New iPhone 5. Siri is terrible. Worked on 4 s well enough. Now unusable.
    10-06-2012 07:02 PM
    It's probably one of the reasons they more not marketing it any more.
    10-06-2012 07:34 PM
    New iPhone 5. Siri is terrible. Worked on 4 s well enough. Now unusable.
    I think completely the opposite. Siri seems much more responsive and usable on 5. Siri and sports are a great mix. I am blown away with the speed of this 5. Very pleased.
    10-06-2012 07:53 PM
    I'll add a little to this discussion. I got the iPhone 5 the day it was released, and coming from the iPhone 4 it was my first encounter with Siri. When Siri works, she works great. I'm figuring out how to ask questions to make sure I get a response instead of her offering to search the internet for what I'm asking. I also ask her a lot of things that there is no way she would know without searching the internet, but I'm just trying to figure out the limitations. My issue comes from network connectivity. I am in an LTE market with consistently good coverage. Most of the time I use Siri, it's while driving. I've found speech recognition a little lacking, but nothing that is too difficult to correct. I also know that we have trained ourselves to speak quickly and using shortened phrasing so sometimes I need to make sure to enunciate. That being said, I probably have connectivity issues 60% of the time. More often than not, after a simple command such as "Send _ a message," Siri will just sit there for awhile. Sometimes she eventually comes back and asks me what I want to say, but often it's 45 seconds to a minute before I give up and tap the microphone icon and try again. I'm finding that if that happens once, it will happen the next time. The best way to solve this is to hit the home button to close Siri, and then try again. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not in areas where coverage is an issue, so that is not the problem. It can tend to be frustrating. I'm not giving my iPhone 5 back, so don't even suggest that. I'd quit using Siri before I do that. And I understand technology is touchy and I have no expectation that everything works 100% of the time. But reading how so many people don't have this issue makes me wonder why it's a problem for me. I love the phone, love iOS6 (even Maps), and am not that concerned about it. But I can definitely see some room for improvement.
    10-06-2012 08:25 PM
    Hello...the above statement is true for me, most of the time. Has anyone done anything that optimizes it and makes it work better?

Just to clarify, as I have seemed to make a few individuals very very angry, I am not indicating that ip5 or ios6 suck, but rather mine and everyone I have talked to has had "sucky" experiances with Siri.

Also, what I was indicating, is after a new gen of iphone and another ios, I am shocked it does not perform better.
    NEIN!
    10-06-2012 09:01 PM
    This sounds silly, but I'm Texan and UK or Australian Siri understands me better than US Siri. I was playing with it the other day and found that out.

I'm not a big Siri person myself, but I thought that was funny.
    10-06-2012 09:33 PM
    Siri down right now for anyone?

Edit: seems to be working again.
    Last edited by LCW; 10-06-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    10-06-2012 09:59 PM
    On my iPhone 5 I find that Siri does not connect most the time it's almost like she is overloaded

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-06-2012 10:03 PM
    iPhone 5...iOS6...and Siri still sucks-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349575519.789525.jpg

This is what I see 90 percent of the time

10-06-2012 10:05 PM
    md17...Why do you continue to feed him???...
    10-07-2012 12:51 AM
    I always wondered how it is that people have the same kinds of conversations with it. I mean if it's a free program wouldn't you think it would be able to say more? I guess it won't acknowledge anything beyond what it was intended to do. It's like in videogames where you have an entire city to play in but you can't go in the water.

Just doesn't wow me.
    10-07-2012 01:31 AM
    My last iPhone was a 4 so I never had the chance to play with Siri except a few minutes here and there with friends' phones, so I can't compare how earlier iterations are against the new version on my iPhone 5. I can compare it to S-Voice though, which was the woeful attempt to do something similar on my Galaxy S3. S-Voice was awful and completely useless. It wouldn't open any apps and had issues with adding things into the calendar and so on.

Of course, one reason for this particular issue might be the plethora of apps that purport to act as calendars. S-Voice just couldn't keep track of them all so no wonder it couldn't add a calendar entry into the app I wanted. As Android is open source, S-Voice will naturally have a pig of a time trying to integrate itself with the tens of thousands of different apps that users across the world will have on their S3s. so it's hardly surprising that the functionality is less.

I find Siri to be very responsive. Only rarely is their any 'lag' and that's only sometimes when it searches the phone for something which isn't on there and offers to search the web instead. The ability to add calendar entries, reminders, alarms, play music and so on, all of which can be controlled from the earpods whilst the phone is in your pocket, is a work of genius. I think Siri is very good indeed but then maybe I haven't had time to use it as much as many of you that came from a 4S so I have yet to find the limitations inherent in the system.

Overall though it seems to have vastly increased usability compared to S-Voice and whereas with the Samsung I turned S-Voice off pretty much after the first few days of exasperated use, Siri has stayed switched on and I use it daily.
    10-07-2012 05:41 AM
    That is damn funny, unless you actually needed one...in which case it's tragic.
    10-07-2012 08:53 AM
    Siri is useful for simple tasks- reminders, quick text, etc. using it for anything more than that has been an exercise in futility.
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5...iOS6...and Siri still sucks-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1349614844.033148.jpg  
    10-07-2012 09:01 AM
    911 is the police though, not the ambulance.
    You've now defined your ignorance quite clearly.
    kch50428 and Darth-gamer like this.
    10-07-2012 10:45 AM
    It's too simple for me. Same reason I don't talk to babies.
    10-07-2012 03:18 PM
    md17...Why do you continue to feed him???...
    You're right. I'll rise above and help people that are having similar issues as I am. And apparently aLot more people since the beginning of this thread

... I actually have had the phone replaced twice already so far with no improvement, showing its not hardware or network because my network is very fast.
    10-07-2012 03:44 PM
    You've now defined your ignorance quite clearly.
    Motoleos ignorance was clearly defined a long time ago, unfortunately it is showing it's ugly head under a new name and IP address now.....

10-07-2012 04:18 PM
    You're right. I'll rise above and help people that are having similar issues as I am. And apparently aLot more people since the beginning of this thread

... I actually have had the phone replaced twice already so far with no improvement, showing its not hardware or network because my network is very fast.

Just to be sure we are on the same page...which network are you on now VZW or AT&T?
    What was the main problem with the first iPhone5?
    Was there any transfer of data from the first to the second iPhone?
    10-08-2012 01:14 AM
    SIRI is the only reason to buy iPhone 5 because it is the only application which fulfills my all querries till date.
    10-08-2012 06:27 AM
    i wish Apple would release the Google Now app
    10-08-2012 05:58 PM

Just to be sure we are on the same page...which network are you on now VZW or AT&T?
    What was the main problem with the first iPhone5?
    Was there any transfer of data from the first to the second iPhone?
    First iPhone was replaced due to a screen response issue. No I started from new with this five. I'm on AT&T.
    10-08-2012 10:37 PM
    First iPhone was replaced due to a screen response issue. No I started from new with this five. I'm on AT&T.
    Many are leaning towards Apple Servers as being the guilty party...
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    10-10-2012 11:47 PM
98 ... 234