In what condition did you receive your iPhone 5?

As stated, what happened for you?

• Unit perfectly in order

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • Unit had a cosmetic defect

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Unit had a screen defect

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Unit had any other hardware/software defect

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
This is not a thread to discuss any of the problems encountered. Other threads already exist for that. I just thought it could be relevant to poll the community here and have an idea just what proportion of iMore users had the infamous out-of-the-box bad surprise. I'm not saying it will have any scientific meaning, but at least it could indicate to some degree the extent of the situation. If you wish to comment, it could perhaps be indicative to know where you bought it, and whether it was a store pick-up or a delivered unit - or any other detail you think is significant.

Thank you!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered, received on launch day via UPS box, phone and all contents were perfect.

---------- Post Merged at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Pre-ordered, received on launch day via UPS box, phone and all contents were perfect.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered... received my box 9/21. Unit wasn't there! FedEx box arrived with my Verizon info, receipts and insurance info... but no iPhone5... not even the box :(:mad:
Not sure what 'condition' I should say it was in...

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Pre-order. Shipped to Arizona, I received my phone on launch day from FedEx. I opened it up, turned it on, and had dead pixels on the screen. Returned to Apple, and now have a functioning unit with an uneven home button that Apple said they will fix once they get replacement parts in.

Last edited:

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Did not think of the one occurence... but at the same time it isn't exactly related. I'd say post again when you'll get it! :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Arizona. :) (Somebody was gonna do it... why not me?)

I preordered on 9/21... received my phone in mint condition... no issues to report.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
In what state did you receive your iPhone 5?

Preorder that was delivered to auburn hills, mi through Verizon. It's funny because I preordered at best buy too but that one hasn't come in.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Arizona. :) (Somebody was gonna do it... why not me?)

I preordered on 9/21... received my phone in mint condition... no issues to report.

I just changed the title of the thread, cause when I started reading I couldn't imagine why nobody had listed states!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Miami, FL

pre-ordered from sprint.com sep 14. 32gb black slate. received on sep 21 at 10AM from UPS. no damages no nothing. perfect phone.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Bought mine at the Apple Store in International Plaza, Tampa, FL on launch day. Made week 35 (September). No functional or visual/cosmetic defects at all - flawless.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine though Apple on the 14th. 16GB Black & Slate, AT&T. Arrived via UPS on the 21st. Pristine.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I just changed the title of the thread, cause when I started reading I couldn't imagine why nobody had listed states!

Thanks for that! My first language is french, I do those kind of mistakes sometimes. I knew there was something off with it... :eek:

---------- Post Merged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Thanks for that! My first language is french, I do those kind of mistakes sometimes. I knew there was something off with it... :eek:

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Damn French. :p

You just can't believe... I work in electronics, and whenever I try translating all the english litterature I've read for customers, I have a hard time, but the worst is that any french translation doesn't sound near as powerful as the original expression. Some domains should be english only, and that comes from someone who otherwise loves the french language.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Per ordered from AT&T. I received on launch day at 3pm. I was sober, so I was in pretty good condition when I received it.

Wait. That's not hat you mean is it?

My device I believe was flawless. The back is free of blemishes, there is a scratch on the bezel but I didn't notice that till a day or so ago, so I don't know if I did it or it came like that.

Screen is flawless and gorgeous.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
San Diego CA pre order from Verizon
Delivered FedEx on 9/21 at 2 pm
Perfect condition have not had one issue
Slate black 16 gig
Condition , battery life , screen is all great

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics