In my Sean Connery voice the troll shall be banished baaaack to the dark cave under the bridge from where he came back I say back troll.............

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-28-2012 11:50 PM
    It's faster, but it's only like 2 times faster. I'd like to get more bang for my buck. Did you noticed the Apple logo on the back is not silver?
    On white & silver, logo sure looks silver to me...
    09-29-2012 12:00 AM
    It's faster, but it's only like 2 times faster. I'd like to get more bang for my buck. Did you noticed the Apple logo on the back is not silver?
    Compared to my Old iPhone 4S it IS more than just 2X faster. Also, I have the White & Silver iPhone 5, and the Apple logo is on the back is definitely silver.... Perhaps you should get your eyes checked out. Oh and one more thing, actually use a product before you attempt to post facts about it, as that way you won't come off as a person who doesn't know what they a talking about like you do here.

---------- Post Merged at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:10 AM ----------

On white & silver, logo sure looks silver to me...
    I've got the White one and yes, you are correct that the Apple logo is definitely Silver.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    09-29-2012 09:13 AM
    Does it really matter what color the apple logo on the iPhone 5 is? On the white is silver and on the black slate it's a darker color. Now go on move on....

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...
    09-29-2012 09:17 AM
    My Apple loge hides behind my RealTree otterbox. I'm not hip enough to say:

HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT HOW LEGIT I AM! DID YOU NOTICE THE LOGO!?
    09-29-2012 05:04 PM
    I picked up an iPhone 5 first thing in the morning on launch day and I couldn't be happier after dumping my Blackberry Bold 9930. No scuffs/dents, no defects, software issues, or anything else other people love to complain about.
    Hi Doc. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your iPhone 5. I agree that it's amongst the best smartphones available, and I happen to love it.

HOWEVER, dismissing real problems as "issues other people love to complain about" is immature. I see you've come from a blackberry, that's great. I came from an iPhone 4, and an iPhone 3G prior to that. Both phones exceeded expectation and never caused my any issues at all. Literally zero reliability problems. Loved 'em.

Tomorrow I'll be visiting the local Apple store to receive my THIRD iPhone 5. Yes. I have had two iPhone 5's with serious hardware issues that limited functionality (read: not scuffs in the anodization). To say that this is an issue I "love to complain about" is a joke. I don't love to complain about it at all. I'm a staunch Apple gizmo lover. I'm embarrassed to talk about it. I am in disbelief that I have not yet successfully found a 100% working iPhone 5 yet. If this next one has an issue too, I'll call Apple again, and if there isn't a pre-checked-amazing-100%-working-iPhone-5 ready to go for me, I'll sell this thing on craigslist and buy a Samsung Note 2. That is the level of frustration I will have reached.
    09-29-2012 06:26 PM
    ....But when I felt it, it felt like plastic.
    That's what she said.
    09-29-2012 06:36 PM
    Hi Doc. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your iPhone 5. I agree that it's amongst the best smartphones available, and I happen to love it.

HOWEVER, dismissing real problems as "issues other people love to complain about" is immature. I see you've come from a blackberry, that's great. I came from an iPhone 4, and an iPhone 3G prior to that. Both phones exceeded expectation and never caused my any issues at all. Literally zero reliability problems. Loved 'em.

Tomorrow I'll be visiting the local Apple store to receive my THIRD iPhone 5. Yes. I have had two iPhone 5's with serious hardware issues that limited functionality (read: not scuffs in the anodization). To say that this is an issue I "love to complain about" is a joke. I don't love to complain about it at all. I'm a staunch Apple gizmo lover. I'm embarrassed to talk about it. I am in disbelief that I have not yet successfully found a 100% working iPhone 5 yet. If this next one has an issue too, I'll call Apple again, and if there isn't a pre-checked-amazing-100%-working-iPhone-5 ready to go for me, I'll sell this thing on craigslist and buy a Samsung Note 2. That is the level of frustration I will have reached.
    What issues have you had?
    09-29-2012 10:55 PM
    Have you seen the specs and what you can do with the Note 2? Can't wait for that bad boy.
    09-29-2012 11:08 PM
    What issues have you had?
    First one had no sound outside of the earpiece or headphones. Second one has no wifi capability.
    09-29-2012 11:53 PM

First of all, you need to relax. You are apparently incredibly unlucky and got screwed, no big deal. Exchange it and get another one. Defects happen. People DO love to complain and the overdone iPhone 5 negativity IS overdone. Just cause you happened to be one of the unlucky ones doesn't make my statements "immature" or any less factual.
    09-30-2012 12:20 AM
    Louis CK FTW!
    09-30-2012 12:22 AM
    Call it overdone, but hearye. It's too expensive for me to upgrade the phone for minor stuff such as Siri loading a little faster or adding Facebook integration. That's like paying for a whole new app everytime you get an app update pushed to your phone.

It's great for people joining Apple and anyone who managed to get it for free by trading in their old one. But I've tried it, and the phone is just not that fast. Apps still pause when launching. Safari still loads web pages in an inordinate amount of time.

The keyboard still lags when you're typing fast, and Siri still can't tell you the time without being connected to the Internet. Front facing camera is still only 720p. You still can't lock the orientation to landscape.

All of these things could be better. I'm not wowed. Definately not wowed.

Even if they had come up with something that really makes a difference in my life, I'd have rushed out to buy it. I still have to charge this phone every night. A real battery improvement would've given them the chance to market the phone as "The most powerful iPhone yet." With our 25-40% longer battery life, I'd happily your my new phone as "The iPhone that ever sleeps."

We didn't get that this time.
    Last edited by metrion; 09-30-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    09-30-2012 12:41 AM
    Call it overdone, but hearye. It's too expensive for me to upgrade the phone for minor stuff such as Siri loading a little faster or adding Facebook integration. That's like paying for a whole new app everytime you get an app update pushed to your phone.

It's great for people joining Apple and anyone who managed to get it for free by trading in their old one. But I've tried it, and the phone is just not that fast. Apps still pause when launching. Safari still loads web pages in an inordinate amount of time.

The keyboard still lags when you're typing fast, and Siri still can't tell you the time without being connected to the Internet. Front facing camera is still only 720p. You still can't lock the orientation to landscape.

Even if they had come up with something that really makes a difference in my life, I'd have rushed out to buy it. I still have to charge this phone every night. A real battery improvement would've given them the chance to market the phone as "The most powerful iPhone yet." With our 25-40% longer battery life, I'd happily your my new phone as "The iPhone that ever sleeps."

Just admit it, you've never even picked up the phone. Most of the above is just BS. First off Facebook integration has ZERO to do with iPhone 5 rather iOS 6. It's faster than any phone out there currently. Yes, I own every flagship phone regardless of OS. Keyboard lags? Never had it lag one time. I'm sure others will agree. Tell me one other phone where apps don't pause when launched for a fraction of a second? Wait, don't even try because you can't! I'm not even going further with this. Not worth my time or effort.

If you're going to troll do a better job. It is becoming very obvious and very tiresome to other members here.
    09-30-2012 01:19 AM

You are an ungrateful spoiled brat. Good luck finding anything that pleases you.
    09-30-2012 01:32 AM

Wow this is ridiculous...#SMH

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...
    09-30-2012 06:43 AM
    The trollcasting is a little much. Everyone is entitled to an opinion… you don’t have to like it, but no one is demanding you be involved. Because of the purported LTE, and faster Wi-Fi, I thought that web pages would load completely in less than a fraction of a second. When they told us that there's "less space between the content and your finger" about how the pixels do double the work, I was expecting to feel it or for it to be more responsive or something.

It's just a regular phone.

I have expectations about the new iTunes. I'm excited about that, I hope it delivers.
    09-30-2012 07:36 AM
    The trollcasting is a little much. Everyone is entitled to an opinion you dont have to like it, but no one is demanding you be involved. Because of the purported LTE, and faster Wi-Fi, I thought that web pages would load completely in less than a fraction of a second. When they told us that there's "less space between the content and your finger" about how the pixels do double the work, I was expecting to feel it or for it to be more responsive or something.

I have expectations about the new iTunes. I'm excited about that, I hope it delivers.
    Sure opinions are fine but trolling is not. You babble about stuff you are clueless about and it's obvious why you are here. I shot down your whole previous post as pure garbage and you can't even reply... I warned you once before, will be no other warnings. Check your PM's.
    09-30-2012 08:55 AM
    When you hit the Weather app, you have to wait. It brings up a picture of the background while it loads.

That should not happen.
    09-30-2012 09:26 AM
    When you hit the Weather app, you have to wait. It brings up a picture of the background while it loads.

That should not happen.
    Are you really serious? Have you ever used any smartphone before? Android? Windows Phone? I'm begging you to please tell me one platform that any app opens instantly with zero pause what so ever. Windows? Mac? Any mobile platform? Doesn't exist.
    09-30-2012 09:34 AM
    The trollcasting is a little much. Everyone is entitled to an opinion… you don’t have to like it, but no one is demanding you be involved. Because of the purported LTE, and faster Wi-Fi, I thought that web pages would load completely in less than a fraction of a second. When they told us that there's "less space between the content and your finger" about how the pixels do double the work, I was expecting to feel it or for it to be more responsive or something.

I am now totally convinced that he is motoleo. Phrasing and attitude were dead give-aways.

I understand that you don't like the phone. You have stated as much from the start. But what makes your opinion any "more right" than mine or anyone else's?

The points you raise read like Android talking point bulletins. The iPhone 5 is an incremental update over the iPhone 4S, which was an incremental upgrade over the iPhone 4, which was an incremental upgrade... (surely even you can complete the rest of this statement). That's how Apple rolls. They add a few major improvements with each iteration, along with some significant tweaking and improvements.

And for the record, the battery IS better. LTE can be a battery hog, but they've managed to get a full day out of the phone, along with more memory, larger screen, faster processor... and yeah, I'm going to mention Apple Maps, too, as an improvement (even though that's software, not hardware). I've been using the Maps since GM was released. It worked perfectly for me on my 4S, and I've still looking for my first real-world failure even on my iPhone 5.

You want to be a hater, fine. Just stop being a whiny little baby because Tim Cook and Sir Jony Ive didn't personally call you and ask for your design input. Grow up, please.
    09-30-2012 10:15 AM
    I am now totally convinced that he is motoleo. Phrasing and attitude were dead give-aways.

...(snipped)...
    Another possible giveaway is the fact that not once has he or she asked who is Motoleo? unless I overlooked it...
    09-30-2012 10:45 AM

That should not happen.
    The stock Weather app opens and displays the weather in 0.7 seconds; definitely too slow.
    09-30-2012 11:11 AM

Despite having serious problems with my handsets, I can confirm that what you're saying is complete hear-say garbage. When I'm on LTE, websites do load in a fraction of a second. Coming from an iPhone 4 I was shocked by the speed that the websites would load up. It is definitely a combination of both the faster processor and the unreal network speeds afforded by LTE.
    09-30-2012 11:52 AM
    Lol I love how he complains about the web page loading speeds which is dependant on the speed of his connection, network congestion, etc.

I came from a wicked fast HTC One X that was rooted and running a custom ROM, and other than the normal slow animation speeds in iOS, this phone is just as fast....with better battery life.

As for the iPhone 5 not being mindblowingly better than the 4s, do you think the Galaxy S3 is that much different than the Galaxy S2? No. It's how manufacturers do it. Incremental updates with new features.
    09-30-2012 12:03 PM
69 123