Amazon Trade In Program

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 perfectly mint white 32GB 4S's going for cheap. I usually sell mine on Howardforums (been a member there for 7 years same username) I am just trying to get $350 each and I have a TON of cases lol. I may try eBay. Both of my phones are Jailbroken.

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my 64gb 4s to amazon a week before the 5 was announced. Took 4 or 5 days after it was delivered for me to get the money. I'd say be patient. They upheld their offer of $500 for mine so I was satisfied :)

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I got my email and I never would have thought this would have happened but they actually upgraded my condition to "Like New" and gave me $365 for mine. Whew--I feel better having the gift card deposited. I still can't believe they upgraded my condition either. I reported it as "good" and got the original offer for $310. Very pleased to say the least. Interesting to see what others have to say about their experiences. I am not sure if I would or would not do it again. I think it's at least as safe as mailing it to some total stranger with 3 feedback or meeting someone at McDonalds that called me off of Craigslist! Anything is a gamble, really when you are talking $300+ bucks.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 perfectly mint white 32GB 4S's going for cheap. I usually sell mine on Howardforums (been a member there for 7 years same username) I am just trying to get $350 each and I have a TON of cases lol. I may try eBay. Both of my phones are Jailbroken.

Swappa and amazon are options as well.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Selling on eBay is ripe for getting ripped off. Pretty much all the buyer has to do is say the box was empty and eBay/Paypal will side with them almost everytime leaving you screwed. God help you if you send it overseas. If you want to sell either forums or craigslist is the way to go. To a lot of people the extra time isn't worth the extra money involved.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Some guy paid me for one of my phones at my buy it now price, but I have sent him 2 messages and he hasn't responded. He has over feedback score over 3400 but has only been a member since April?? Supposedly the money was deposited into my Paypal account and I have transferred it to my bank account (which takes about 72 hours) but I am not shipping the phone until he answers me and the money is in my bank account. Then I will feel safe. Funny thing is, eBay didn't subtract any fees??

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I honestly do not understand the eBay thing. First of all they charge to a decent fee to do this. Second you then have to box your crap up and get it shipped out. Then you have the chance the receiver will be unhappy or disagree with the condition of the phone. I sell my phones on Craigslist every time a new phone comes out. I refuse to meet anyone anywhere. They come to my house and if they don't like it they don't buy it (which never happens). I go nowhere, I spend $0 in fees, and I package nothing.

I sold my 4S for $400 on Craigslist last week. And guess how much wound up in my pocket? $400. And I did nothing and went nowhere and packaged up nothing. Why the hell would you use eBay?????

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I honestly do not understand the eBay thing. First of all they charge to a decent fee to do this. Second you then have to box your crap up and get it shipped out. Then you have the chance the receiver will be unhappy or disagree with the condition of the phone. I sell my phones on Craigslist every time a new phone comes out. I refuse to meet anyone anywhere. They come to my house and if they don't like it they don't buy it (which never happens). I go nowhere, I spend $0 in fees, and I package nothing.

I sold my 4S for $400 on Craigslist last week. And guess how much wound up in my pocket? $400. And I did nothing and went nowhere and packaged up nothing. Why the hell would you use eBay?????

I sold through eBay, was sent a pre-paid label, got $400, and didn't have a potential psycho come to my home.

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I sold through eBay, was sent a pre-paid label, got $400, and didn't have a potential psycho come to my home.

Really come on. Any psycho can come to your home at any time. The least likely person to do harm or rob you is the person who you contact and have their phone number. I've sold over 500 things on Craigslist over the past 10+ years and every one of these have been sold from my house. Never a single problem. And read the thread - even if your claim is true, it is by far the exception People are not getting $400 on ebay and most are experiencing problems. So yay to you but no one else here seems to have had that experience. Not even close.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Personally I've never had any problems with selling on eBay (over 150 items). Never had a single problem with a buyer. I do agree the fees could really hit you hard. But I live in a small market area (Delaware) so it's usually many days or even weeks before someone responds to a Craigslist posting so that's not always best for me. But I have also so that way too. Definitely wouldn't let anyone come to my house. Big difference between a psycho just being one and you letting one in that now knows what type of expensive items you have in your house. But hey to each its own. Remember eBay is bringing the buyer to you. Retailers do charge shelf space to manufacturers for putting their items on display. Are they too high? Yes for some items but if you know what you are doing you can have success and no experience too many issues. Good luck all.

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
ive went the extra mile..sacrificed two weeks without my iphone 4S white 16 gb by selling it for 450$ on craigslist. original/unused accessories.

---------- Post Merged at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:17 AM ----------

whoa that is extremely fishy..but yeah i would wait it out. usually when money is deposited into paypal, for example: sold a new mophie juice pack. 59.99 and had to deduct ebay's commision so came out to about 57.89 or so, and that was the amount being deposited...

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Really come on. Any psycho can come to your home at any time. The least likely person to do harm or rob you is the person who you contact and have their phone number. I've sold over 500 things on Craigslist over the past 10+ years and every one of these have been sold from my house. Never a single problem. And read the thread - even if your claim is true, it is by far the exception People are not getting $400 on ebay and most are experiencing problems. So yay to you but no one else here seems to have had that experience. Not even close.

