Picking up at the Apple store

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone had luck getting and iPhone 5 going through the apple store after 10 pm. I'm going to try tonight.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
each time i looked last night the model i wanted was available at this particular Apple store but was afraid to pull the trigger

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've done it in the past just curious as to availability. I'm upgrading the same line I'm using it on so no big deal.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's never advisable to go to the Apple store at night to try and get something that is a hot commodity at the moment...my friend was in and out of the Apple store with his iP5 in less than an hour the other day, but he also went in the morning.

Jtkos

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 25th at 10pm online and picked it up the next day at my apple store at 11am. I didn't have to wait in any lines at the store either. Just bring your confirmation email with web order number, credit card used for purchase, and ID.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
My daughter went online at 10 pm, found the size/color she wanted at her local Apple store and ordered for next day pickup. She went in at noon and left a very happy customer.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Yea I did the in store pick up as well and left with a black 64 gb on Verizon. Which NO STORES in the Tampa Florida area have right now. I mean it wasn't a smooth process because you still have 500 other guys winging it in the store so aside from all the people, being cut in line it wasn't too bad I left with my i5 which most people in the store did not. Also to the people upgrading a line that the phone isn't going to be used on it is a bit of a pain. Mine was activated before I powered on the device somehow so I had to wait for Verizon to unlock the sim which doesn't occur until 7am daily so I had to wait a few extra hours to actually use it. Again I cancelled my ore order which was scheduled for oct 12 and didn't wait in line so getting one a day after the launch weekend it NOT too shabby. Some day of pre orders still aren't in.

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
On line Friday night at 10pm: Picked up in Boston at 11am today. Bypassed lines. If more retailers handled customers like Apple, there wouldn't be so much empty retail space. Only negative was they were out of lightning cables.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yup I ordered mine at 9:57pm on 9/27 didn't read any details or anything just had it in stock and I clicked buy and paid. They sent me an email at 8am the next morning saying it was available to be picked up. Very fast just make sure you take your ID and the account holder must be present. Proud owner of the AT&T black/slate 16gb. Good luck just keep hitting refresh at like 9:50. After I ordered mine I looked again just to see how fast they would sell out. 10:30 and out of 15 stores in a 2 hour driving distance only 2 still had them in stock. The store I ordered mine from had already sold out.

lamonicaj

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine at 10:02 pm Wednesday night, received the confirmation email & text by 9:36 am Thursday morning!!! No hassle, no wait!!! Oh & I switched carriers too, port went through as soon as I was ready to restore my phone!!!

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine at 10:15 pm, got the confirmation before midnight. Picked it up at 10 AM sharp. No waiting, no hassle.

Although, I did get really lucky. Had I chosen the black one I may not have ever received the confirmation order. They only received white phones for AT&T today.

BrennB

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah what happens is before you finish check out but after its in the cart you can then select store pick up and it will show you a list of local stores and whether the item is available. Its confusing at first but just keep going until you have a choice to pick up in store, its before you enter any payment info so you aren't committing to anything if you make a wrong turn. Also if they have stock of your first choice don't take your time.. I went on the second night it was available, my first choice was in stock at closest store, Yay! Then I went about adding accessories to the cart and by the time I checked out it was no longer available.. I got the 32 instead which was available and was fine by me because I was waivering on the size anyway.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, great news for me. After personal pickup didn't work for me, 3 nights in a row(no stock of what I wanted), I simply called all of the radio shacks in my area this morning, and 1 had 2 of the 32GB White Verizon iPhone 5's, and I went there, and got it set up. My mission is now complete.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2