Recent iPhone 5 Orders

ajl06808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

I am new to the iMore forums and am looking to get an iPhone 5 when my upgrade is up in the first week of October. Has anybody recently purchased an iPhone online through VZW and had theirs ship BEFORE the 10/26 date as stated? I would love to not have to wait until November!

Thanks y'all!!!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

I am new to the iMore forums and am looking to get an iPhone 5 when my upgrade is up in the first week of October. Has anybody recently purchased an iPhone online through VZW and had theirs ship BEFORE the 10/26 date as stated? I would love to not have to wait until November!

Thanks y'all!!!

You are not new. Profile since jan 2011. In any event, how about calling or going to your local retailers?

ajl06808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't posted in a long time is what I meant, all I wanted to know is that if it was a last resort, how have shipping times been?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't posted in a long time is what I meant, all I wanted to know is that if it was a last resort, how have shipping times been?

Again, why not contact your local stores? Then you won't have to worry about shipping. I wouldn't advise people ordering from apple right now given they are already on back order and just release in 22 more countries.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There are so many variables that it makes it almost a moot point for any of us to tell you if there's a good chance you'll get your iPhone on any particular day...the Verizon wireless store down the road from me might have 100 iPhones and the one close to you might have 2, making it useless for me to tell you that you'll get one quickly or slowly. Stock on hand for online orders is also just as fluctuating.

My best advice to you would be find a local Apple store, walk in there, ask to buy an iPhone 5 and if they have them, enjoy. I don't deal with carrier stores, so i don't have any advice to give you about shopping or ordering through one.

SPrell

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine from Verizon's web site on 9/19. At that time I was told the delivery date would be 10/5. After I got the order confirmation, and for many days after, their order status page told me the ship date would be 10/5. Ship date obviously means something different than delivery date so I was disappointed. However, this morning, I got an email from Verizon indicating that my black 32 GB iPhone 5 has shipped and will arrive on 10/1. So there is a chance you will get it earlier than advertised.

ajl06808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you SPrell, that answered my question perfectly. Sorry for my vagueness, however I was just wondering how other people fared on the VZW website.

---------- Post Merged at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:28 PM ----------

When Apple gets involved what is the normal process? I haven't done an upgrade through them before.

SPrell

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
A few years back, I upgraded on AT&T, by ordering through the Apple site. Partway through the order process you enter your existing phone number and indicate you are an existing customer with that carrier. Apple then checks your upgrade eligibility with that carrier right then and there. If all is clear, then you can proceed with your order. I'm pretty sure it works the same regardless of carrier.

By the way, my wife ordered one from Verizon's web site a few days after me. She was told it would ship on 10/12, but it is actually coming on Monday 10/1 as well. So for her, an ever better surprise.

Last edited: