OT: Is SPYWARE still a threat? Is the iPhone 5 vulnerable?

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't thought about or looked into this topic for a long time. A client told me today they think their spouse has installed spyware on their mobile phone.

This person thinks it was done REMOTELY! I can understand that, if someone has possession of your mobile device for a few minutes, they might be able to download a spyware program.

However, I have a hard time believing that someone could install anything--much less spyware--remotely without your knowledge and without your phone in hand. And I would think the latest smartphones from Apple would have safeguards for this stuff.

Anyway, if anyone would be so kind as to get me up to speed, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to allay the person's fears, for one thing....

Thanks!

(And I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question--I looked around and didn't see anything better etc.)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unless your iPhone is jailbroken, and the 5 can't be jailbroken yet...not possible. Besides, a simple restore wipes anything someone could do, so nobody bothers writing hacks/trojans/malware/virus/etc. for the iPhone (or most cellphones).

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. Yes, it didn't seem likely that anyone could remotely install anything on a smartphone these days.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR