I figured I would ask this...but how exactly are people handling their black slate iPhone 5's and scratching them? Mine came flawless. I pre-ordered from Sprint. I have a screen protector on front and back. I'm the type that refuses to spend tons of money on overpriced cases. I buy decent good quality cases on eBay for no more than $10 each. I have a total of 5 cases...clear/black/white/grey/smoked all are hard case slim. In the past week of owning this phone I've been going back and forth on what color to use it on permanent. I've decided on the clear one. Mind you these cases are slim tight fit. When I remove and put cases on I slide phone slowly and careful. Every time the case has touch and rubbed against the side of the phone where sim is on (the metal black band). Well guess what? No scratches/scrapes/scuff/paint chipping. Every time I get a new case I worry about the insides not the outside. The insides is what will rub against the phone. I make sure the edges that will come in contact with the phone aren't sharp. I've taken cases on and off my iPhone 5 many times and its still flawless. People need to just add a case they like and leave it on and enjoy the phone already. For now this my current set up. I'm satisfied. The clear slim case protects my phone and still shows off the good looks. $6 on eBay ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-28-2012 02:40 PM
    Mines caseless got mine from Verizon wireless flawless when it came out the box haven't gotten any scratches on it yet and I already dropped it once lol
    09-28-2012 02:45 PM
    Mines caseless got mine from Verizon wireless flawless when it came out the box haven't gotten any scratches on it yet and I already dropped it once lol
    I will eventually go ceaseless once the "new" period is over. I had the 4S since it launch last year and had in a case the first month only. After that no case just screen protector front and back. I sold that phone 2 weeks ago in mint conditions for $370...4s white 16GB. I think in 2-3 more weeks my i5 will be officially caseless LOL

09-28-2012 02:52 PM
    Otterbox problem solved and I know it is flawless an will stay that way
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-28-2012 03:44 PM
    My phone is flawless. Was flawless out if the box. No case for me. Sits on a wooden table at night. I'm a garbage man. Sits in a side punch case while at worked that's hooked to the visor. Slides in and out of it dozens of times during the day as well as my pocket. Still not a mark. These phones don't scratch as easily as people say.
    Ipheuria and sj-performance like this.
    09-28-2012 03:56 PM
    Mine is naked as well. I've been looking for a case but can't find one I like yet that is readily available. Radio Shack was useless and Walmart had only ONE single Otterbox available which I didn't want to pay 50$ for when it wasn't even what I wanted. They weren't sold out but they literally only carry that case right now for the 'new' iPhone. Anyways still no scratches! I'm praying nothing happens to it before I can get my hands on one.
    09-28-2012 05:16 PM
    I've yet to find someone who bought a clear case and liked it. They scratch very easily and look like crap. I'd look into a smoke black TPU case. Still partially clear but won't scratch easily and still offers some drop protection. Personally I'm just going to use a wrap and call it a day.
    09-28-2012 06:04 PM
    I will eventually go ceaseless once the "new" period is over. I had the 4S since it launch last year and had in a case the first month only. After that no case just screen protector front and back. I sold that phone 2 weeks ago in mint conditions for $370...4s white 16GB. I think in 2-3 more weeks my i5 will be officially caseless LOL

I think that was my issue too. Lol I was trying to baby my phone until i dropped it and then I though, we'll hey I guess I already broke it in lol no need for a case now. It's just one of the boys. Lol.
    09-28-2012 07:14 PM
    I've yet to find someone who bought a clear case and liked it. They scratch very easily and look like crap. I'd look into a smoke black TPU case. Still partially clear but won't scratch easily and still offers some drop protection. Personally I'm just going to use a wrap and call it a day.
    Which is why I buy all my cases from eBay. Right now cases for iPhone 5 are high priced because that's the hottest phone right now...in about 1 month or so prices will drop for cases. Clear slim thin hard cases have been my favorite since they offer protection from scratches and show off the looks of a phone. What I do is buy a new case every 2 months or so for cheap on eBay and that's it. When I sold my 4S the buyer got like 6 cases included. On the pic I posted I bought that case and received it before I got the iPhone 5. $5 shipped ๐Ÿ˜€

09-28-2012 07:23 PM
    So now we're worried about cases that scratch easily which are being put on to prevent scratches to the iphone. Ok..

Honestly, who cares? It's a cheap case.
    tlo07 likes this.
    09-29-2012 10:41 AM
    All my clear cases from iDAmerica are always perfect and don't scratch.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk..
    09-29-2012 12:15 PM
    So now we're worried about cases that scratch easily which are being put on to prevent scratches to the iphone. Ok..

Honestly, who cares? It's a cheap case.
    Exactly I don't care if my cases scratches or not. My main goal is prevent from the phone being scratched. This is why I buy my cases on eBay. Ok they are cheap and not high priced...but guess what? They do the job well. After 1-2 or months of use if its heavily scratched I just simply take it off and throw it away. Here is when I'm glad that my phone still looks new. On goes a new $5 case from eBay and so on.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž

09-29-2012 01:45 PM
    Went naked with all my previous iPhones. But casing my 5 with an Otterbox Defender. Pretty much bombproof. Sucks but I want a nice looking scratch free phone for resale. Otherwise my 5 would go naked.
    09-29-2012 02:00 PM
    Exactly I don't care if my cases scratches or not. My main goal is prevent from the phone being scratched. This is why I buy my cases on eBay. Ok they are cheap and not high priced...but guess what? They do the job well. After 1-2 or months of use if its heavily scratched I just simply take it off and throw it away. Here is when I'm glad that my phone still looks new. On goes a new $5 case from eBay and so on.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Maybe someone should invent a case case....or a case protector!!! (Kidding of course)

I figure: Use, don't abuse.

Cheers
    sj-performance likes this.
    09-29-2012 03:19 PM