30 pin to lightning connector

jlindsey.stu

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a built in 30 pin connector in my car for my iPhone. It is hardwired into my radio unit so that I can look at my playlists and change songs using my steering wheel controls or the radio unit itself without messing with my phone. If I get a connector will I lose the ability to view and manipulate my iPhone through the stereo?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if the answer to this is clear yet -- probably going to have to wait until these adapters get released and they get reviewed/tested

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I should have mine in the next few days...I'll let you know how it works since my truck has both the bluetooth connection for music but also a 30-pin adaptor in the arm rest.

sibebabe

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I should have mine in the next few days...I'll let you know how it works since my truck has both the bluetooth connection for music but also a 30-pin adaptor in the arm rest.

Out of curiosity does the play info show up when you use bluetooth? I had the same problem so I bought a 30 pin to bluetooth connecter anxious to try it. I'll probably just buy a usb charger and cord for in the car.

jlindsey.stu

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I'd appreciate that. If that doesn't work I will probably have to get an iPod just for music and that won't make me happy :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
From everything I've read, the adapter will allow for music, but NOT "iPod out" which is what gives you song title and playback controls on car displays and what not. So, unfortunately, I wouldn't get my hopes up for the same level of control you have now.

One idea: if you upgraded from a 4 or 4S, you could continue to use that as a dedicated, in-car iPod. Not ideal (no streaming for instance) but it might help.

jlindsey.stu

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
From everything I've read, the adapter will allow for music, but NOT "iPod out" which is what gives you song title and playback controls on car displays and what not. So, unfortunately, I wouldn't get my hopes up for the same level of control you have now.

One idea: if you upgraded from a 4 or 4S, you could continue to use that as a dedicated, in-car iPod. Not ideal (no streaming for instance) but it might help.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't have the tech knowledge of most on this board. You say the adapter probably won't allow for iPod out, but if I got it rewired would that make a difference? Is it the adapter or the new lightning connector itself?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's the adapter. Not sure what kind of rewiring it would take to make it all work...do you mean having your car rewired to use a lightning connector instead of 30 pin?

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
What I want to know is if there's going to be a reverse adapter (30 pin to lightning) so I don't have to use multiple USB cables. Not even sure if its possible with the differing capabilities of the connector.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73