So mad so I revived my new screen protectors today and was very excited to put them on. I had my i5 covered completely with a temp screen protector right out of the box but when I lifted up the old one, I noticed this shiny dot on my screen I rubbed and rubbed to try an remove it to find out that it was a pin size chip on my screen. I'm so mad idk what to do with my self. I think I'm just returning everything and waiting till things get better on QC hopefully
    09-28-2012 09:11 AM
    Take it into Apple store. Ask if they have replacements, not instock purchasing. So I have heard, they have extra ones for these type of issues.

They will take care of you.
    09-28-2012 09:18 AM
    Just take it to Apple and get it replaced. Out of the millions of devices that were built, it's not unusual for a few to have issues. Sorry about you luck, but it's easily remedied by a trip to the Apple Store.
    09-28-2012 09:18 AM
    That sounds like a lot of work to me to wrap each phone up you get with plastic. The last time i used a screen protector was a palm Treo. I know i'll swap my phone out around the end of year. I'll baby it but I don't really care if it gets scuffed up. But yeah, if i had a chip on the viewing screen, i'd swap it immediately.
    09-28-2012 09:19 AM
    That does suck, but a screen can be replaced... and it's just a small chip, right? When I got my iPod Touch (4th gen), the damn thing was so thin that when I was putting on the screen protector, I got a nice crack from the home button to about 1/3 up on the right side of the screen. I never ended up fixing it, technically it was user error.

Do you know how you got the chip though? I've had my iPad3 since its release and have left it with no screen protector (only a back cover and the apple screen cover (magnetic thing). iPad has been all over with me, even the beach 0 not a single chip/scratch/crack. And the iPhone5 is supposed to have even stronger glass.

At least you got the device though, haha. I'm still waiting for mine which was stolen out of the FedEx box before it was even delivered on the 21st. Who knows when Verizon/FedEx will clear things up and ship me a phone (which I paid full price for...)
    09-28-2012 09:22 AM
    No I really don't know how I got it, I had the original plastic screen protector on It until my replacement screen protectors came in. So I'm not sure at all. I'll stop by the apple store today . I'm just so mad ! I want to love this phone
    09-28-2012 09:31 AM
    Grrrrrrrrrr
    09-28-2012 11:27 AM