i basically harassed every store that had it or is going to have it, where i live and surrounding cities. NO LUCK

i called at&t and it's 14-21 days. hell i could change my mind by then!!
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-26-2012 10:56 PM
    I think even Apple is saying October deliveries. I think you'll just be waiting, sucks to say.
    09-26-2012 11:04 PM
    Radio shack will be getting a load in on Friday....I bet you can find some next week
    nikkisharif and BLiNK like this.
    09-26-2012 11:09 PM
    10:00 pm local time, check availability at your closest Apple store. My daughter picked up her 5 yesterday.
    09-27-2012 07:08 AM
    10:00 pm local time, check availability at your closest Apple store. My daughter picked up her 5 yesterday.
    interesting.. did she make an appt. or is it walk in only? also, how do they handle carrier upgrades?
    09-27-2012 07:53 AM
    No Apple store in your area? All of the Atlanta Apple stores now have plenty of stock arriving daily so i would imagine most larger markets would be the same.
    09-27-2012 07:55 AM
    there are two from me less than an hour away, which i will have no problem going to after work if i know i can get one for sure
    09-27-2012 08:18 AM
    I agree with salscott, check Radio Shack. I made my decision to get the 5 Tuesday morning & no one had it but Radio Shack. The store manager told me they got a large shipment of them & not many people were checking their stores for them so they still had a bunch left over.
    09-27-2012 08:20 AM
    I agree with salscott, check Radio Shack. I made my decision to get the 5 Tuesday morning & no one had it but Radio Shack. The store manager told me they got a large shipment of them & not many people were checking their stores for them so they still had a bunch left over.
    Damnt....I'm still waiting for my store to get their first shipment. Today maybe.
    09-27-2012 08:22 AM
    Damnt....I'm still waiting for my store to get their first shipment. Today maybe.
    fingers crossed!!!!
    09-27-2012 08:23 AM
    I just went ahead and ordered it online. I've waited two years and three months, what's one more month using my IPhone 4? I know I will not change my mind AND I will have time to leisurely pick out a case plus I don't have to drive or call all over town. I can wait!
    Ipheuria likes this.
    09-27-2012 08:37 AM
    fingers crossed!!!!
    Thanks...what are you using as a case?
    09-27-2012 08:37 AM
    Buy it online between 10:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. for in-store pickup the next day. Limited quantities may also be available for in-store pickup on a first-come, first-served basis.

Apple Retail Store - iPhone
    09-27-2012 08:43 AM
    Thanks...what are you using as a case?
    I have Case-Mate Glam in gold & a Griffin Reveal in black...Love them both! I also ordered an Otterbox Defender in navy/green & a Commuter in orange/grey. I do go naked sometimes, but I'm definitely a case junkie LOL
    09-27-2012 08:45 AM
    I have Case-Mate Glam in gold & a Griffin Reveal in black...Love them both! I also ordered an Otterbox Defender in navy/green & a Commuter in orange/grey. I do go naked sometimes, but I'm definitely a case junkie LOL
    So the reveal is what I'm Considering..it shows and protects the back. Many say that it scratches easily or is loose. Do you have either issue?
    09-27-2012 09:07 AM
    So the reveal is what I'm Considering..it shows and protects the back. Many say that it scratches easily or is loose. Do you have either issue?
    I've only had it for a few days but so far so good...haven't had any issues.
    09-27-2012 09:18 AM
    I've had 2 Reveals, and they both scratched very easily. Other than that, I like it.

Sent from my VZW iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-27-2012 09:24 AM
    the fit on these are good. the back scratches fast and easily. remember being it clear it shows more and and its plastic. overall it gives good looks.
    09-27-2012 09:54 AM
    the fit on these are good. the back scratches fast and easily. remember being it clear it shows more and and its plastic. overall it gives good looks.
    I'm curious what scratches look like on this cover. There is also a rocketfish clear cover at best buy that has watermark issues according to feedback....so I am conflicted on which way to go. I do know that I'm not covering the back unless clear...not gonna happen.
    09-27-2012 09:58 AM
    there are two from me less than an hour away, which i will have no problem going to after work if i know i can get one for sure
    "After work" is going to be tough... you probably can get one if you go in the morning. I was at one of my nearby Apple Stores the other morning around 11am (Walnut Creek CA) and they had 32gb & 64gb in stock without a steady line of about 10 people getting them one after the other
    09-27-2012 09:59 AM
    interesting.. did she make an appt. or is it walk in only? also, how do they handle carrier upgrades?
    Go to the Apple website at 10 pm local time and check availability. If they have what you want, you can reserve it and pick it up the next day.

They handle upgrades same as always.
    09-27-2012 11:12 AM
    I picked up mine at a Radio Shack. Call a few around your area to see what they have in stock.
    09-27-2012 12:41 PM
    I picked up mine at a Radio Shack. Call a few around your area to see what they have in stock.
    they're thinking by tomorrow but they still have pre orders to fill and waiting lists

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:53 PM ----------

ok, so i did talk to a rep at the Apple store and i think i may try to order one tonight and pick it up tomorrow

however, there might be an issue. the upgrade I'm using is from another line on my account. they told me I would need to contact my carrier to switch it to my my line.. but in the meantime i'll have to choose some sort of data plan before i leave the store..

sounds like a PITA
    09-27-2012 01:55 PM
    I had to do something close to that and encountered no problem. But can you just ask to renew the actual plan for your other line? If you can't, they'll switch the line to your phone number, but your other line will be stuck with the new plan you had to choose.
    09-27-2012 02:52 PM
    Stalk your local Apple or carrier store.. its first come first serve.. and as soon as they come in stock they leave early..

but i think you would have to just wait till Oct.. n even then it will be sold out in the first day they come in
    09-27-2012 02:59 PM
55 123