Hello...the above statement is true for me, most of the time. Has anyone done anything that optimizes it and makes it work better?

Just to clarify, as I have seemed to make a few individuals very very angry, I am not indicating that ip5 or ios6 suck, but rather mine and everyone I have talked to has had "sucky" experiances with Siri.

Also, what I was indicating, is after a new gen of iphone and another ios, I am shocked it does not perform better.
    Last edited by md17; 09-28-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: anger control
    09-28-2012 10:50 AM
    No, we don't all know, think, or even feel your headline statement is true. It is your seriously misguided opinion.

Dang... there I go again feeding a troll...
    tuffy100 and iphonefizzle like this.
    09-28-2012 10:52 AM
    I disagree! That statement is not true for me. I'm sorry you feel that way. You may want to return your iPhone 5 since its still within the 30 day return period.
    09-28-2012 10:54 AM
    You may want to return your iPhone 5 since its still within the 30 day return period.
    That 30 day window depends on where you bought the phone... Verizon's return is 14 days...
    09-28-2012 10:55 AM
    No, we don't all know, think, or even feel your headline statement is true. It is your seriously misguided opinion.

It's okay. Sometimes the temptation's too much.

As for the original poster, stating your opinion as fact is quite an egregious and misleading thing to do. Siri has worked quite well for me, actually.
    09-28-2012 10:56 AM

iPhone 5...iOS6...and Siri still sucks-troll-food-2.jpg
    kch50428, BLiNK, tuffy100 and 1 others like this.
    09-28-2012 11:00 AM
    I find that at least Siri is working waaaaayyyy better with the iphone 5 than it did with my 4S. I didn't use it much when I ran iOS 6 beta on my 4S, but using Siri on my iP5, it's noticeably better than on iOS 5 with the 4S. I'm not sure if it's optimization from iOS 6, better (faster) hardware from iPhone 5, or a combination of both. But Siri is becoming more useful to me. Just my personal opinion.
    09-28-2012 11:10 AM
    Siri's still working fine for me, and can give me sports information now which is a plus. Honestly, the only thing i still see that sucks is the OP's opinion.
    kch50428 and tuffy100 like this.
    09-28-2012 11:35 AM
    I have not experienced any issues so far with iOS 6, iPhone 5 or Siri... Siri works perfectly - sending texts, starting apps, tweeting and providing sports scores.
    09-28-2012 11:42 AM
    Coming from an iP4, I'm new to Siri. So far I find Siri underwhelming. I had higher hopes that after a year in "beta" Apple would have made more progress. My biggest complaint is that sometimes Siri is ridiculously slow. And there are moments where Siri simply flails. Me: Julie _____ is my wife. Siri: send text to Brian. WTF?
    09-28-2012 11:47 AM
    Coming from an iP4, I'm new to Siri. So far I find Siri underwhelming. I had higher hopes that after a year in "beta" Apple would have made more progress. My biggest complaint is that sometimes Siri is ridiculously slow. And there are moments where Siri simply flails. Me: Julie _____ is my wife. Siri: send text to Brian. WTF?
    This "Beta" comment seems to be something coming from the people that will never be satisfied with Siri...i still find it humorous.

As far as Siri being slow...I've only ever had problems with the software when the servers are down or I'm in poor reception or having network issues...when the network is up, Siri runs perfectly for me, and the network/server issues account for about .00000000001% of the time.
    motor96 likes this.
    09-28-2012 11:49 AM
    Let me rephrase that...I love ios 6 and my new ip 5, but I was having serious Siri issues the first day i got the phone...Im not a troll i promise!!!could it be because so many people were using the Siri server that it was not responding?
    09-28-2012 11:50 AM
    You come out of the box and say "Siri still sucks..." Then make the next comment "We all know it's true...", and you want people to believe you're not trolling? lol! Please...

I haven't had problems with Siri not responding since i got my iPhone 5 (or when i installed iOS 6 on my 4S)...maybe your phone wants to escape or something.
    09-28-2012 12:04 PM
    I think dictation is way more important than Siri. And dictation works much better on iPhone 5. Perhaps it's an improved microphone system?

Anyway, Siri is ok but sometimes she chokes...
    09-28-2012 12:08 PM
    I'm new to Siri...while she's not perfect, she is pretty awesome. Yes, she gets things wrong sometimes, and she can't find my father-in-law in my contacts to save her little binary life, but other than that I'm quite pleased with the voice recognition.
    09-28-2012 12:21 PM
    Anyone that takes a crack at Siri is not being a troll. It still doesn't "work". It functions (sometimes) but its still nowhere near it needs to be. I was excited about it when I got my 4S but I stopped using it completely after about 2 months. People would tell me it timed out all of the time because I have Sprint and their network sucks. But friends and coworkers with Verizon and ATT had the same issues.

Siri, like maps, still has a ways to go.

Voice dictation on the other hand works amazingly well.
    md17 and redbeard like this.
    09-28-2012 12:49 PM
    iPhone 5...iOS6...and Siri still sucks-trollo.png
    Exxod, Dahlen, CandyBean and 1 others like this.
    09-28-2012 01:07 PM
    Stop it Apple-flappers. Always wanting to cry troll every time a customer gives a poor review.

Do you call your teacher a troll when she gives you an F?

No. So.
    boweveljoe and redbeard like this.
    09-28-2012 01:13 PM
    Stop it Apple-flappers. Always wanting to cry troll every time a customer gives a poor review.

No. So.
    Shouldn't it be "Apple-fappers"? Just askin'.
    We aren't. We just don't like it that people are saying their opinion is fact.
    09-28-2012 01:24 PM

No. So.
    then take it back, sell it - throw it off a phucking cliff and move on. why is this so difficult to understand. by complaining on a forum will not change anything

i hate repeating myself but show Apple with your wallet, not your god damn keyboard
    kch50428 likes this.
    09-28-2012 01:33 PM
    Anyone that takes a crack at Siri is not being a troll. It still doesn't "work". It functions (sometimes) but its still nowhere near it needs to be. I was excited about it when I got my 4S but I stopped using it completely after about 2 months. People would tell me it timed out all of the time because I have Sprint and their network sucks. But friends and coworkers with Verizon and ATT had the same issues.

Siri, like maps, still has a ways to go.

Voice dictation on the other hand works amazingly well.
    It's one thing to offer a cogent argument... throwing out an ad hominem "We all know.. Siri sucks" is anything but cogent and can rightfully be labeled as trolling.
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-28-2012 01:38 PM
    We are invested into Apple too much already to back down now.

If we aren't satisfied, we'll say it. Then come up with a conclusion.

I don't know what you do, but we only accept the best. You don't have to come to these topics.
    redbeard likes this.
    09-28-2012 01:38 PM
    I am a die hard android user the iPhone 5 is my first iPhone . I am very pleased with the device. My prior device is a galaxy nexus which was also a good device. This device may not be for everyone we all have different needs. But if anyone says the camera or screen on this device sucks the. They are lying or haven't used the device. Battery life is also awesome
    Exxod likes this.
    09-28-2012 01:40 PM
    We are invested into Apple too much already to back down now.

If we aren't satisfied, we'll say it. Then come up with a conclusion.

I don't know what you do, but we only accept the best. You don't have to come to these topics.
    Nor do you.

My Navigation needs are primarily met with my Garmin Nuvi... and I back that up with Navigon... so I have the best in mapping solutions in my opinion.
    09-28-2012 01:41 PM
    Mine are met with MapQuest. I didn't know it had the Siri voice on it, after that I had already forgotten about all the others.
    09-28-2012 01:43 PM
98 123 ...