I'm just sayiing, your way wasn't any more or less convenient than mine. Just because it works for you doesn't mean other people are stupid for using a different method. I got $400 for selling through a resale company eBay was promoting on their main page. No eBay/PayPal fees, no shipping, no problems at all. I didn't even have to deal with a "buyer."

Last edited:

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I traded mine in cause I got more than any other place. Traded in a 4S 64gb and a 4 16Gb and got $800 for the pair. It went smoothly. I sent then put 9/21. They received it 9/24 and I had my $800 in my amazon account on 26th.
It's like cash to me cause we spent couple hundred bux a month on amazon. Plus if you really need to convert it to cash , there are ways around it ;) :)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
eBay doesn't take the fees out automatically when the money is deposited into PayPal. At least not for me. I suppose they could have adoption for that, but I get a bill at the end of the month for the eBay charges and they take it out of PayPal. *shrug* your mileage may vary.

Markinbright#IM

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my Iphone 4s 16GB to Amazon and got $365, plus Amazon paid the shipping. I think it took about a week for them to process. I usually sell my old gadgets on Ebay, and I usually feel OK about the way it turns out, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done better than Amazon in this particular situation. I would have to have gotten $400 on Ebay for it to even out, and there's a little bit of uncertainty with Ebay.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I got my email and I never would have thought this would have happened but they actually upgraded my condition to "Like New" and gave me $365 for mine. Whew--I feel better having the gift card deposited. I still can't believe they upgraded my condition either. I reported it as "good" and got the original offer for $310. Very pleased to say the least. Interesting to see what others have to say about their experiences. I am not sure if I would or would not do it again. I think it's at least as safe as mailing it to some total stranger with 3 feedback or meeting someone at McDonalds that called me off of Craigslist! Anything is a gamble, really when you are talking $300+ bucks.

Wow. VERY relieved to hear about how this worked out for you. I had just mailed mine in (32GB) 4s on at&t. It's factory unlocked-- and Amazon neither asks nor cares, but I was happy with quote for $400 (like new is accurate for mine)- especially after launch of iPhone 5

ii had a moment of panic when I saw your thread- because I did not check others' experience beforehand. I've checked many others (ie: sellcell - which may be the wrong name, but you get the picture). Have avoided all others in the past for nightmare stories. with Amazon, it was recommended on zdnet or cnet, and was Amazon. I took for granted tht it would be easy and legit. very glad to hear that it was: and upgrading yours to like new is especially reassuring. I should know result within the week.

To those who think us fools to trade instead of sell? It isn't for everyone. That's all. Options exist for a reason. You're happy with your choice - please respect others' choices as well.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I have another 32GB 4S that will be for sale when my daughter's 5 comes in. I am probably going to go the Amazon route for that one. Less worry than eBay and over time, I will spend the money on Amazon.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. VERY relieved to hear about how this worked out for you. I had just mailed mine in (32GB) 4s on at&t. It's factory unlocked-- and Amazon neither asks nor cares, but I was happy with quote for $400 (like new is accurate for mine)- especially after launch of iPhone 5

ii had a moment of panic when I saw your thread- because I did not check others' experience beforehand. I've checked many others (ie: sellcell - which may be the wrong name, but you get the picture). Have avoided all others in the past for nightmare stories. with Amazon, it was recommended on zdnet or cnet, and was Amazon. I took for granted tht it would be easy and legit. very glad to hear that it was: and upgrading yours to like new is especially reassuring. I should know result within the week.

To those who think us fools to trade instead of sell? It isn't for everyone. That's all. Options exist for a reason. You're happy with your choice - please respect others' choices as well.

Well, Spectacularone, I am wondering where you saw the nightmare stories, because I am likely to have one. I've searched without finding any.

They downgraded the condition of my phone, calling it "lightly scratched" which is utter and complete BS. I have never scratched a phone -- especially not this one. It had cases and screen protectors and was always in its own special pocket of my bag. I did not photograph it first -- BIG mistake, though there's no recourse even with photos. Mine must have gone to a tech who was too constipated that day or something!

I asked for return if they downgraded, because I know it was in pristine, like new condition. If it comes back scratched, they did it. And if it comes back minus box and parts, I will be livid -- it never occurred to me that it could come back to me in anything other than complete as I sent it in. I even replaced the plug with a new one so it WOULD be complete as new - and as they spell out, "could be given as a gift". :mad: :mad: :mad:

Holding breath here, with steam coming out of my ears!!!

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, Spectacularone, I am wondering where you saw the nightmares stories, because I am likely to have one. I've searched without finding any.

They downgraded the condition of my phone, calling it "lightly scratched" which is utter and complete BS. I asked for return if they downgraded, because I know it was in pristine, like new condition. If it comes back scratched, they did it. And if it comes back minus box and parts, I will be livid. I even replaced the plug with a new one so it WOULD be complete as new - and as they spell out, "could be given as a gift".

Holding breath here, with steam coming out of my ears!!!

I searched on Google "Amazon trade in scam". It brought up a YouTube video and links on Amazons very own forums of people complaining. Mine went smoothly. Hope you get all of your stuff back in the same condition. I had AppleCare+ on mine so I was worried about them returning a different unit to me. Then, what is your recourse if something bad happens? You gonna sue Amazon/affiliate company?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW