I have expectations about the new iTunes. I'm excited about that, I hope it delivers.

Sure opinions are fine but trolling is not. You babble about stuff you are clueless about and it's obvious why you are here. I shot down your whole previous post as pure garbage and you can't even reply... I warned you once before, will be no other warnings. Check your PM's.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
When you hit the Weather app, you have to wait. It brings up a picture of the background while it loads.

That should not happen.

Are you really serious? Have you ever used any smartphone before? Android? Windows Phone? I'm begging you to please tell me one platform that any app opens instantly with zero pause what so ever. Windows? Mac? Any mobile platform? Doesn't exist.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The trollcasting is a little much. Everyone is entitled to an opinion… you don’t have to like it, but no one is demanding you be involved. Because of the purported LTE, and faster Wi-Fi, I thought that web pages would load completely in less than a fraction of a second. When they told us that there's "less space between the content and your finger" about how the pixels do double the work, I was expecting to feel it or for it to be more responsive or something.

I am now totally convinced that he is motoleo. Phrasing and attitude were dead give-aways.

I understand that you don't like the phone. You have stated as much from the start. But what makes your opinion any "more right" than mine or anyone else's?

The points you raise read like Android talking point bulletins. The iPhone 5 is an incremental update over the iPhone 4S, which was an incremental upgrade over the iPhone 4, which was an incremental upgrade... (surely even you can complete the rest of this statement). That's how Apple rolls. They add a few major improvements with each iteration, along with some significant tweaking and improvements.

And for the record, the battery IS better. LTE can be a battery hog, but they've managed to get a full day out of the phone, along with more memory, larger screen, faster processor... and yeah, I'm going to mention Apple Maps, too, as an improvement (even though that's software, not hardware). I've been using the Maps since GM was released. It worked perfectly for me on my 4S, and I've still looking for my first real-world failure even on my iPhone 5.

You want to be a hater, fine. Just stop being a whiny little baby because Tim Cook and Sir Jony Ive didn't personally call you and ask for your design input. Grow up, please.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am now totally convinced that he is motoleo. Phrasing and attitude were dead give-aways.

...(snipped)...

Another possible giveaway is the fact that not once has he or she asked who is Motoleo? unless I overlooked it...;)

Moose1331

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Despite having serious problems with my handsets, I can confirm that what you're saying is complete hear-say garbage. When I'm on LTE, websites do load in a fraction of a second. Coming from an iPhone 4 I was shocked by the speed that the websites would load up. It is definitely a combination of both the faster processor and the unreal network speeds afforded by LTE.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Lol I love how he complains about the web page loading speeds which is dependant on the speed of his connection, network congestion, etc.

I came from a wicked fast HTC One X that was rooted and running a custom ROM, and other than the normal slow animation speeds in iOS, this phone is just as fast....with better battery life.

As for the iPhone 5 not being mindblowingly better than the 4s, do you think the Galaxy S3 is that much different than the Galaxy S2? No. It's how manufacturers do it. Incremental updates with new features.

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from an iP4 to iP5 and it is definitely worth the upgrade.
Bigger screen
4G radio
snappy processor

Maps may have been released a bit early but its a start. I hope that apple learns from their mistakes and makes it better in 6.1.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from an iP4 to iP5 and it is definitely worth the upgrade.
Bigger screen
4G radio
snappy processor

Maps may have been released a bit early but its a start. I hope that apple learns from their mistakes and makes it better in 6.1.

I did the same, 4 to 5. And your reasons are basically the same as mine.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This is what weather looks like when you open it.

7rFoV.jpg

Twitter

R3lvA.jpg

Game Center

GWifH.jpg

I mean, am I wrong here? The app store's Install button may take "a few seconds" to load but in that time I will have already tapped it about 24 times. Don't take this as trolling, this is constructive criticism. I don't know what else to tell you.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I mean, am I wrong here? The app store's Install button may take "a few seconds" to load but in that time I will have already tapped it about 24 times. Don't take this as trolling, this is constructive criticism. I don't know what else to tell you.

You got something wrong with your iPhone if it is taking that long to load apps. My iPhone 5 completely loaded all 3 of these apps within a second each.

I love LTE!! :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349031673.382431.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349031701.934095.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349031722.716198.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Moose1331

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

I know what to tell you: Try using network based apps like weather and twitter when you're actually connected to a network. Gamecenter falls under the same category, and you're trying to show us 1 bar w/ 3G.

How do you seriously consider this objective?

---------- Post Merged at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Upon a second look, metrion's photos aren't even from an iPhone 5. What a joke. Now it's IP ban time.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You know it's funny that they talked about how precise the iPhone 5 was, you know diamond cut and everything. But when I felt it, it felt like plastic.

Light, yes. Plastic? Absolutely not! Want to feel plastic, go and pick up a GS3 or Galaxy Nexus. You'll see what plastic feels like. My iPhone 5 while lighter than my 4S definitely has a solid feel to it. Apple got the weight right when they built the iPhone 5, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Yes, you're wrong here. The first two pics clearly show a phone searching for a network. 3rd shows 1 bar... Find a wifi hotspot.

msteiner0539

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Your status is searching "recherche.." You're not even connected to a network. Makes sense it wouldn't load quick buddy, and why it wouldn't at all. Nice try though.

I too came from a BB 9900 as the OP did, and cam honestly say I was an Iphone hater, and die hard BB fanboy..... Ummmm, not any more. I literally look at my BB9900, and as much as I love her, I always feel like a Delorian is going to come driving through my living room and take her back to 1984!!!

Gotta say, this Iphone5 is something fantastic. Only issue I have is the camera rattle, and it bugs the hell outta me. I'm a stickler for perfection (you should see my wife)....

Anyways, enough trolling, and try connecting to a network, or WIFI and then try opening your apps bud... should make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR