iPhone 5...iOS6...and Siri still sucks

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello...the above statement is true for me, most of the time. Has anyone done anything that optimizes it and makes it work better?

Just to clarify, as I have seemed to make a few individuals very very angry, I am not indicating that ip5 or ios6 suck, but rather mine and everyone I have talked to has had "sucky" experiances with Siri.

Also, what I was indicating, is after a new gen of iphone and another ios, I am shocked it does not perform better.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No, we don't all know, think, or even feel your headline statement is true. It is your seriously misguided opinion.

Dang... there I go again feeding a troll... :D

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I disagree! That statement is not true for me. I'm sorry you feel that way. You may want to return your iPhone 5 since its still within the 30 day return period.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
No, we don't all know, think, or even feel your headline statement is true. It is your seriously misguided opinion.

Dang... there I go again feeding a troll... :D

It's okay. Sometimes the temptation's too much.

As for the original poster, stating your opinion as fact is quite an egregious and misleading thing to do. Siri has worked quite well for me, actually.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I find that at least Siri is working waaaaayyyy better with the iphone 5 than it did with my 4S. I didn't use it much when I ran iOS 6 beta on my 4S, but using Siri on my iP5, it's noticeably better than on iOS 5 with the 4S. I'm not sure if it's optimization from iOS 6, better (faster) hardware from iPhone 5, or a combination of both. But Siri is becoming more useful to me. Just my personal opinion.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Siri's still working fine for me, and can give me sports information now which is a plus. Honestly, the only thing i still see that sucks is the OP's opinion.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not experienced any issues so far with iOS 6, iPhone 5 or Siri... Siri works perfectly - sending texts, starting apps, tweeting and providing sports scores.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an iP4, I'm new to Siri. So far I find Siri underwhelming. I had higher hopes that after a year in "beta" Apple would have made more progress. My biggest complaint is that sometimes Siri is ridiculously slow. And there are moments where Siri simply flails. Me: Julie _____ is my wife. Siri: send text to Brian. WTF?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an iP4, I'm new to Siri. So far I find Siri underwhelming. I had higher hopes that after a year in "beta" Apple would have made more progress. My biggest complaint is that sometimes Siri is ridiculously slow. And there are moments where Siri simply flails. Me: Julie _____ is my wife. Siri: send text to Brian. WTF?

This "Beta" comment seems to be something coming from the people that will never be satisfied with Siri...i still find it humorous.

As far as Siri being slow...I've only ever had problems with the software when the servers are down or I'm in poor reception or having network issues...when the network is up, Siri runs perfectly for me, and the network/server issues account for about .00000000001% of the time.

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Let me rephrase that...I love ios 6 and my new ip 5, but I was having serious Siri issues the first day i got the phone...Im not a troll i promise!!!could it be because so many people were using the Siri server that it was not responding?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You come out of the box and say "Siri still sucks..." Then make the next comment "We all know it's true...", and you want people to believe you're not trolling? lol! Please...

I haven't had problems with Siri not responding since i got my iPhone 5 (or when i installed iOS 6 on my 4S)...maybe your phone wants to escape or something.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I think dictation is way more important than Siri. And dictation works much better on iPhone 5. Perhaps it's an improved microphone system?

Anyway, Siri is ok but sometimes she chokes...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to Siri...while she's not perfect, she is pretty awesome. Yes, she gets things wrong sometimes, and she can't find my father-in-law in my contacts to save her little binary life, but other than that I'm quite pleased with the voice recognition.

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that takes a crack at Siri is not being a troll. It still doesn't "work". It functions (sometimes) but its still nowhere near it needs to be. I was excited about it when I got my 4S but I stopped using it completely after about 2 months. People would tell me it timed out all of the time because I have Sprint and their network sucks. But friends and coworkers with Verizon and ATT had the same issues.

Siri, like maps, still has a ways to go.

Voice dictation on the other hand works amazingly well.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Stop it Apple-flappers. Always wanting to cry troll every time a customer gives a poor review.

Do you call your teacher a troll when she gives you an F?

No. So.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Stop it Apple-flappers. Always wanting to cry troll every time a customer gives a poor review.

No. So.

Shouldn't it be "Apple-fappers"? Just askin'.
We aren't. We just don't like it that people are saying their opinion is fact.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

No. So.

then take it back, sell it - throw it off a phucking cliff and move on. why is this so difficult to understand. by complaining on a forum will not change anything

i hate repeating myself but show Apple with your wallet, not your god damn keyboard

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro